How much value do you put into nutrition Veeky Forums? I recently started counting calories mainly due to curiosity...

How much value do you put into nutrition Veeky Forums? I recently started counting calories mainly due to curiosity, and I've noticed how hard it is to overdue it on sugar/cholesterol/sodium.

Other urls found in this thread:

nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>going over on sodium
Sodium is pretty irrelevant annon unless you're not an active person.

Oops meant easy to overdue it. And I'm not very active, only end up walking about a half a mile each day.

I value nutrition a lot more than I used to but I won't sacrifice taste for nutrition. I'm not going to be one of those fags who only eats plain tofu and drinks kale smoothies for 3 meals a day, if I want fried chicken I'm still gonna go get a plate of fried chicken. But I might get a side of collared greens with it.

Reigning in sodium is easy. Just don't avoid packaged foods.

If cholesterol is an issue, stop eating so much butter/egg yolk.

Personally, my biggest nutritional concern is getting at least 90g of protein daily. I usually accomplish that with a bowl of nonfat yogurt at the end of the day. I eat plenty of veggies normally so I usually get enough key vitamins/nutrients without paying attention.

This. I always remember as a young adult one of my roommates going all calorie crazy and my other friend joined in. Later I asked him "I don't understand, I thought you liked food?" He told me that he did but that he couldn't wait until my metabolism kicked the bucket so I would "get it". I'm not fit, but I'm not large either, and my metabolism has certainly kicked the bucket and to this day I still don't understand people who sacrifice flavour for a couple calories.

>potatoes
>a grain

>mushrooms
>a vegetable

You should be watching saturated fat instead of sugar. Sugar is an irrelevant meme pushed by American meat and dairy industries. Saturated fat causes diabetes, atherosclerosis and many other health issues.

You should be watching sugar instead of saturated fat. Saturated fat is an irrelevant meme pushed by American sugar industry. Sugar causes diabetes, atherosclerosis and many other health issues, as pervasively high insulin is very damaging to the body. Fructose is similarly toxic to the liver and requires excessive phosphorous to metabolize.

Pic related. Welcome to zero carb.

>3832 calories
Obese diabetics lecturing skinny people on healthy nutrition, example #66234

haha good one
american sugar association shill

I eat only one meal a day and fast 22 hours. I eat a lot because I work out a lot. And if you consume no carbs, it turns out it's rather difficult to impossible to add adipose tissue. If you disagree, please provide the biochemical process that coverts dietary fat into adipose tissue.

Zero carb changed my life. Before you shit on it, try reading some testimonials or better yet, try for 90 days and see for yourself. Meat is the only complete food.

>please provide the biochemical process that coverts dietary fat into adipose tissue
Yup, it's impossible because fat cells exist to store sugar, that's why they're called fat cells after all. It's physiology 101 that sugar is stored in fat cells and fat is impossible to store in the human body. Excess protein is stored as full natty brah gains, excess carbs are stored as fat and excess fat just circulates in your blood until you've used it all up.

>I eat only one meal a day and fast 22 hours
It's like you're trying to fall for as many memes as possible, like a meme collector

>I eat a lot because I work out a lot.
You eat a lot because you're obese.

Only listen to this one post, OP

Do not believe what anyone in this thread has to say other than myself

That is all

Savage

I do pseudo calorie-counting in the form of portion control, and follow a few general guidelines;
>Avoid excess sugar
>Avoid excess saturated fat
>Go easy on the carbs at night
>Eat varied and balanced meals
This is the only way to be healthy and still enjoy food and cooking. Everything in moderation.

They don't have to rule each other out. A lot of things packed with flavour barely has any calories
>garlic
>all onions
>coffee and coffee rubs
>maillard effect
>citrus
>herbs

>If cholesterol is an issue, stop eating so much butter/egg yolk.
I don't anything about nutrition, but I thought dietary cholesterol==blood cholesterol was a meme. Can someone enlighten me? Just a link to an article in a somewhat reputable public health journal would be fine.

This is a little older but whatever
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206
The current dietary guidelines in the US still recommend keeping dietary cholesterol as low as possible, most other guidelines do too.
The dose-response relationship for dietary cholesterol is non-linear and also depends on baseline cholesterol levels, so there's a massive difference going from 0 cholesterol vegan to 2 eggs a day, but a very small difference going from 2 eggs to 4 eggs a day

>coffee rubs

meme

I try to eat wide variety of stuff and have veggies/fruits daily
Other than that I don't really bother with thinking about nutrition

Thanks

It's been a fad, yes, but as a coffee lover I abuse the hell out of it. I ate coffee rubbed mackerel for breakfast last week. It was an experiment but holy fuck coffee goes well with fatty fish. I want to try it with catfish next.

Root vegetables as well.

>1 teaspoon of salt is over the recommended daily amount of sodium
wtf

Cholesterol isn't bad for you. Your body produces cholesterol to protect against blood fat.

It's chorizo* user, and there's also no "t" when you pronounce it. You're welcome.

>1 tsp of salt RDA

That right there, is why I will never follow those guidelines. And I don't drink soda or use canned goods, but when I cook, my food is going to have a fucking flavor.

button up
beef industry shill

It's honestly carbs and sugar that fuck you up. Excessive amounts of alcohol will also mess your diet up and deprive you of anything nutritious, because of muh munchies.

As far as nutrition goes, as long as you are active and eat decent portions and throw in some veggies and fruits, your life is easy sailing.

This diet also has no fibre. Please describe your bowel movements and, if possible, provide pictures.

when are you ever eating an entire teaspoon of pure sodium at once