Has anyone had any experience whith mochi?

Has anyone had any experience whith mochi?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/science/microwave/plants.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. No one in the entire world

I had one once w/ my nip step mother. It was ok

My girlfriend makes it occasionally

It's not bad or good. It's mochi

How do you make it the non-traditional way? I've only ever made it during a study abroad.

Or does she actually have one of those big wooden hammers and she gets you turn it while she pounds a way

Asians desserts are so fucking vile.

whats the point of this thread? what do you mean by experience? it's a very common food available all over the place.

I make my own mochi ice cream, it's super easy and tastes great

looking at that thumbnail i though this was another uncooked chicken thread
forgive me, I'm very colorblind

glutinous rice flour, water and sugar. microwave or steam it. it's the easiest fucking thing to make, just fucking youtube it christ.

>Using a microwave for anything other than heating up soup

Whats the point in taking the time to make something if its just going to taste like shit

I have no idea how she does it, some sort of Asian magic. I've never actually watched her do it

wat about coffee. nly regular use my microwave gets

It's not the same as Japanese mochi but butter mochi is delicious, and really easy to make.

not him but first off
>or steam it
and second off why the fuck would putting something in the microwave automatically make it taste like shit? All you need to do to cook mochi is to heat it up a bit, and a microwave does that just fine. It's not like you want the cooking method to add any flavor when you're making fucking mochi

The microwave is pretty handy for baking potatoes, in fact.

Shoots Brah! My friend is a butter mochi addit.

Nochi.

why the heck americans insist on calling daifuku mochi

light rice pastry filled with anko, fruit or some cream, like op's pic = daifuku

chewy rice cake that you grill and eat with soy sauce or on ozoni soup for new year = mochi

if you want to make daifuku it's easy as fuck as long as you have shiratamako

mochi requires a dedicated machine or pounding rice with a bigass mallet for hours

I've made dango which is, as far as I know, the shit around the outside of it. It tastes good, and is easy and cheap to make. It's also easy to fuck with. I've made green tea, horchata, pomegranate, and blueberry dango.

Because winning World War 2 wins you certain privileges.

some of these microwave memes really make me laugh

>microwave changes the water molecules in your food, making it taste different
>microwave puts harmful radiation in your food
>water boiled in the microwave tastes different than water boiled on a stove
>microwaves record the food you put in them and send the information to the government for tracking purposes

>winning wins you things.
I tend to agree, user.

I love mochi but it has so many calories guhhh

>nip step mother

Do you guys fug and NTR your father when he stays out late for work? That's like a scenario out of a doujin and you seem to be living it

>implying anyone but us won WWII
dumb goyim

yes. here in japan we have it all the time, but my wife's son is half african and doesn't like it so much.

mochi candy is not very good
very chewy and chalky and not that flavorful

mochi ice cream is good though

daifukumochi

>microwaves record the food you put in them and send the information to the government for tracking purposes

Welcome to the internet of things!

XD

Is it true the Japanese government sends out warnings every year because a bunch of people choke to death on this stuff?

And is that why Japanese people say "mochi mochi" when they pick up the phone, to let the caller know they love mochi but aren't choking on it?

It's it pronounced "mock-e" or "mow-chi"?

The latter.

tanks

that's one rank egg

I actually made some from scratch once. Classic red bean filling. The filling took for fucking ever but it's delicious. Could put it in any dessert. The actual mochi dough was pretty easy but hard as balls to roll out properly. I ate them warm and the texture was kind of off. I liked them better after I let them chill on the fridge. Mite make some more sometime since I still have the ingredients laying around.

Yes. It's essentially playdough napalm.
Don't skimp on the flour.
It WILL stick to your hand and it WILL hurt.

"

Here is a Science fair project presented by a girl in a secondary school in Sussex . In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference, after the experiment which was repeated by her class mates a number of times and had the same result.

It has been known for some years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, it’s how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it.

Microwaves don’t work different ways on different substances. Whatever you put into the microwave suffers the same destructive process. Microwaves agitate the molecules to move faster and faster. This movement causes friction which denatures the original make-up of the substance. It results in destroyed vitamins, minerals, proteins and generates the new stuff called radiolytic compounds, things that are not found in nature.

So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these ‘Safe’ appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed him when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it’s safe. But proof is in the pictures of living plants dying!
"

i've had mochi in japan, it sucks ass...just don't even bother man, even natto is a million times more tasty

snopes.com/science/microwave/plants.asp

TOPKEK

i mean
it's obviously BS and everyone with even a cursory understanding of 5th grade science would be able to identify such
but the fact these memes still get reposted is both stunning bordering appalling, yet hilarious to me

Rolling donkeys are better

Daifuku > Mochi

yes, there is warning for new year which is season for mochi eating

but people that dies is mostly very old person, they cant chew the mochi which causes it to be swallowed entirely with choking consequences

It's like taking an uncooked pillsbury dinner roll, wrapping it around sub-par ice cream, and pretending that a disgusting raw dough ball is haute cuisine

try the vanilla mochi ice cream kind at your local asian market

I bought some of the rice used to make it but never got around to trying trying it yet since I can't find any azuki beans.

I'll bite
daifuku consists of mochi, so what do you mean?

What a very interesting thread!

Lol are you a real nip?

nigger, stop posting these shitty "alternative medicine" quackeries.

Mochi mochi! Ohayo gozaimasu! O genki desu ka?