How stop depression cycle

>fall into depression
>sleep on average of 15 hrs a day
>be too tired to cook
>be too depressed to go to restaurants
>end up eating mcdonalds or other shitty fast food at 1 am
>go back to sleep for another 15 hrs
>repeat for 2 weeks
I can feel my health degrading very quickly how do I stop this? I don't think I'm even strong enough to go to the store to eat healthy. I can't even shower without blacking out and my pantry/fridge is barren. I don't want to keep wasting away until it's fire enough to go to the ER, but I don't know how to stop it. Please help me Veeky Forums, how do I end this cycle?

Start lifting weights.
It's the only way.

what exactly has this post to do with Food & Cooking?

Alarm clock + Vitamin D3 + energy drink.

I have a similar issue, but it's more that I can control when I sleep. I sleep 7 o 8 hours, but it shifts forwards and backward constantly. I've been forcing myself to sleep with melatonin, with some success.

user, what you need is food that requires no thought or effort whatsoever. I recommend dried fruit, sliced ham, pickles, sauerkraut, canned vegetable soup that your miserable ass can eat cold out of the can, eggs boiled en masse and refrigerated, etc.

Realise that your depression is a MEDICAL problem. You may believe your actions, feelings, or thoughts need to change, but the reality is that you are physically sick and making yourself sicker by putting so much emphasis on the state of your soul.

*can't, of, etc

Because I've been eating shit garbage and don't know what to eat to make me not feel like shit garage

Follow the light of the pizza. Pizza stuffing is your salvation.

I've binge ate so much pizza over the last few months that I don't think I can eat pizza ever again

Eat fresh, eat close to nature, eat a little of whatever food you can even if it's "unhealthy". Your body will do the rest.

Don't eat the same foods every day of the week/month.

This I also go on long walks teh come back and eat a tonne

Hey user. I've suffered from depression most of my life, I'm now 30. I can't say I've found any cure, but I will say that it does help to try to break your habits and cycles. DRAAGGG yourself to the grocery store and get some good food. It's a form of the self-care. After you make yourself some nice food, you feel better because you got some good nutrients, and you feel better because you accomplished something. I'm not saying you'll feel MUCH better, but you'll be a step in the right direction.

Certainly try to eat healthy. I find eating a bunch of sugar is a pyrrhic victory. Instead try to eat well balanced meals of lean meats and veggies. If you want some sweets have a small chocolate after dinner or something.

Good luck and I hope you feel better. I know it is hard and you are not alone. :o)

How the fuck does one sleep for 15 hours???
You must have the comfiest bed on this planet.

Ride a bike

When I was really bad I slept like 12-13 hours per night. Not sure why but when you get into a funk it's surprising how much you can sleep.

That's the route of your problem - you have to make pizza great again

Take a fucking multivitamin to help with nutrition you fuck. Stop eating like shit and exercise it seriously helps you feel better, also stop drinking so much alcohol and go get checked for diabetes as the massive sleepiness is a sign of uncontrolled high blood sugar as well as depression.

Worst comes to worst get a $15 glucometer from walmart and buy a box of test strips for like $5 check your blood sugar, if you havent eaten all day and it is over 120 you definitely need to go to the doctor, if it is over 200+ at any point and you didnt JUST swig a 6 pack of mountain dew in the past 30 minutes, you need to go to a doctor in the next couple days and have them check you out for the beetus.

If it really is diabetes causing your sleepiness I bet your blood sugar is probably easily in the 300-400 range.

Antidepressants

really the only way is medication in the interim but if you can't bring yourself to the doctor you need to ask family for help. you have atypical depression since you still eat, most depressed people tend to not bother eating much at all.
diabetes is unlikely unless he's urinating frequently as well

Iktfb. Someone should really collate all this info into a "So You're Depressed" text dump.

Are you in college? Do you have money to spend on better food?
If you do not have money, it is imperative that you go out and get sunlight every day. Preferably when doing some sort of exercise. Small victories will build to larger ones and you will get your life back on track.

