Veeky Forums, I need your help. I'm a single dad (wife died) with three daughters. Ages are 5,8,16

Veeky Forums, I need your help. I'm a single dad (wife died) with three daughters. Ages are 5,8,16.
My eldest has decided to be vegan, but she's pretty cute. No dairy produce, no honey, obviously no meat.
I love cooking and baking. I get the kids to help out.

Simple question: do you know any good vegan recipes?
Personally I eat a lot of fish, occasionally meat. I make good soup but I really want my eldest daughter to get all the nutrients she needs. She is filling out pretty well though.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/minestrone-soup-recipe.html
jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/special-diets/vegan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>family problems blogging
>vegan
tasty bait for all!

Well if she's vegan she'll be eating a lot of meat anyways so you wont have to worry about protein

Nuts and Beans for protein (could probably find a soy product)

Just cook like you normally do but substitute any animal products for vegan alternatives.

eg use vegan stock for soups and any other vegan friendly items.

I'm sorry about your wife OP.

Make minestrone soup.
>fast -1 hour maximum
>quick clean up
>cheap
>vegetarian (hide your chicken stock inside your gun cabinet)

foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/minestrone-soup-recipe.html

>use powdered chicken stock and water for less cost
>cheese is unnecessary
>high in vegetables but low in protein
>you'll have to feed ur eldest daughter with canned lentils in the can until she starts eating meat again

Thanks

If she wants to change her dietary requirements to something that completely clash with that of the rest of your family then it should be her responsibility to cook for herself.

so we all just gonna ignore ops attraction to his underage daughter

post pics of your daughters

>he likes animu

No

i dont want to bitch about you being helpful,
but minestrone is basically just adding a shitton of different, in-season vegetables to a large pot on medium heat with some oliveoil, addidng a pinch of salt with each veg.
in the end you can add peeled blanched tomato and cook a potatoe with the veg, which you mash and add for more thickness. also you can add risottorice after the soup is done for a more hearty meal.
serve with pesto+oliveoil and maybe parm

its basically just a general guideline for how to cook vegetablesoup.

my recommendation would be to cook falafel with your daughter.
the initial cost is steep, since you probably wont have the required spices/tahin etc, once you have it its a meal with a foodcost of about 2$ for 4 people, since its really just spices with chickpeas .

youll find the recipe from ottolenghi online and should make a tahinsauce+a simple diced salad with cucumber,radish,tomato,cilantro,parsley as a side, maybe some crumbled roast pitabread on top.
its my fav vegetarian/vegan meal

Learn to make Mexican food.

thugkitchen.com has great recipes for tacos/burritos with lentils, rice, roasted cauliflower, etc

There's a shitload of chopping and preparation involved, so you can get the girls involved too.

Veganism is a fucking meme. We gave been killing shit and extorting animals for our own gain for millennia; anyone who thinks they can use """""morality""""" as an excuse is a fucking tool and needs a heavy dose of reality.

This

We as a society eat far too much meat, and breed animals that live only to suffer to fill that need. If they lived okay lives and ate well before being killed, I'd be super cool with it. But they don't. What the meat industry does is straight up evil, and the fact that society is so far gone that we abide by and even encourage this evil is a black mark on our species.

Nigger fuck off, I have been raising cattle on my family farm since I was about 9 years old. I raised and fed animals from birth and killed them with my own two hands. And yes, while I agree the meat "industry" is fucked beyond all belief, you would have to be a complete retard to think one person choosing to not eat meat is going to make a fucking difference. If you really believe this shit, buy from local farms, go out and hunt for game, and maybe raise something small yourself and realize how precious life is and how it is necessary for things to live and die.

So we agree. Awesome.

No not exactly, you are still feeding into you daughters delusion of veganism instead of properly educating her. At this point it may be too late for her, but you still have 2 other girls that won't be fucked up if you take some initiative. At this point I think has the right idea. Don't support this stupid ass shit.

Post pics of your daughter's vagoo

>durrr im a farmer im exempt from reason

Shut up lardo

>durrr I have never had to kill to eat before in my life
Fuck off moral fag

You really think I'm OP? Well, I'm not. I just think if someone wants to eat less animal fat then that's not an entirely foolish or ignoble thing. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that saturated fat has been linked to a shitload of different diseases, as well as just being bad for your digestive health. If it was me I'd encourage her to eat meat in moderation rather than cutting it out, because unhealthy = delicious and that's just the fact of it, but I don't begrudge anyone for cutting meat out of their diet entirely like you seem to. Just relax, man.

That's fine. A healthy well balanced diet is important, also not wanting to eat meat because of health reasons is fine. My problem is the veganism = "morality" shit.

Absolutely. Moralistic, militant vegans are scum. Like, I'm an atheist but I don't go around telling people because the fedora-tipping, katana-purchasing neckbeards have become the face of that particular philosophy. If I was a vegan I'd probably keep it a secret because of those fucking nonsense people making everyone else look bad.

I don't know how Veeky Forums at large feels about You Suck At Cooking because I don't browse much. But the majority of his recipes are vegetarian and can be easily adapted to be vegan (except the ones that depend on eggs). Yeah, it's a comedy show and it goes off the rails sometimes, but the recipes themselves are actually pretty good. Maybe watch it with your daughters for bonding time, I don't know.

Sorry for all the bs ITT, op. Hope I can help. Been living vegan for months now because I literally can't afford meat / dairy aside from eggs. What I eat mostly:

Thai curry (buy a proper paste and coconut milk, your favorite veg and tofu if you want protein. If you lack imagination, here's what I use: Carrot, Eggplant, Bell Pepper, Squash, Zucchini. Serve with rice.)

Daal (Indian lentil dish) with naan bread (homemade or store bought) and some form of tzaziki or yoghurt with mint, maybe add a chutney

Boiled potatoes, creamed spinach and fish with fried egg (for the rest of the family) plus lentil-patties (for your oldest daughter). All components are individual so everyone has his/her way.

Black bean burgers with or without cheese(these are absolutely delicious!)

Vegetable lasagna, without cheese. Make the bechamel with coconut or soy milk. I like using Zucchini, Squash and mushrooms in mine.

Some great sources with occasional vegan recipes: Cooking in Russia (yt) Seriouseats (website) Mnchies (yt, lots of vegan pandering)

It's currently just about the best yt channel there is, maybe second to Henrys Kitchen.

nice that you care that much, but in fact i think that your daughter decided this way herself, so she can cook herself (you can support her with money or get the things she tells you in the market). but if you start cooking vegan now, your other daughters will hate you and you will hate yourself. also you shouldn't cook twice, one time for your daughter and one time for your other daughters. she decided to be vegan, you can support her decision but you mustn't do everything.

jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/special-diets/vegan/
I love almost everything from him because im a blended fanboy, but you can get very much inspiration at least from there.

How do vegans get vitamin B12?

They have to go out of their way to get it from fortified foods, or take supplements. Human beings can't naturally survive on a vegan diet.

I know right; what's with the random and unrelated "but she's pretty cute"