I'm going to be in San Francisco for my birthday this year (in a couple of weeks)...

I'm going to be in San Francisco for my birthday this year (in a couple of weeks). What are some of the best restaurants to go to for such an occasion? I go to SF about 6 times a year, but I'm usually only there for a couple of days at the most, and it's all business, so I haven't had a chance to really explore. I'll have the whole day off on my birthday, so I can go and have lunch and dinner anywhere I like. Give me some awesome suggestions, pls, especially unusual places.

Other urls found in this thread:

trestlesf.com/
yelp.com/biz/house-of-prime-rib-san-francisco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Budget?

Any amount.
I always splurge on my birthday. But, that doesn't mean I necessarily have to go someplace that's over the top expensive, I just want to go somewhere enjoyable or fun, and eat really good food and have a good time.

5 guys on 7th street.

Piss off, m8

I live here but I'm a student so I don't eat at fancy places usually. Just a few of my favorite spots are

Little skillet
Aliotto's seafood
OTD
HRD cafe
25 Lusk
Yank sing

There is an insane amount of good food here

The tenderloin has lots of dining options, especially for dinner.

>the tenderloin

No thanks, I dont feel like getting robbed by a bunch of crack addicts sitting in lawn chairs on the street.

Taquira cancĂșn on market or the one in the mission

Tropisueno in the financial district, I've only gone for the dinner service though. They run as a taqueria during the day.

While not in San Francisco it's near. Go to a little place called The Gourmet Ghetto in Berkley.

>lawn chairs
I see tenderloin is on its way up since i was last there

State Bird Provisions is good.
But you have to get there at least 30 mins before they open to get a table

Al's Place ain't the worst.

If you don't mind a trip to south bay, Mountain View has a few half decent places.

The best restaurants are across the bay in Oakland

I also kinda liked Absinthe and all the places around it (except for the shitty italian joint across the street).

Half the places i saw in oakland where shut down by the health department

Dont be racist

Lazy Bear and Liholiho Yatch Club. Also House of Pancakes on Taraval.

>2014+3-1
>being racist

there is this really good place in south san francisco called bertoluccis. it was one of the best restaurants i have ever been to. the service and food is excellent. its an italian place

Ignore all other posts, including the one I made earlierWhat you do is go to Flavas Jamaican grill in south sf and get the jerked oxtail. That is my passion right there

You be racist against chinese, shitlord
>implying oakland is black anymore

OVERRATED.

I was actually considering Liholiho YC. Like I said, I want to treat myself to both lunch and dinner, which is why I'm having a hard time deciding on where to go. I'm still open to all suggestions!

Thanks for the helpful post

Lol I was born and raised in SF and overall this is the worst recommendation list i have ever seen.

...dont listen to these assholes. Stick to yelp.

Eric's Restaurant on Church St is my personal favorite.

It's upscale "smart" Cantonese. Get the walnut prawns. They come in an edible weave basket, and are to die for. I haven't had them in 6 years and I still remember the taste.

what do you recommend?
besides shitposting

Trestle is really good and cost effective. You could probably get a reservation this far in advance.

trestlesf.com/

can't wait for Mike Pence to nuke that faggot city 2 the ground senpai. will take note of this thread to get some good eats b4 he does it tho

used to live there. lots of good cheap spots.

Yamo (mission district)
R & G Lounge (chinatown)
Mission Taqueria (mission district)
Sang Tung (outer sunset)
Ikes (Castro)
Bi rite ice cream (mission district)
Gordos (sunset district)

if youre into craft beer hit up the Mikkeller bar.

house of prime rib
yelp.com/biz/house-of-prime-rib-san-francisco
its lit

>Deli Board (SoMa)
>walk into a random store in chinatown for cheap buns/chow main
>Taqueria Cancun (mission)
>Super Duper Burger - local chain, several location

my mema used to live in persidio heights and would bring us to rainforest cafe. Pls go and send me pics.

wherever you go, always order some Rice-a-Roni

it's a San Francisco treat

cocobang! pay in cash and they give you 10% off haha.

Mymy Cafe for brunch, they work some magic with hashbrowns.

Starbelly in the castro for good fancy food at realistic prices.

Co Nam for some sick ass vietnamese fusion stuff.

House of prime rib of course.

El Farolito in the mission.

Yea deli board and Ikes are legit. Although ikes will always get your order slightly wrong but you don't give a fuck because it's good anyway.

Also taqueria cancun is imo slightly below el farolito.

Yea chop bar and homeroom are super good.

i vouch for el farolito
and was pretty good

super down with >House of prime rib
not because the food was spectacular ( it was p good) but because I saw the most awkward date I have ever seen there

Whatever happened to predictability?

Could have been me and my girlfriend. We had a pretty awkward date there about a year and a half ago. I like the food, but I also like the old vibe. The red leather seating. 60 year old waitresses. The meat cart the chef pushes around. The place has alot of pageantry. It's infectious.

>Could have been me and my girlfriend. We had a pretty awkward date there about a year and ago

well it was about a year and a half ago.
This guy looked like an amish meets big city guy while his gf looked like a trophy wife.

they didn't speak much and she had her phone on the table the entire time. He would try to read her texts upside-down but was bad at it so he would just end up starring at her phone for a very long time. she would notice and laugh at him. repeat.

the pageantry is a great descriptive term for this place.

Wasn't us then. That does sound awkward though.

>bi rite
>cheap

just make sure to get pho and dim sum

>gordos
My man.

pier 39 hooters. the columbian red head is my sister.

Check out Anthony Bourdain's SF episode of Parts Unknown on Netflix, I think it's the newest season, nearly every place he goes is killer

Get the rainbow salad at Burma Superstar

I've been there once. There was a Dim Sum restaurant in I think the business district that was pretty good and was recommended to us. Forgot the name, but it was in this strip-mall like area.