What can I make with beef strips?

What can I make with beef strips?

I don't like stirfry and I have very little ingredients in the house (not enough for a stroganoff)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/beef-carpaccio-with-marinated-bean-salad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tacos

Beef jerky?

just a though

Beef à la stroganoff, as it was originally known, is made from small cubes of beef, not strips. Educate yourself, pleb.

I seriously have butter, canola oil, rice, cheddar cheese, ketchup, some spices, frozen mixed vegetables and two eggs... some bananas. Probably forgetting a little.

no bread/tortillas

>I seriously have butter, canola oil, rice, cheddar cheese, ketchup, some spices, frozen mixed vegetables and two eggs... some bananas.

Seriously?

i've also got all beef balony, some chicken breasts and some yogurt with fruit on the bottem. And coffie, tea and bottled water.

Are there at least any interesting ways I can cook them?

>I don't like stirfry
ya blew it

BULGOGI

MOTHERFUCKING MARINATED AND GRILLED BEEF STRIPS KOREAN STYLE

EAT EM IN A LETTUCE WRAP OR PILE THEM ON RICE

EITHER WAY THESE TASTY SONS OF BITCHES ARE GONNA RAPE YOUR TONGUE WITH FLAVOUR

i'd rather eat it raw than make stirfry. can't stand the stuff

what are you on about
you know you can put whatever you want in stir fry right? it's literally your fault if you make it taste bad

I was thinking the same thing. The only explanation I can come up with is manchild that thinks vegetables are icky.

I don't like what it does to the vegtables or the meat, I don't like soy sauce, I'd much rather cook the meat, rice and vege separate and have it as a meal. but that's boring as shit and what I do with the chicken.

>stirfry has to have soy sauce

Hrm, given what you got you don't have much to work with. I'd do the following:

-Prep the rice normally, maybe add some spices for variety (garlic/parsley if you can, add a pat of butter to water while it cooks so you get some nice flavoring with the spices)

-Either boil or steam the mixed veggies. If you have chicken broth/buillon I'd boil the veggies in that to give them extra flavor. Otherwise microwave/steam them and toss in a bit of butter and salt for flavor.

-For the beef....ehhh I know you don't like stirfry amigo, but given what you have, that's pretty much your only option. Heavily season the strips of beef and toss them in a bit of oil on high heat.

Alternatively, in your spices do you have beef/chicken buillon? You can make a decent beef soup with those frozen veggies and the strips of beef. Saute the beef until it's browned, then add a few cups of beef broth and add the frozen veggies and rice and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the beef is tender and rice is fully cooked. That should be pretty satisfying and filling for a soup.

>doesn;t like stirfry
>only has stirfry fixins

sounds like you need to make a heaping bowl of suck it the fuck up

> do you have beef/chicken buillon?

no but I did find I have some breadcrumbs with italian seasonings if that could be useful.

I don't even like the rice I have, it' jasmine and I thought I got basmati.

Hrm ok, well you can make breaded beef strips if you want then.

Take the beef strips and if you have a meat tenderizer hammer or a rolling pin, beat the meat (hah!) to tenderize the strips so they'll be easier to eat. Essentially we're going to make strips of beef schnitzel.

Next, take the bread crumbs and add whatever seasonings you'd like, I'd recommend anything with Pepper/Garlic/Parsley/Chili Flakes since beef takes well to those. Add those spices to your taste to the bread crumbs.

beat the two eggs and dredge the beef strips in the egg wash. (You may want to add a bit of water to the eggs to stretch them a bit further depending on how much beef you have).

After the egg wash, dip the individual strips of beef into a bowl of the breadcrumbs and spices and set aside. Put a generous portion of the canola oil on the bottom of your deepest sauce pan or pot. Heat the oil to just before it starts to smoke, and gently pan fry the strips in the canola oil. Probably about 2-4 minutes depending on how thick they are. If you have ketchup/bbq sauce you can then dip them in that if that's all you have. Serve with rice and the steamed veggies like I described earlier.

i'll probably try that, thanks, hopefully it turns out similar to schnitzel.

