Generic Literary Press is open to submissions from women, trans men, and gender-nonconforming people

>Generic Literary Press is open to submissions from women, trans men, and gender-nonconforming people.

>White male authors will be represented, but in a much smaller percentage than ever before. If you truly feel strongly about the work of a white male author, please indicate so in your email.

Why is every single publisher and writer today a liberal when every great writer from the canon is an white male? Are there any conservative small presses left?

>We want feminism.
>We want LGBTQQIP2SAA.
>We want POC.
>We want to support the underrepresented, underprivileged, marginalized, & oppressed.

I'm looking for pubs and constantly encounter these bullshit submission forms. Publishers should have a minimum income requirement. Pic related. I'm a poor white whale.

Other urls found in this thread:

alissanutting.com/an-apology-to-the-trans-community/
cftorrent.com/alissa-nutting-tampa-epub-plex-t10267786.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that blurryface

Because the editors tend to be white middle-aged middle class MFA degree holders who all took the same feminist/queer/intersectionality/fatqueerfeminintersectionality theory classes in college and like to pat each other on the back for doing what they think is important "work" by favoring publication of these sorts of "voices".

Well i could be wrong, but i think it's because of the jews.

If not that then because most publishing houses are composed of women -- this at least i have had direct experience with. Women are not the brightest bunch and if you tell them a sob story about why we need to exclude x people because y other people have it so bad they are very inclined to follow.

Then you also have the fact that the publishing house might get commissions from the government and various other bodies for promoting minorities(and how women managed to be viewed as a minority while being 50% of the population beggars belief but then we do live in 1984). Of course, the quality of literature suffers because of this and the collective IQ of all of society drops leading to increased suffering for the populace but the programmed idiots will hail it as good nonetheless.

If we decided to live in reality for a while but still were determined to accept books based on sex or race(even though this is really stupid) the submission forms should read:
No jews(because an overwhelming amount of books are published by jews)
No women(because these are the second most published authors)

fuck you OP you social engineered turd

They knew it would be hard to sell neo-liberal cuckoldism to the populace so they forced an Us vs Them war with traditionalist conservatism

everyone in between is pushed outside of the public narrative, and eventually society. good job playing part of the problem you little faggot

They've got to be getting money for it, or you're more likely to win awards and things for the marginalized. It's too widespread to be merely the publishers and authors imposing it just because it makes them feel better.

I'm not saying I'm being oppressed or excluded. I thought it strange that there are the same social justice guidelines at every journal, press, and media outlet I encounter.

I'm aware of Jewish women's influence on media. But there must be a monetary reason to fall lockstep with these identity politics? I think authors should be amorphous for the most part.

>It's too widespread to be merely the publishers and authors imposing it just because it makes them feel better.

Well i didn't say this did i?

Yes, it is also what you point out. Everything is skewed in the favor of "minorities"(this group also including women for some reason) all the way down/out. Awards establishments have also been infiltrated(i really can't say it less tinfoil than this as whether you view the agents of this phenomenon as consciously malicious or merely unconscious useful tools /they are still there/) as well as important opinion makers like newspapers, magazines and other media.

All mainstream media follow the PC narrative and speak of for example sexism and racism as if it was a real thing that is horrible that we should avoid. In a couple years when the populace have accepted sexism as a horrible thing just as they have accepted racism as a horrible thing they will introduce the next point on their infantilization agenda: ableism and all kinds of other ism's specifically designed to thwart thought and free expression and you will have their perfect dystopian society of emasculated manchildren incapable of thought and action and incredibly easy to control. Unless enough people wakes up(this will have to be done on the internet and OFF-LINE) and organize for change.

Here's my tip for dealing with this situation:

Just. Lie.

If you can't lie, you're not going to be a very good writer. Tell them you're a transwoman or a transman, write from that point-of-view to get published. You know how women can usually tell when it's a man writing how he imagines women think? Doesn't work that way with trannies, because their gender simply isn't real - they ARE men pretending. Go for it user!

How about a gender neutral name? I have one.

How transy do you have to get to take advantage of those grants? Can I just wear a wig in my headshot?

Excellent!

A wig will probably be enough, at the moment the less convincing you are as a woman the greater your moral authority - femininity = privilege, apparently. The whole racket is begging to be scammed.

If there's no money involved, you can probably pull this off.

Daily reminder that literary politics and political literature are the two lowest pursuits. It would be better for a person to be a professional masturbator than to be a literary politician. Just enjoy art for what it is. An user in a thread a few weeks ago put it surprisingly eloquently: the only relationship you people have to art is whining about it.

