My doctor gave me one of these the other day...

My doctor gave me one of these the other day, and it strikes me that a lot of the foods I eat that I think of as "healthy" are in some of the outer regions. Thoughts?

>Thoughts?

There are many competing theories as to what foods are healty and which ones are not. It's hardly surprising that one chart would disagree with another.

There is no solid answer here, only gray areas. You will never find a chart like this which everyone will agree on.

looks like it's based on nutrients to calorie ratios, e.g. fruit juices are relatively high in sugar content and low in fibre, etc., compared to the fruits themselves.

there's also mad things like wild game being in the centre and the claim that organic is always better than 'non-organic'

>Label the tiers directly
>Include a legend anyway
This chart was not made by competent people. Which isn't to say it's entirely wrong, but I wouldn't trust it over my own judgement.

Heavily processed foods tend to be bad. Eat plenty of varied vegetables. Don't eat too much, especially if you're fat. That will mean you're eating healthier than 90% of the population.

The thing about organic food being inherently healthier was the thing I found strange.
I mean, sure, it doesn't have pesticides, but the nutrient content isn't inherently better, is it?

>free range eggs
>organic free range eggs

Organic food DOES have pesticides, it's just a different list of them than get used on "traditional" produce.

>sprouted bread

Some cunts 'aving a giraffe 'ere guvnor.

why does it specify "steel cut oats" as if they are healthier than rolled oats

You know nothing about the process organic farmers use to control pests or why they do it that way. Pyrethrin, an indiscriminate insecticide, is authorized for use, but only used for unusually large infestations because it negatively impacts normal control methods. Also, they breakdown into harmless substances after relatively short exposure to sunlight. I've already posted a lengthy explanation twice in the last week to counteract this kind of imbecilic misinformation.

No, the vast majority of organic crops do not contain residual insecticides.

actually it specifies both in the same category, implying they are equally healthy

>Fatty cuts of beef
>Poor

Into the trash it goes.

They have a lower glycemic index than rolled and instant oatmeal, so I guess there's that. Slower to metabolize, longer energy effect. Nutritionally, I think they're about the same though. I think they taste better, but you need to have the patience to cook them. That chart is mildly retarded anyway.

Fatty cuts of any meat or poultry can be a great source of calories if you cut off the fat (pork, beef, lamb) or remove the skin (poultry).

Where you might be fucked (calorie-wise) is with cuts with a lot of marbling. Yeah, it's pretty but you're being ripped of health-wise.

steel cuts and rolled oats are nutritionally identical. they are just processed differently, which is why steel cuts take longer to cook. the only difference is texture preference

most people think it's that greasy burger that is bad for you, but really the fries and large soda are worse.

>greasy burger

I think the real problem with fast food burger patties is the fat from the grill.

That fat just stays there and lingers back on to the ground beef. It doesn't make those patties leaner, possibly adding to them if there's any old fat.

I think steel-cut oats have a nice nutty taste, too.

> noni fruit best

I've literally never seen a noni fruit for sale.
Just the multilevel marking drink people try to push

yeah its the soda, the fries, the bun and the mayonnaise that carry the calorie load. Cut out the soda and fries and you'll stay within a decent calorie range. Use lettuce instead of bread and hold the mayo if you're going no-carb/keto

Why is that diagram lacking the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich?