What are some examples of white people discovering a food...

What are some examples of white people discovering a food, raising the price enormously since they discovered a use for it, and then the price returning to a reasonable level after when they've moved on

Only thing I can think of is wings to a point. Avocados are still dumb expensive for what they are but lots of things like fish sauce, ox tails, and collard greens are on a steady rise

wings barely recovered.

shellfish never recovered.

Fuck collard greens are getting more expensive? I love those things. Guess I'm switching to mustard greens until those become the next big thing

Wings will never recover

They never will because of people pretending dry ass breast meat are boneless wings

Shellfish? Since when did white people just discover shellfish? What the actual fuck?

Wings are shit tier food and americans only have themselves to blame for them becoming popular

Quinoa

Every culture besides white people figured out how to use them for more than just stock centuries ago

Shellfish hasn't just been discovered, but in terms of it's culinary history it's only been considered a "delicacy" or something worth paying a lot for in more modern history, in the old days it was considered garbage food for peasants

I fucking love avocados but holy shit they're pricey here.

Also I don't know where the fuck my local store has been getting them from but they've been tasting like shit

>That one time I read a cracked article about lobster in boston when it was a colony defines the entire history of shellfish in the world

just to name some things that haven't been already:
meat bones (marrow, bone broth)
chicken thighs
flank/skirt steak
coconut juice
ghee
brisket

I think Quinoa or something is now too expensive for the people who grow it to afford, causing a food shortage in that area

it's one of those types of things, but it might not actually be quinoa itself

Goji berry
Quinoa
Kale
Langosteen

Ox tail

Used to be super cheap at the spic joints (and it still is if you know where to look), but fucking hipsters started buying that shit up and prices shot up.

oxtail...fml prices have risen like 300% in 3 years here

That doesn't mean they should be up there with high quality foods that you'd want to eat regularly. They are still shit even if you deep fry them and bathe them in a disgusting hfcs based sauce

F-fish sauce prices are rising? Please no.

Fish is getting more expensive for a variety of reasons, not the least of which many of the worlds fishing stocks are almost depleted from decades of overfishing.

Fourthing Ox-Tail. The Ox-Tail meme started with cook shows like No Reservations talking about the shit chefs eat, like there is some kind of secret chef only menu. As a result, hipsters started to buy into Ox-Tail and what was the cheapest piece on the animal has become a premium cut

SUSHI

Avocado
Offal
Ox tail
Quinoa
Salmon
Wild game
Mutton
Shellfish
'Exotic' apple variteties
Wild mushrooms and berried (not because of price but because hipsters invade my woods)

Skirt steak. Used to be I couldn't even by it in my regular grocery store. I had to go to the Barrio Carniceria, and I could by it for $1.99 a pound. Now that shit is $5.99 to $6.99 because every hipster thinks they can cook like a taco truck.

What are examples of stupid people not understanding how pricing/economy works? Your post.

Pretty much all the off-cuts on a cow are only a buck or so less than goddamn ribeye now. At the grocery store near my house, flank steak is like $6.50/lb. It's fuckin' stupid, and the end result is I only buy chuck roasts or ribeye/tbones when they go on sale.

Thank god bone-in chicken thighs are still cheap, it's getting chilly and they roast up so well.

>tfw grew up in the NW highlands of Scotland.
>Economy based on shellfish, prawns and lobster fishing

Free shellfish for life, whenever I go home.

>Nearby Asian market got turned into tourist trap
>Have to maneuver between hundreds of people to go inside
>Prices shot through the fucking roof
.there is a hip-hop dancer dressed as Mickey mouse going around and taking pictures with kids

And you know what the best part is? All the morons that go there eat the shitty overpriced food and laugh at how wierd everything is but they don't buy the fresh fish and they don't touch any of the sauces/ spices/ etc but I still have to pay more for them

I thought that was due to the cost of beef.

I agree the price is getting ridiculous but good wings are the shit.

Pomegranates are still in the process getting owned like this ATM aren't they?

I wonder what's next

AVA-CADOS FROM MEX-I-COO and those commercials of those ladies wearing avacado garments are most likely to blame for this.

I hadn't seen a commercial for them at all before 2015-2016

Even the shittiest wing places don't use hfcs sauces

>wings
>broth
>shellfish
>ox tail
>Offal

What? Maybe in the USA, but here in the Mediterranean (In Nice) they're cheap as fuck?
Prices rised a bit due to inflation but unlike meme-superfood-of-the-month Avocado/Goji pretty much everything in this thread never rose in price?

>Kale
That's a bloody staple grown en masse

What the fuck are you guys talking about?
Only thing that actually rose was wild game (because of lack of hunting ground and laws), wild berries and mushrooms, and wild fish (especially when farmed fish hit and the "MUH FISH FEELINGS" crowd got word of it).

>Hipsters cook a recipe more than once so they can feel "ethnic" and then just order Dominoes to go with their weed and beer.

>>>white

Pomegranates were never cheap where I live. $2.50 a pop to buy one worth eating, or a dollar each for small ones full of flavorless white nothings.