I agree with you.

I fully expect to see open calls for schizos, schizoid, schizotypal, and schizoaffective-identified writers.

It's precisely because OP isn't a whiner that he's exasperated.

I'm interested in literary fiction only, but politics always get in the way.

How can I use my white male privilege to stop this nonsense?

Easy, see and . The most inexhausible wealth we possess is our greater level of basic ingenuity.

Why should he put more boring schlock on the market just to get published? Isn't that incredibly low?

You have however pointed out another problem with publishing today: Even if you are a transman(or faking it) they might not want to publish your story if you don't include "your troubles growing up as trans" or similar crap into the story because they are not interested in an honest story not obsessed with sexual organs -- they specifically want a navel-gazing personal-political story. This is their idea of "important".

We live in sad times.

You read books, you let yourself be inspired, you organize with like minded individuals and work to effect change. And you stay level-headed and sober at all times.

and contrary to lies of the current era you CAN stay level-headed and be passionate at the same time; but you have to know yourself.

You're assuming a great novel can't be written from that perspective. Obviously, it can, but it has to be written by a real writer. Madame Bovary couldn't have written Madame Bovary. These people usually publish schlock because they have no alternative. If they received a serious book, they'd be delighted.

Dick Cheney is cosplayong as the question.

You are right, but i personally would not be comfortable with adjusting to the rotten system just to be published. I'd support rebeling against it before i'd support weaseling your way into it and being seen as "great author" by the same system/people i abhor.

You could still write a great novel that fits in between this frame -----------------[-----]-------------- but you would be supporting the same system that restricts artistic expression and free thought, and for what? To be seen as a favorite by the same idiots and malicious assholes?

Oh well, i might be a tad negative. I'm sure it's still possible here and there to circumvent it but it's a quite controlled and shitty situation and we might want to take action before we try to jam ourselves into roles we might not like.

Why? What is the value of a 'rebellion' that keeps you from publication? To become the greatest tranny writer and then reveal the truth would be a hilarious revenge on the system's stupidity.

Well yes, if you can actually manage to write about what you want and with the freedom you want while pretending to be a tranny. But it seems this is not possible does it not? Or if it is, it is extremely hard.

And there are many ways to rebel, one is to self-publish or go with a smaller publisher and force the bigger publishers to take notice, one is to start your own publishing company, another to organize with likeminded individuals, cause an outrage and force the companies to make sense, another to forego publication with the shitty rates you get today and instead spread knowledge about how the system works and kick out the jews.

I actually feel like the tables are turning on this kind of shit. I'm not a /pol/ guy, but I see at least one good thing to come out of the recent surge of right-wing politics: the absurd privilege/BLM/social justice/trans-whatever/patriarchy/PC/fat acceptance/affirmative action/whatever else is being exposed on a large scale as completely ridiculous. Regular people, not just young people on the internet, are realizing how far all of it has gone.

> they specifically want a navel-gazing personal-political story. This is their idea of "important".

you don't know that

i don't see what the issue is

That's the kind of stuff i often see published at least. I'm tired and im reading marco polo so bai. cya tomorrow if this thread isn't dead.

If you're interested in literary writing, as OP seemed to be, your concern with forcing 'the bigger publishers to take notice', and with 'shitty rates', seems confused.

just say you're some fucking retard who doesn't conform to gender. problem solved

take it as a creative limitation

Your pen name is now Muhammed Jamarcus Washington-Brown. Problem solved.

this is actually real?

regardless of all the muh isms and LBBGGETQ craziness, it is a very philistine view of literature, the notion that writers exist in a vacuum, simply freaks who are able to relay their immediate experience and dictating surface level thoughts and somehow that turns into art. hmm

disgusting

>muh slippery slope

Because it's trendy at the moment, and it allows them to pretend that they're being proactive while still releasing material that socially acceptable.

This is why I mostly read old books these days. Modern books are filled with SJW trash like this.

I feel bad times ahead when people are split into two extremes.

the gmail is taken

Will the new canon that pops up in 20 years be exclusively social justice oriented?

>alissanutting.com/an-apology-to-the-trans-community/

>I want to again give a long-overdue and sincere apology for perpetuating transmisogynistic attitudes and for any offense my story gave. I am very sorry. I will do much, much better, and I am deeply grateful for your patience and the opportunity to try.

>I’ve also signed up for training to become a volunteer with the LGBT Community Center of Cleveland’s writing programs, and have made a celebratory donation to them.

