Where was Veeky Forums when people started seriously quoting from Harry Potter?

Where was Veeky Forums when people started seriously quoting from Harry Potter?

I read pic related today. It was like the literary equivalent of when kids today don't know what a VHS/Floppy Disk are.

Context.

>As was said in Harry Potter

I hope I'm dead before people start seriously quoting from ASOIAF/etc.

Is it ever ok for someone to use a quote as their argument?

>33,443 likes

Did pic related like it 33,443 times?

>before

I've got news for you. I've had people quote Tyrion/etc in my politics lectures.

Why do you actively seek out things on social media to get outraged about?

And what pathology is it when you need others to agree with you online and validate your opinion? Why do you need that?

Stop shitting up this board with Harry Potter threads and 'look how dumb this person is on facebook xD'-tier thread

>I've had people threaten to kill me.

Believable, and justifiable.

>I've had people threaten to rape my children.

Clearly bullshitting.

>All that straw-grasping with 'great' and 'deserved'

Good god, does context mean nothing to these people? It's like they're doing all in their power to sanitise

Just kys now, my man. It's not too late.

What I don't get is why you treat what the guy said as a lie

>Where was Veeky Forums when people started seriously quoting from Harry Potter?

This thread.

What a victim-blaming shitlord.

How much of a nu-male would you have to be to agree with that shit?

>Every single citizen of a nation is wholly responsible for the actions of their government(s), and deserve any/all consequences for governmental actions
>Using the Royal We to conflate citizenry and government
>Holding people responsible for the sins of their fathers

I imagine they'd be very fond of babby's first War of the Roses caricature.

This is literally how american politics operates though. Everything is by the will of the people and real Americans, it's called a democracy and my parents and grandparents didn't fight and die for some millennial internet intellectual to spit on their graves.

:(

and yet somehow american society is one of the most individualistic and divided on earth

Not blaming family members and neighbors for someone's misdeeds is an Enlightenment thing, and the Enlightenment is over. Collective punishment is the natural order of things.

>Democracy means the government and citizenry are one

I want to tell her that she needs to kill herself and call her a pig as well as a horrible excuse for a human for quoting J.K Rowling desu

Seems like a good quote to use for normal people. Everyone understands Voldemort's story and can therefore put more value on that quote rather than others.

>Offering her the option of suicide

Normal people should be able to understand that the word 'great' has multiple meanings, and that there is no real complexity involved in being able to distinguish them.

What is the Original Sin?

You can thank these cunts.

the humans of new york makes me wnna kill myself
why do ppl like that garbage

>It was like the literary equivalent of when kids today don't know what a VHS/Floppy Disk are.
That's a terrible comparison.

>be the president
>sitting alone with Hil in the conference room
>alone because everyone else left, meeting over
>you tell Hil to wait up
>top secret matters to discuss
>whip out dick because youre the fuckin' president
>tfw dick so big and black she got them crazy eyes

No wonder Hillary's so fucking insane.

>Every single citizen of a nation is wholly responsible for the actions of their government(s), and deserve any/all consequences for governmental actions
This is a justifiable assertion when said government is formed through popular election and said citizens do nothing to stop their government from doing evil.
Again, a republic is a government of the citizenry.
This is justifiable if the sins of the fathers haven't been cleansed (so to speak) and the sons are cashing in on them.

Where's your argument? "Oh I don't like this feel" isn't an argument.

GUYS!
DON'T BE MEAN GUYS!
AS A STRONG WOMAN, I CAN'T DEAL WITH ANYTHING NEGATIVE WHATSOEVER!
STOP BEING

MEAN!

>victim-blaming shitlord
>nu-male
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/

Same. It actually makes me angry to read through any of the posts, but I can't exactly put my finger on why. Because of the oh so quirky bullshit? Because it implies that people in New York are the only ones to have lead somewhat odd lives? Other reasons?

>USA
>democracy

Well your suicide is overdue

Yeah that man is fucking everywhere f4m

Grats on baiting all these guys