So, which one do you like more, Veeky Forums?

So, which one do you like more, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PTUvB1ygPbw
youtube.com/watch?v=BHoAQW_DBI4
youtube.com/watch?v=tTu3gVvm_K8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Christopher wins by default, as he at least wrote some good commentaries on specific events over the years, and his ideas on religion, and Marxism, while largely wrong, had some fucking good qualities hidden deep. Peter on the other hand has nothing towards his credit.

>quantity over quality: the post

Both are shit desu.

Some quality over no quality.

>literally the opposite of what he posted

I swear most of Veeky Forums is illiterate

I'm amazed some of the plebs on this site even know how to use a computer.

Ugh, I understand completely. This vacuous buffoons humour me something quite vicious!

I found Peter just as I started moving away from the edgy atheist shit and started to accept that religion has an important place both in society and our lives so I prefer listening to Peter speak as he shares a lot of my ideas. However I don't think he would have convinced me of his ideas while I was still a commie atheist. He just doesn't make his points clear and relies on the listener/reader/viewer to already know where he's coming from and the argument he's trying to put across. I think his speech at Oxford defending the existence of God is a perfect example of this

Are you me

>had an edgy atheist period where I unironically used words like "Hitchslap"
>went to uni
>graduated from philosophical positivism and obnoxious "scientism"
>still wake up at night from embarrassment of my blunder years

in my defense I did not own a fedora and kept an active and healthy lifestyle through sports

Peter:
>butthurt Tory
>assmad Anglican
>seems like your boring stepdad or boss
>alive
Christopher:
>war-crazed neocon
>hypocritical Marxist
>drank and smoked all the time so that's pretty cool
>dead
Seems about tied boys

yes

nice

My favourite Veeky Forums post of all time was something like "The wrong Hitchens died. Their father should have died so the world didn't have to suffer these two cretins."

get out

youtube.com/watch?v=PTUvB1ygPbw

christopher
with peter you can predict everything he's going to say, there's millions of people just like him
at least with christopher there's a unique perspective on the world

Obligatory:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHoAQW_DBI4

Christopher, no contest

it's a shame he was an atheist

Sorry, i only meant the joke of it I only know about Christopher through what Sam Harris has said and I've only seen Peter on the BBC two or three times over the years. I just like the joke, sorry.

Both are absolutely awful.

i like peter for his complete pessimism

youtube.com/watch?v=tTu3gVvm_K8

how can you not like this lad?

>in the evening of my days, which I've now reached

>No you haven't don't be daft!

We're all gonna love forever and happily Owen

As a Brit I find Peter's presence on panels very refreshing

> I have laboriously metalworked Peter's likeness into a number car door panels and this refreshes me

anti-capitalist rightism is an ideology that will grow powerful over the next couple decades, and peter hitchens will probably be considered a note-worthy influence. christopher on the other hand will be regarded as a well known but ultimately irrelevant popular commentator.

typical progressive desu

> anti capitalist rightism
So fascism then

The anti-capitalist right can never really defeat capitalism because its goals are impossible. You can't move history in reverse, capitalism is unstoppable.

>"we the left are the moral..."

eye roll

> returning to feudalism by letting big business moved unrestrained isn't also moving history in reverse

Honestly, you sound like you're 12. Read some political philosophy before you post again please

Peter is great. He's so moral. The fat guy was his brother? Wasn't he an atheist or something?

Not that user but you need to read political philosophy if you think that is feudalism

Idk who the guy on the right is, but Christopher Hitchens is the fucking man. I guess it goes without saying that I like Hitchmeister more.

Whatever you like Christopher Hitchens and his buddies Daniel Dennet, Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris, I think they are very influental.

I imagine that it will shape ideology years to come.

In the United States because of Christians and in Europe because of muslims.
Doesn't mean people will try though.

>Christopher Hitchens is the fucking man

Go back to whatever shithole you came from.