What does Veeky Forums think about sushi burritos?

What does Veeky Forums think about sushi burritos?

What's the wrap made of?

Nori I guess

Ive had it, tastes like cheap sushi but actually feels like a meal at a lower cost than the equivalent amount of cheap sushi so its cool as far as Im concerned.

Cute.

What did he mean by this

Interesting. Where do you live?

Just outside of LA

I live just outside of LA too, in Detroit.

We have a couple of places here in Vegas - there are different options. You can get it in a tortilla, nori, or a rice paper wrap.

I haven't had one yet though, so I don't have an opinion yet. Maybe I'll try this week, but isn't it just essentially a differently packaged hand roll when it comes in nori form? I'm missing any differences.

Got a sushi burrito at AnimeExpo because it sounded alright. I got an overpriced roll of sushi. I really don't know what I expected but that's what you get.

Its just an overstuffed, oversized American maki roll

I live in the inland empire. What's the best place for a sushi burrito in/near LA?

I dont know about the best, Ive only had Samurai in Huntington Beach. Its was good but I wouldnt drive from IE for it. The Jogasaki and Bobarrito food trucks seem pretty popular as well and they might go to IE from time to time.

the manifestation of white bullshit

You're just angry because you're getting deported soon.

fuck off racist

had one at Pokirito in San Diego. sucked ass. the nori got soggy and the whole damn thing fell apart. Nori is not good burrito making material.

nick?

Soy paper usually

Pokirito was a huge disappointment. I was hearing good reviews about their Sushi Burrito, too. Tried it, was completely unimpressed.

On topic: I haven't had one that's really impressed me. It just feels way too dense and made me realize I'd much rather be eating sashimi rather than a pound of rice.

Some super sauce white bullshit that attempts to cash in on another culture by over saucing it using crap ingredient because they can't be assed to make it correctly since it would be slightly expensive

I've seen this shit. Really now, be honest, any fucking "--burrito" is just YOU PUTTING THE FUCKING MEAL IN A BURRITO

I can put literally *any* meal into a burrito if I try hard enough, goddamn.

>Leaving the tail on in a wrap.

I know it may look aesthetic but what a pain in the ass to eat.

Why not just a hand roll?

Personally I haven't had one. Seems like typical sushi flavors, but in large portions this time. It's progressive but seems to defy what ordinary sushi is all about. Instead of getting tasteful bites of different flavors, textures, and colors, you now get a big ol' supersized sushi roll - something you could fill up on and not just sample bite by bite. I'm not against it. I would eat it. It is, however, a bastard child.

Why add another shittier layer to sushi? Didn't tempura solve this desire?

Looks like variation of onigirazu to me, especially if it's wrapped in nori.

Is there something about this format that's supposed to make sushi better? Why not just get normal sushi?

Where in the IE?

they're a good change. Had Jaburittos before they switched to soho, across from palace station... still good though.

They tend to be more experimental than sushi is. Have an open mind with them.

My aunt used to make this sandwich-like sushi thing called oshizushi. It's like an open-faced sandwich. There's a place near me that does oshizushi with two layers of rice instead of just one and wraps the whole square in nori. They call it sandwich sushi.
It's pretty good, IMO.
I've not had it in burrito form before, but I imagine it's similar, so I'd probably like it.
And weren't the first sushi types made in Japan meant to be eaten like burritos anyway?

I mean, it's brought to you by the assholes at Raki Raki...

Literally just a big hand roll

Fucking hipsters I swear

Sushi is meant to be served in small portions.
Not some ridiculous novelty food meme.

sushi what?

so... it's just really big sushi?

Imagine one of those huge Americanized sushi rolls, but stuck inside a tortilla wrap.

Neither bear much resemblance to actual nigiri sushi, but they can be good on their own merits.

Can't wait for the deportations to start.

Theres no tortilla involved.

While not entirely on topic, I have a funny story about sushi burritos

My friend worked for a pretty famous company who partnered with a company that makes sushi burritos. They had some of the sushi burritos in the office so he tried some, but it apparently tasted nasty, so he took a picture of himself eating the burrito with the company name on his shirt and in the background plastered on the wall, using # whatever company it was and posting it on Instagram, saying how nasty it was. I guess the sushirito company searched their own name and found his picture, contacted his office and he was fired 30 minutes within posting the picture

So I guess they're pretty gross but I've never had one.

I think that we have strayed too far from God's light

Why not just a regular roll, just not cut?

Proof that Americans eat sushi with their hands.

Sushi was originally made to eat with your hands.

They're fine. Had them a few times out here in Philly.

They're really filling and you get some of the flavors and textures of sushi, but you obviously lose a lot of the things that makes sushi unique and not just "raw fish on rice."

THIS IS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION AT ITS WORST

I think sushi is a fad that is only sticking around in the united states because white people like the combination of soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi, and sushi is an excuse to use them.

It's not considered rude in Japan. Dried seaweed is like bread there.

I'm not sure if this applies for those fish ones with the rice base, though.

I think just as much of sushi burritos as I did of your mom's sex tape.
Nothing personnel kid. Better luck next time, kid.

I like you! :^)

>sushi is a fad because people like how it tastes

Looks like a good excuse to eat lots of sushi rice in one sitting. Put in poke filling for maximum memeage.

Get fucked mudskin

they don't like how sushi tastes, because it barely tastes like anything. They like how soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger taste, and sushi is a socially acceptable substrate for consuming them

Heretic

As someone who eats sushi, I pretty much agree with you.

It's basically the chicken nugget of hipsters

I like you too user =)

But really though, those college kids trying to outlaw sushi >.>

What makes it a burrito? Everytime I see one of these things it just looks like a big roll of sushi.

I fucking hate fusion cuisine.
If i want to eat a burrito, i'll eat a burrito, if i want sushi, i'll get sushi, if i want both I'll get both separately
Really captures the spirit of multiculturalism, take 2 separate and distinct things and water them down to a mess that loses any distinct features either had previously.

Why do westerners eat sushi with chop sticks? Haven't they figured out you can just pick them up?

t. Diego

this

all multiculti shit is text book regression to the mean.

what's the "t. xxxxxxx" thing? Pretty sure you replied to one of my posts with this earlier today.

Retard frogposter.

I'm asian and I eat rolls with chopsticks because the seaweed is oily and leaves a residue on my fingers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to use your hands.

Eating with your hands is kind of gross, kouhai.

lurk more

it's some cancerous Scandanavian jibberish.

Finntards are not Scandifags

google yields results

It comes from Finnish memeboards.
Basically, "t." is short for "terveisin" or "terkkuja" which translates to "greetings" or "yours truly". As if ending a letter or a postcard.
So "t. Swaglord" means essentially "Greetings (from) Swaglord."

pretty gay desu

Just a friendly tip. If you ever see a usage or phrase repeatedly used in different posts that you don't understand, never ask what it means; you will never be told and will most likely be made fun of. Just file it away and over time you'll come to understand the meaning thru contextual association.

It's just an initiation ritual all newfags must tolerate to become a member in such an exalted order.

profound autism

He got decent responses though. This board is weird.

I'm not even a newfag, I just don't visit /b/ anymore or any boards that are frequented by kids/teens. Obviously I should have googled first, since I found the answer pretty quickly, but I'm not so frail that I'm going to feel insulted by some faceless shmo on the angry autism website.

You should try washing your hands

>Just file it away

What does this mean?

keep it in mind; remember it

Remember when people used to actually lurk before posting

I member

Take a nail file and rub it on it until you can neither see nor remember it anymore.

I love sushi and this disgusts me. I'm not sure why.

I guess it brings up the idea of stuffing your face way too full with sushi. It just seems like the kind of food that's better in small bite sized pieces. In real life I'm sure it makes no difference but the pictures are off putting in a strange way.

What, you don't eat your shrimp tails? Even when they're fried like in the picture?

well, what would you put on sushi besides the seafood? everything else would stay the same.