This MFA/SJW cunt who can't write for shit published a shitty little book that won a bunch of shitty circlejerking awards, but then was called on for one of her stories that was deemed 'transphobic'. She "deeply apologized" and started a contest for the "community" to write a trans story, which will be published in new printings of the book, instead of her original, offensive story. What a fucking cuck.

>In Alissa Nutting’s novel Tampa, Celeste Price, a smoldering 26-year-old middle-school teacher in Florida, unrepentantly recounts her elaborate and sociopathically determined seduction of a 14-year-old student.
>includes "body-slamming erotic encounters in Celeste’s empty classroom."

Unless she's pegging him up against her desk, I don't see how a 14 year old could perform like that with an adult women.

Besides that, no problems.

Yeah we get verification of this, PLEASE

Ignoring the fact that you're talking about a tiny handful of publishers out of hundreds, and that self-publishing exists...

Name one good novel a fucking white male has written in the past fifteen years.

Don't say anything by Delilo, Wallace, Pynchon, Houellebecq or Knausgaard, they're shit and you know it.

I find it hilarious when people like you insist you're the strong independent ones when you bitch as much or more than the tumblrites you despise

Just write under a female ethnic pseudonym phamalam, and when you get published reveal your true identity to show how retarded these people are.

Have you read Tampa? It's just slightly-above-erotica-tier drivel, the woman cannot write for shit, and the main character is as flat as Ptolemy's earth.

The only good writing on that book is on the first page, which, as a good MFA'er she must have polished 150 times, while shitting out the rest of the book.

Name me a better novel better than any of those written by a women, in the last 15 years.

You got a digital copy you wanna share?

>you're just like SJW's because SJW's have strong opinions too heh
Never comment on this website again.

>cftorrent.com/alissa-nutting-tampa-epub-plex-t10267786.html

this torrent seems to be working

I can't because they're all shit too, my argument is that we're in desperation mode and need to try weird shit to find something readable. Non straight white male groups are untapped.

Nvm found it.

I'm talking about agents, publishers, small presses, journals, and all media.

>Non straight white male groups are untapped.

that might be true, but the thing is, most non-straight-white-males have had their minds eroded out by the current SJW-and-friends intelligentsia, so all they can write about nowadays is bullshit identity politics 'literature' about their own little gender/race/sexual orientation/etc, and that shit just doesn't make great literature.

Okay you win. That was not enjoyable.

>I find it hilarious that people think Ford and I are the perfect couple based solely on our looks. During his best man’s speech at our wedding reception, Ford’s brother said, “You two are like the his-and-hers winners of the genetic lottery.” His voice slurring with noticeable envy, he then added that our faces looked Photoshopped. Rather than concluding with any sort of toast, he simply laid the microphone back down on the table after this last line and returned to his seat. His date had a lazy eye we all politely pretended not to notice.

First paragraph, and she's established her main character as mean and flippant. And not in a fun way.

Oh well.

Well, maybe the character learns not to be mean and flippant through the course of the story...

>Heard a lot of noise about this novel way back
>3.32 ON FUCKING GOODREADS (which is pretty much a zero by GR's standards)

Holy hell, not even liked by its target audience. Mm mm, ain't readin this shit.

you don't like my book, user?

They're all superb, what are you talking about?

I've only read Tampa and it was shit, kinda tempted to read the short story collection just to see how bad it is, but then again, why waste my time like that?

the far right is now much more vital and exciting than the far left. it's doesn't have the intellectual pedigree but that is changing as intelligent people are increasingly repulsed by the cultural left.

>it's doesn't have the intellectual pedigree
You shouldn't rely on mainstream sources for your information, the "far-right" has had many great minds who're more often than not deliberately memory holed by the media.

Seconded, the problem is basically not related to identity politics. Original is original, go find it.

Are you thought?

It's their attempt to terraform the noosphere into something suitable for their larvae

HELP ME

I'm a britfag who wants to be creative writing lecturer cus sinecure while you write and way less stress than having a normal job. I'm currently doing freelance webmarketing and it's V un-fun. My plan is to do an MFA is the states because I can get all tuition and living expenses and the like paid for. I'm a straight white male, will this be OK.

p.s I can claim non-neuro-typical, and working class at a pinch.

Will I need to resort to such tomfoolery?

could I get published by them if I'm a hebephile?

I'm looking for a new publisher

When I write about pretty 14-year-old girls, I get called a pedophile.

When a woman writes about basically raping a 14-year-old boy, she gets a damn parade.

no need to go so far.

pseudonyms have a long tradition in literature

simply write under a black woman's name, or whatever

Shanaya Jackson is getting all the awards, niggers