If you have money, buy vitamins. You need vitamin B, D, and C. You also need Zinc and Omega 3 acids. B and C are water soluble so start drinking more water. D and Zinc are fat soluble so you should eat a meal when you take them, same with the Omega.

As far as food goes, you are what you eat. Quite literally so. The components you bring into your body will be absorbed and re-purposed to form new cells. Remember that your body is constantly renewing itself. Do you want your body to be made out of pizza and chicken tenders? Or do you want your body to be made out of fruits and grains and veggies and beef?

Exercise, diet, water, sunlight, and vitamins are critical in getting you back to a safe baseline.
Any questions?

Try eating a 12 gauge. Works wonders

Take LSD.

low dose MDMA

I'd love to read it. I always scan depression threads to see if some recommendation could help with mine. I think I've tried basically all the common ones though. Therapist, psychiatrist, eating better, trying different types of diets, sleep habits, vitamins and supplements, exercise, getting outdoors more, saying yes to more things, etc. etc.

Hell naw. Big dose oh yeah baby

You'll over stimulate your serotonin receptors then when you don't have MDMA you'll just want to kill yourself even more. Low dose for the rest of your life.

yes because Veeky Forums is full of well rounded winners

not him but
>sleep 7-8 hours
>wake up depressed
>turn in bed for an hour because getting up seems like an awful idea
>fall asleep again
>sleep 3 hours
>watch youtube on phone for an hour
>sleep 3 hours
>finally get up

wish i could get mdma.....too chicken to use dark webz :(

No u

Wrong

no fap

Dark web? Seriously go to the nearest shitty area in town/any concert and just ask some trailer trash lookin guy if hes got any mollie. Then buy it from him and take a tiny bit every day to even yourself out. Ive thought about doing it myself but im also not retarded and know what shitty druggies to ask for some good shit.

There is more the fighting depression than what you eat. You will have to make small changes towards a happier life day to day, changes outside food, outside Veeky Forums. But you already know that.
When I have depression my appetite suffers too. I think the key is to get your eating habits on a solid schedule (a schedule NOT based on a single highly caloric meal in the middle of the night). In other words, you need to give your poor ol metabolism some regularity to work with.
I can only speak for myself, but I like to get some nutritional supplement like ensure or soylent and get some of that down in the morning, even though I'm not hungry. It kinda gets my system moving and hey, maybe I'll actually get hungry in the middle of the day, instead of my hunger just waiting it out for the midnight feast. Oh yeah, make sure to eat before the coffee/cigarette cuz that stops appetite.
I don't think you have to eat 3 meals a day, but 1 is no good. Go for 2 and some snacks, and as long as they don't interfere with your sleep, you're golden.
Maybe eat a fuckin fruit here and there too. Hope you feel better user.

you're wrong.

tried it. didn't work after a month. and had some nighttime accidents / wet dreams that were a pain in the ass.

just if you know a dealer who sells weed they will most likely have MDMA on them as well.

>Realise that your depression is a MEDICAL problem. You may believe your actions, feelings, or thoughts need to change, but the reality is that you are physically sick and making yourself sicker by putting so much emphasis on the state of your soul.

This. It's not your fault, user, your body is fucking up your mind.

See a doctor, get some anti-depressant, get your life back on track and slowly get off the pills.

I can't say that you will ever be 100% OK, sadly, nature is a colossal bitch. You'll have to drag through the occasional depression. But don't be afraid to use some Xanax, short term. It's a sickness, and you need to cure it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, and get some fresh veggies you can eat without cooking. Like peeled carrots, tomatoes, stuff like that. Juices as well. Fruits (bananas, apples). Fresh crunchy stuff somehow make me feel better.
And the occasional soft bread when you want a change.

+ alarm to sleep less + forcing yourself to stay out (like take a bus to some remotplace with your bike and ride it back home)

Eating shitty fast food is going to do nothing but exacerbate your depression.
Even if you change nothing else about your routine, take an hour to go to the grocery store, go home and prepare a nutritious meal, or even get a healthier option like a salad from whatever fast food joints are around.
Small steps user

>anti depressants
>xanax
Wow wonder who could be behind this post. Really makes me think.

Wrong