Addicted to buying books. What to do?

Addicted to buying books. What to do?

Goddamn I'm in the same boat. People who haven't seen my piles tell me its healthier than other addictions, but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and I don't think I can stop.

Buy more

i bought 24 books this past week, i tell myself im going to stop for a while everytime

The thing is I started with cheap 1$ used books for my library, then started replacing my books with better versions and getting rid of books I didn't enjoy. Right now I own a shitton of books, lots of HCs, of authors I approve of, but the quest never seems to end. And now I justrealized I spent about 500$ on various books this last month, among these a single one costed me 100$ by itself because it's lined with real gold and shit.

But at the same time I know I'll stick to the same authors and probably won't have to spend as much when my library will be at its A game.

Read them, you stupid fucks.

Cut off your right hand.

get kobo,
pirate

I do obviously.
Wouldn't solve much thing, credit and debit cards can do without.nowadays.

No, you don't.
You pose with them like women with sports cars.
You will die having contributed nothing of value to anything. No great work, no masterpiece... anyway, you'd just be happy if those cool people liked your Instacunt picture and followed your Tumbl blog, wouldn't you?

End yourself or find your way back to your marketing job, cunt.

are you me? just dropped $200 on books today, almost maxed out the credit card haha kill me

Goodwill. Your addiction will only cost you at most $2 per book. And they may not have any books you're interested in at the particular time you decide to go. So an external control on your spending.

just don't buy books.
but you buy books because they're a status symbol and you exist in a late capitalist society.

Try doing this next time

so am i
buy more books
also make sure you actually read them you pseud

buy one
read it entirely
buy another one
read it
ad infinitum

works for me

>Wouldn't solve much thing

It's a figure of speech. What he really means is to rid yourself of this vice by any means necessary. I suggest gouging your eyes.

Volunteer to sort donated books at your local library. Do that once a week for a few months and you will be completely cured. Not kidding.

I don't have those social platforms, I have only two friends, I don't feel like writing books (I'd rather study something useful instead.)

It's a shame you can't check your validated insults list with me though, a real shame.

Ah, but what happens when one of the books is too terrible to continue reading? Then you have this awful wait between books. Gotta have the next one already in your possession. But then, that's how my hoarding began so don't listen to me.

I like buying books but I've very strict with what I buy. Mostly canonical works, nice hardcovers, authors I know I like, etc. I don't venture out too much... but there is so many great books to buy I still purchase a lot.

Now I'm getting into philosophy, so I'm going to have a shelf dedicated to that soon as well.

Every time you buy a book, give two away.