My local supermarket is, for some reason, selling rabbit thighs. Should I buy some and if so...

My local supermarket is, for some reason, selling rabbit thighs. Should I buy some and if so, what should I do with them? I've never cooked rabbit, it looks pretty much like chicken.

braise'em! rabbit korma or another favorite fatty sauce.

make coq au vin except with rabbit

If you just want you can just be lazy and fry them, they're good pretty much any way they're cooked

I like being lazy, how do I season them? Some marinade would also work.

That's like asking what music you should listen to. You can season them however you want to. Rabbit is a mild-flavored meat so it's basically a blank canvas.

make a flour dredge with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. pat both sides onto the flour and fry

Rabbit can be used in paella if you're willing to buying all the other ingredients. Not sure if you're supposed to use it with the seafood version though.

A Dutch user recently did a thread on Flemish Rabbit. Not sure if it got capped.

Rabbit is very much like chicken, treat it the same.

is it worth paying twice as much for it then?

>is it worth paying twice as much for it then?
In all honesty - No!
Unless you are going to go all out and make something Rabbit-centred (like a stew or casserole) you can season and fry the thighs like a chicken, Rabbit is very much like the red meat on a chicken.

make paella or cook in tomato sauce or fry with garlic and vinegar and potatoes

Look into Italian recipes- they use rabbit a lot.

Came to post this

Sure if it's cheap.

I used to live in a flyover and they were a nuance for me because I would get 4-10 of them in my garage If i left i open longer then an hour. Then spend half the night trying to get them out of my garage so I could sleep without them running into my aluminum garage doors

Killed probably 15 generations while living up there, I would empty a 30 round 10/22 mag a week killing them just in my garage at night so I could sleep a few hours. Sometimes they would get in my house though the dryer vents
They make good rabbit stew. Actually anything in a crockpot is good with rabbit meat

Make puff pastry and cover finished coq au vin with it in a pie dish and bake it. Stick some small carrots in the pie holes before baking and call it "bunny pot pie".

Rabbit is bretty good desu.

Also tastes nothing like chicken.

My family raised a few rabbits when I was real young, mostly fed them with vegetable scraps. I don't remember us eating rabbit very often, but I distinctly remember rabbit and noodles, more the consistency of a stew than a soup, served over mashed potatoes. The noodles were really big, thick ones.

any hunting game meat recipe would work with rabbit. i have a few but all written, would have to scan them later if anyone really wanted any. you can do anything with it, its just like any meat.

Friend ,made me a meal recently of proscuttio wrapped rabbit.

Sear loins in man with rosemary, thyme and some fat from the rabbit

bake around 400 for 20 minutes or so

he used remaining oil in skillet to make a brown butter to top it with;

served it with some veggies on the side

So did you swallow after or spit it out?

more of a group thing bro.