What are some great books about previous U.S. Presidents...

What are some great books about previous U.S. Presidents? I'm trying to find one on Reagan and want to read one more objective than subjective.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_influence_on_public_opinion
books.google.de/books?id=Th4zzrzcE2kC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=bookpublishing cia&source=bl&ots=ZSZWN945vD&sig=W-MlkUAZKOYmbDp9SFLRtTkIgEs&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=bookpublishing cia&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Books about american presidents or policy are uber propaganda tier. If you want to read about it regardless be sure to navigate the waters well and avoid books coming straight from the state department(do i have to mention that they won't mention this?) which will inevitable tell you how great any US president was, and if not how pressured they were, how they made the best of what they had and how they were overall good even though they might have had "some" faults. Your naive objective of finding one "more objective than subjective" - whatever that means - are therefore bound to fail unless you know what to look for.

I recommend doing due diligence and looking up his policies one by one while soberly looking up every little fact until you are convinced you AT LEAST know how you feel about /that policy/. It will still take you less time and feel better upon completion than taking X book and hoping it somehow will be "the true story".

I should also probably mention that Wikipedia is also controlled and regularly visited by the CIA and other three-letter-agencies, Hitler wasn't a bad person, and there /is/ a war going on for your mind. So due diligence is required also here. Stay awake. Good luck.

I see your point, but what does Hitler have to do with this?

No One Left to Lie To - Christopher hitchens

Oh, that was just a point i made to try to instill the idea in you that a lot of what we take as "givens" are not in fact, givens.

I should probably also mention that of course the cia and other 3 letter agencies are not the only boogeymen on this planet. You also have Israel, the Pentagon, etc etc to worry about.

Pop "intellectual" sanctioned by the government. He will tell a lot of truths and more half-truths, he will omit the really juicy bits, be typically american biased and everything will be underscored with a Hollywood theme song. But of course, you could go a lot worse.

*juicy/important

Yes, because regimes do not try to control the opinions of the populace. Here in America we believe in Democracy! That's why we can intern people forever with no courts because of "national security reasons" and why we support & prop up dictators around the world!

et al
with this shit

>there is an overarching conspiracy that is iron clad in its ranks, and only suspected by patricians tinfoil-hat neckbeards

That was really weak. Can't you at least try to give arguments instead of pointing and laughing like a child would? /Why/ am i wrong?

>there is an overarching conspiracy that is iron clad in its ranks, and only suspected by patricians tinfoil-hat neckbeards
>there are unicorns

These two are equally believable. I don't have to prove why you are wrong, you made the statement that ABC agencies are somehow more competent than the rest of humankind and are in fact pulling the strings. Show me evidence that human agency is controlled by lizardmen or the Bilderberg group or jews and not by good old fashioned greed, malice and stupidity.

>In 2005, Davignon discussed accusations of the group striving for a one-world government with the BBC: "It is unavoidable and it doesn't matter. There will always be people who believe in conspiracies but things happen in a much more incoherent fashion. … When people say this is a secret government of the world I say that if we were a secret government of the world we should be bloody ashamed of ourselves."

>>/pol/

MODS

This is a worthwhile thread but kindly
DO SOME PRUNING

I will just back up my claims and ignore your craziness about lizards.

>Books about american presidents or policy are uber propaganda tier.
>I should also probably mention that Wikipedia is also controlled and regularly visited by the CIA and other three-letter-agencies

I can't find the link now but i did read ON WIKIPEDIA how they had to block Langley Ip's because they kept meddling with foreign policy articles. Iv'e also read other articles about this. Do you think it is strange that an agency of which much of it's mandate is to conduct psyops does in fact what it's made to do? Have you really never read any articles about how the CIA regularly engages in opinion-making and changing before?? This is really not a secret although you will never hear CNN having a long, honest report on it. I wonder why.

There's a literal trove of evidence and information out there, but here is something to get you started:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_influence_on_public_opinion

Are the agency here editing as well? You betcha. They will not attempt to lie too much about things that there are an overwhelming amount of evidence for, but they will try to make it look like this is all in the past and for some magical reason we have stopped now.

You could also just google CIA psy-op and read for half an hour. The CIA has and is in bookpublishing, news, magazines and all kinds of media. The proof is one google search away on the first page: for example: CIA bookpublishing netted me this(second result): books.google.de/books?id=Th4zzrzcE2kC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=bookpublishing cia&source=bl&ots=ZSZWN945vD&sig=W-MlkUAZKOYmbDp9SFLRtTkIgEs&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=bookpublishing cia&f=false

The only good presidents were Jefferson and Coolidge. Everyone else is a legitimate meme or whilst being "badass" were terrible for the nation.

Jefferson is my personal hero and Coolidge was nicknamed "Silent Cal" which I personally think is what politicians needs to do nowadays: shut the fuck up.

>Jefferson

>Dat second term where he spilled his spaghetti everywhere

Fucking kek

top juj

>the term where he doubled America's land mass overnight
>the term where he crusaded against niggers
>the life where he brought macaroni and cheese to America

fuck off back to /pol/ immediately.

>There is even an argument about who was the greatest president

If you disagree you're most likely a butthurt Rothschild

I don't go to /pol/, I just like Coolidge and Jefferson.

He was right about banks.

This isn't your safe space pal, you're going to have to get used to the fact that wayciss people exist.

I find Ronald Reagan really erotic for some reason. My dick goes hard just thinking of the old Gipper brutally pounding my asshole as I lean against the Oval Office desk. He also likes it when I call him Daddy.

Out of Control by Leslie Cockburn would be a good book on Reagan OP

Not looking for a safe space, just discussion relevant to literature
Back to your fearbox with you

>implying a Hamiltonian national bank is bad

How about you take the real red-pill and actually read Hamiltons Report on a National Bank and Report on Manufactures.

Jackson destroyed the foundations of American political economy.

It is no surprise this site Veeky Forums is known as 'the hate machine of the Internet'. This is not a safe space, no place for PC leftist crybaby whining and tumblr privilege checks. Veeky Forums is the opposite of a safe space, a Danger Space. truths and redpills reign over this land, and no matter how 'triggered' you get we ain't going away.

Then read Jefferson's books.

>tfw All U.S. presidents have been puppets of capital and faux democratic bourgeoisie state

My man would win in a fight.

You're just gonna need to read a bunch of different sources and then decide for yourself. I don't need to tell you that the search for 'objectivity' is fruitless, but it is especially so in politics - and particularly in economics, and thats because no one truly really understands it, even in hindsight. For example, Reagan's first term international borrowing had the desired effect of decreasing inflation, but it ended up falling waaaay faster than anyone anticipated and this what led to higher interest rates and higher homelessness etc. To this day no one really understands why inflation fell as fast as it did, the factors are human and therefore mostly beyond our ability to categorise them - so you're not gonna find any objectivity in that department.

Results are 'objective' but causes are largely subjective, thats the way I approach a lot of political writing.