Hope it works out man. As for the heat, do medium high instead of full high. I just realized that you don't have to do a full cook like you would have to do chicken or fish, you can get away with the strips being a little undercooked, and you don't want to burn the breading in the process.

"what it does to the vegetables or meat"
...applies heat to them? and don't use soy sauce. you're retarded.

omlette

Get some transglutaminase aka meat glue and stick it together to make a steak.

Make some rice, sauté the beef with butter and spices, serve over rice with a soft fried egg on top.

>beef strips
>some bananas

Wrap the peeled bananas in the beef strips- as much as you can- then cook them on the grill.

You can call them "Beefnanas".

T.triggered gook

as it cooks the juices of the meat and vegetables mix together and makes everything taste like ass.

Who the fuck doesn't like stir fry

People who have never had a good one.

You have actual autism.

I think you should just choke yourself with the beef strips and stop bothering everyone else

You give white people a bad name

this thread is funny because the OP is expecting us to come up with some sort of beef sashimi/sushi recipe since he don't wanna stirfry it

and he can only stirfry it

>ketchup
>bananas
>beef

There you go m8

Is there anything worse than cooking for a picky eater?

Trying to give advice to one.

I just cook normally for them. If they're unhappy with it or they want to pick stuff out then that's their problem.

Next time you should buy a proper piece of beef and slice it yourself. I fell for this shit once and it had so much water that it was impossible to get any colour on it without seriously overcooking it.

>Perfect for stirfry
>Perfect for BBQ
>Perfect for roasting
It's all lies people

jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/beef-carpaccio-with-marinated-bean-salad/

here op make yourself a carpaccio and knock yourself out

I wouldn't be eating any carpaccio made from that shit

bell peppers and beef

>literally considering anything besides stirfry
>lol picky eaterXD!!!

is stirfry garbage all you fuckers eat?

maybe, I've only got two eggs and no milk and quite a bit a beef so I don't think it would work too well.

more intrigued by this than I should be

This.

There is not much else you can do with a limited quantity of beef strips apart from stir-fry them with maybe some sugar-snap peas, mini corn, cabbage, carrots, peppers and some sort of sauce.

Trying to redirect everyone into some sort of weeaboo alternative is looking pretty obvious.

Not at all. It just seems so wierd that someone doesn't like stirfry given how many options there are. There's countless different recpies that could be used. So even if user has an aversion to certain ingredients there's still plenty of stir-fry options left over.

It's bizzare that someone is opposed to an entire cooking method. Usually picky eaters are opposed to particular dishes or ingredients. "stir fry" is neither.

>looking pretty obvious.

Apsie much?

There's plenty of things OP could do:
-stew them
-make a ghetto version of fajitas
-bread and fry and make mini "steak fingers"
-stick 'em on a skewer and grill or broil them
-add to a soup
-mince them, then make meatballs or a burger patty

None of those are ideal uses but they're certainly possible.

1. Cut strips into cubes
2. No one cares
3. ???
4. Profit

He even called people who like stirfry "gooks" I don't think he's too fond with Asian food culture.

>as it cooks the juices of the meat and vegetables mix together and makes everything taste like ass

Cook em and add em to a salad.

kys poorfag

You can make a pretty good stew with beef or chicken and veggies. Add a thickening agent then pour on top of cooked rice. I do this with chicken and Minnesotan wild rice. 10/10 delicious.

OP is a faggot.
We make suggestions and he says "I dont like that!". As if the geniuses here can pull off some fucking miracle for you, perfectly suited to your stupidly childish shitpicking tastes.
Why did you even buy it if you dont know how to cook it? If you had something in mind but are missing an ingredient, why dont you get your stupid fat ass in the car and go shopping? The real question isn't what to cook, its what the fuck is wrong with you?

Does calling stirfry trigger gooks like saying steak cooked medium rare is best triggers Argentinians?

situations like this is exactly why I keep sesame oil and soy sauce around at all times. The two together with maybe some garlic and crushed red pepper make a great basic asian marinade (think mongolian beef) and work for any protein. I buy them in large containers from the asian supermarket also so it's pretty cheap and they last forever