Post em + any true 5 star books you have stumbled upon

Post em + any true 5 star books you have stumbled upon.

Also Goodreads general.

24/45 books down for me

idk if you mean post profiles or just talk about gr...

I gave two books four stars this year, The Ship of Fools by Sebastian Brant and Ava by Carole Maso

>ava by carole maso

fug, saw that in a used bookstore recently but went back the other day and someone already bought it.

So far Ulysses by Joyce and Silence by Endo were the highlights of this year. But really had fun with the Greeks too. Also Braudels Structures, can't wait to get to the next one in the trilogy.

>teacher says no paper is perfect so he never gives out a 100%
i give every book I like a 4

I gave 11 of these books 5 stars. I don't really care for the rating system.

>quantity matters

lmao

4/10 there. I've started so many books that I haven't finished.

same

24/50
Ficciones by Borges has been the only 5-star book so far.

>I read 10 minutes a day and shitpost for 4 hours and try to disguise it poorly

lmao

Was aiming for 50, which is about what I average. I really try to go for a book a week/4 books in a month (average to 50). I've been doing a lot of fucking around this year. First legit gf Caen around in January, traveled to Europe. I think I'm actually less fulfilled than I was before this stuff came about. Maybe it's common sense, but a girl fucking kills your alone time. I should really bitch. But anyway, to those of you dying for a girlfriend or whatever, at least enjoy the freedom you have. Trust me. I miss it.

That said, I have 18 down so far. So sad. Finished two since Sunday. Will finish one more. I'm gonna hit fifty. Gonna promise myself. I'll read some novellas at the end if I have to.

I've just created a goodreads account. Anything speacial I should know about it?

40/50 stopped reading for awhile (just restarted, going slower). Secretly hoping to hit 100

Threads don't count as books.

It's just fun to keep track of what you've read and what you want to read. That's all I use it for. And it's a decent way to look books up other than wiki. I don't use it "socially" or whatever. Just as an index/motivator,

same. you can't read when you're entertaining a woman 90% of the time

If you're not from an anglo country you can become a librarian easily.
Fiddle with the settings a bit. If you don't like receiving a shitton of mail, turn off the option etc

5s so far:
the temptation of st. antony
a collection of swift
street of crocodiles
confessions
letters of pliny the yonger

Does she not have hobbies of her own? I've read nearly 60 books this year and I'm married.

sup sebastian

Yup. Exactly. And excuse my typos. I meant to say shouldn't* bitch.

Have you come up with any solutions, user?

Mine paints (made me a few nice book-related things). But I don't have a room for her to do that in my apt. Whenever she's free, she's at my place. And she wants most of my attention while we're together. I wish she read a bit more. She's the read-30-min-before-bed type.

It does make sense that when she's over she'd want to be spending that time with you. I was thinking of it from a living together standpoint. Usually we're both off doing our own thing in whatever room.

I refused to set a goal because I know I would be more concerned about quantity and favour short books than worry about actually enjoying them. Am I the only one?

You're right.

Yeah, I'm still a student. Not ready to move in with a significant other yet. Maybe in a year or two.

No 5 Star book but Richard Powers's The Echo Maker came close.

add Veeky Forums folks, ignore top reviews

i'm on my way