I wanna make mashed potatoes for a church thanksgiving potluck tomorrow, gimme some recipes Veeky Forums

I wanna make mashed potatoes for a church thanksgiving potluck tomorrow, gimme some recipes Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C0gWH2E4lWg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuzKBhpTtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ew who goes to a church event on a Wednesday?

Cool college kids.

literally boil potatoes and mash them

what the fuck is wrong with you

Rude desu.

Cut the top off a whole head of garlic, douse in olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and bake 375:1 hour.

Peel and chop potatoes roughly. Boil until tender. Drain.

Wait for garlic to cool til it can be handled, peel it, combine with potatoes, milk or half-and-half, and butter. Add bit of dried or fresh rosemary or whatever you like (adding nothing also works).

Have fun. God's not real though and religion is an intellectual crutch

Oh yeah and use an egg beater to whip them rather than mashing them. Texture is far superior

laffin'

youtube.com/watch?v=C0gWH2E4lWg

Got em

1:1 potato to butter

>peel potatoes
>cut in thirds
>boil
>throw crushed garlic in saucepan with half&half
>let simmer, don't burn it
>drain potatoes once they are soft (use tongs to test)
>mash potatoes as you pour in the half&half

This will help you

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuzKBhpTtk

The best mashed potatoes for a potluck are baked mashed potatoes. (Trust me, I've been to a LOT of potlucks).
Peel and boil 10 russet or yukon gold potatoes in salted water until fork tender. (I like to throw a couple cloves of garlic in with them, or if I have some roasted garlic I'll add it in later). Drain potatoes and mash or whip with 8 oz cream cheese and 8 oz sour cream until smooth and fluffy. Stir in minced chives or scallions and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a buttered baking dish, and dot the top of the potatoes with butter. Bake, covered with foil, at 350F for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and has a nice little crust to it.
You can make these potatoes the day before, and bake them right before you leave. They can be made up to 2 days beforehand. People fucking love them. If you want to get fancy, you can also sprinkle some grated parmesan on top before baking.

>milk or half-and-half

Sounds good

> thanksgiving
> in november
Is it a Ukrainian thing?

Thanksgiving is always in November dumbass.

Thanksgiving was October 10, idiot. You're in some sort of Eastern European church with a fucked up calendar.

>Peel
Only half, the texture of the skin is great in a partial amount.

Also always use waxy potatoes for dauphin, shepherds pie etc. and watery potatoes for mashing

>Also always use waxy potatoes for dauphin, shepherds pie etc. and watery potatoes for mashing
Good tip, I always have used Russets for shepherds pie but I will try a different kind

merry remembrance day

Get the big metal bowl. No not that one the BIG one. Yellow potatoes. Wnough to fill the bowl when mashed. I like a few lumps but it doesn't matter. Put in about a cup of sour cream, garlic, chives (Or just use garlic chives) please use butter. About a tablespoon of salt. Good to go.

No, in the US where the holiday originated.

Heres another.
Get pic related and the loaded baked potato flavor.
>mix them.
>Never make homemade potatoes again.
Although they are nice from time to time.

>it's another "america is looking for a reason to eat massive amounts of food" episode

M'lady

Are you religious?

Churchgoers....

I'm not a clapistani, what is "half-and-half"?

If its for a large group 5 lb bag 2 cloves of garlic cook them with to potatos 3 cups of butter 1\2 - 1 cup of milk or heavy cream 1\4 cup sour cream 2-3 chives 1\2 cup pepper jack cheese or some spicy hard cheese

Some half milk half cream monstrosity they put in tea and coffee because normal milk isn't fattening enough.

I have to agree. You're feeding a church potluck, just make a costco-sized box of instant, and double up on the butter. They will love it.
Definitely add some garlic, sour cream, and cheese. Church crowd is sure to be old, fat baby boomers, they love high calorie stuff that's easy on the teeth.
You can't bring just potatoes. You'll need at least another pound of butter, and probably a pot of gravy too. They wont know you did, but put a lot of MSG in the gravy and you will be a hero.

butter, milk & whole grain mustard

Actually it's used pretty much worldwide since it has a thicker, creamier texture than milk. Some people like to have cream in their coffee/tea without watering it down a fuckton with pussy ass milk or using full cream because it's so heavy and fattening. However, you're an OBSESSED europoor who can't afford anything but English "tea" and boiled hotdogs for every meal, so of course you're completely incorrect and upset because your take home pay is less than that of a fry cook in America.

ingredients:
potatoes
chives
butter
sour cream
garlic
salt
white pepper

boil potatoes, mash them, and add appropriate amounts of the other ingredients until it tastes how you want it

OP here, I took this guy's recipe with a few substitutions and additions (Used idaho and had no sour cream but doubled down on cream cheese, used green onions instead of chives or scallions) and added cayenne, it's a real winner.

>peel potatoes

You fucked up.

OP, I'm going to share Alton Browns fabulous mashed potatoe recipe with you.

You will need $7000.00 US dollars worth of equipment to make this

My fav are mashed potatoes with skins from b-red potatoes.

the key to good mashed potatoes is enough dairy fat & salt.

Don't skimp on the butter, salt, and either cream or whole milk

Lol u mad fatso? Enjoy your diabetes.

pics?!

>all these fags saying half and half and butter

Use mayo like someone with a palate.

I think green onions ARE scallions. It's just another name.

You want pics of mine and other peoples shit? Cause we fucking ate it.

>that fowl language.
wew.

I wanted pictures of yours.

L-lewd senpai ~

this person is not looking out for your best interests, OP.