Do people actually have a strong opinion on Coke vs. Pepsi or is that just a marketing meme?

Do people actually have a strong opinion on Coke vs. Pepsi or is that just a marketing meme?

Whenever people act like they find one delicious and the other disgusting I can't help thinking they are fucking idiots.

It's a boomer meme. I doubt most people posting here have a strong preference.

Different people have different tastes you autist.

Depends what country I'm in.

I have a strange allegiance to coke because I have a family who is a high up in Coca Cola. Having said that, there are some Pepsi drinks I like as well. I'm not bitching at restaurants either way.

Could you elaborate on this a little? Which country has good Pepsi? Because Pepsi a shit

Coke is the obvious better choice. The exception being wild cherry pepsi, which is bretty gud.

Idk which country has good Pepsi but in Jamaica Coke was shit so everybody drank Pepsi.

Pepsi is like a less pronounced Coke but sometimes I like that.

Both are fine

I can't enjoy any soft drinks made from corn syrup anymore. The aftertaste lingers too much and feels like it sticks to your teeth.

>liquid sticks to my teeth

Ok schizo

Same shit, different Name.

I think that's just the Jamaica effect, it's all shitty.

Hansen's Ginger Ale > Vernor's > Canada Dry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schweppes is shit tier.
I don't like Colas anymore.

Every time I drink coke or pepsi I get phlegm within an hour.

This. Why the fuck is ginger ale not an option at 99% of restaurants?

What makes you think it isn't? Any decent restaurant will have a bar. All bars have ginger ale.

pepsi is definitely sweeter than coke, I've tasted both blind and I could tell which was which. I prefer coke

>is sprite ok?

Bars normally have that shitty syrup and carbonated water mix that comes from the soda tap.
And I could count on one hand the number of times I've been able to get a ginger ale at a restaurant here in California.

We've been over this many times on Veeky Forums.

Pepsi is sweeter than coke. What this means is that people prefer pepsi during the first few sips, but they'll often find it too sweet if they try to finish a single serving in one sitting. Coke's milder flavor means that you can drink more off it in one go without being overpowered by its sweetness.

I'm comparing the two based off of cans, since at restaurants and such the syrup ratio could be slightly off.

Pepsi seems more syrupy, and is definitely more sweet. Coke is less sweet, and has more of a balanced taste. Almost like there's more of a snap to it. I prefer coke

this was in fact the science used by the pepsi "challenge", yes

I don't recall writing that post and yet I must have because thats exactly how I feel about it.

>fountain soda not superior to cans in every way

I is no wonder this board gets flooded with fast food threads, most people here can't taste anything.

The difference between coke and pepsi is blatantly obvious.

I used to be all about Coke>Pepsi.

But one day I asked for a refill of Coke. And they said they didn't have any, they only had Pepsi.

I thought that was the most light and refreshing Coke I've ever tasted, but I was wrong. It was Pepsi.

From time to time some consumer shows on tv do a blindtest.it always comes out 50/50, those plebs cant taste any difference.

Why do anime girls always make the front of my pants feel funny?

this nigga knows what's up

I don't have strong opinions on them but I do prefer Pepsi. Pepsi is simply a very sweet cola with no other defining characteristics so I like it with pizza or fried chicken. Coke is less sweet and has an after taste unique to it out of all of the cola varieties I've tried. I can't think of anything that pairs better with Coke than burgers and that's pretty much the only time I'll reach for one over a Pepsi (if those are my only choices).

The products are so similar that if you do a blind trial around 40 to 50% of people who prefer coke will say that prefer pepsi because they can't tell the fucking difference.