/mu/fag here, I thought the albums were pretty good, except godspeed, what is the literature featured on here like?

/mu/fag here, I thought the albums were pretty good, except godspeed, what is the literature featured on here like?

Just get Existentialism from Dostoevsky to Sartre.

It's some cool shit if you're 16 and hate your life and have never read a book before.

Or if you're living in 1940's Paris and have just seen some shit and are now reading this kind of thing for the first time.

You won't understand Thus Spake Zarathustra (I have no idea why people keep pretending like it's straightforward - maybe they don't read and are bullshitting?). The rest are pretty standard and straightforward existentialist (C&P is arguable 2bh but it's at least a proto existentialist work and often gets thrown around in existentialism 101 type classes).

Substitute Nietzsche for something like Either/Or by Kierkegaard and you'd be better off. Or even (if you have a lot of patience) Heidegger's Being and Time. The only problem with B&T is it's really really hard to read but the amount of previous philosophy knowledge needed is minimal.

Fuck off and stop ruining our board

Fuck, the OP pic described me hard (without me ever having tried to fit into some role like that).

Am I a pleb? A stereotype? A meme?
Now I just got another existential crisis over this

A stereotype. Your lack of awareness that you are a living breathing meme probably means you are underage too.

No but early twenties. Help me user, how do I break apart from this?

>calling thus spoke zarathustra too difficult
>recommending Being and Time instead

just read more stuff, jesus

>implying he read either of those
>early 20s
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you're probably retarded.

Stop smoking, start running, embrace irony, buy some new shoes (new balance or Nike cortez) and start listening to drake.

In addition to this, try going outside and talking to people outside the circlejerk of a chan board. Horrifying I know.

Nothing wrong with being a stereotype, everyone can be categorised in some way.

You should probably stop smoking though

>he smokes Camel
>he doesn't smoke Gauloises

It's like you're not even trying...

Pretty hard to start the more popular stuff since it's so dense, so I'd recommend beginning with fiction and then delving into non-functional/philosophy once you get your feet wet.

I think reading changed my life. Used to be a borderline shut-in outside of work but now even I have a few friends.

>I thought the albums were pretty good, except godspeed
>except godspeed

you appear to be the most helpful, thanks mate.
I prefer my music to be a more natural experience rather than a gimmicky pretentious mess, I'm sorry that you're a pleb that is impressed with basic crescendos.

>I prefer my music to be a more natural experience rather than a gimmicky pretentious mess
then u come to lit to ask how deliciously pretentious u can feel after reading novels in a literal meme image.

are u sure u havent been on Veeky Forums b4 u catch on quick hehe x)

You're an actual fucking idiot

What albums are those

You do realize that the other albums in your image feature far more crescendos with far less depth (except SOTB) which could easily be described as basic (especially in comparison to most crescendos on F#A#), right?

Or are you just musically illiterate/uneducated and saw someone use the "pretentious basic crescendos" meme and decided to use it as your excuse for not liking the album?

I hate /mu/tants so much

deathconsciousness, soundtrack for the blind, f# a# ∞, and w/e that 'closer' one is, no idea.

not wearing all tech fleece, eating meat and drinking water like the greeks

What about the pant and shirt? Do you go naked around with a pair of boots?

this, gauloises brunes or gitanes.

unfiltered camels if you must go seppo

You're a meme, which is in fairness a pretty prestigious position in today's climate

how the fuck do you not know joy division?
Closer isn't riddled with crescendos

I """"literally"""""" called Being and Time difficult, TSZ is just harder to understand but isn't in itself that difficult IF you're familiar with the Greeks, Bible, Vico, Schopenhauer etc etc to the point you can immediately get passing and unsignposted references. And then you still have a bunch of riddles to solve.

Being and Time you need to read Parmenides, which is fragments of one poem. That's it. It's merely a difficult read.

Oh and inb4 "le Nietzsche only read one or two books" meme. He read so stupidly widely it's a massive headache to pick up on everything he's potentially referencing in any given book or passage.

That's alright m8.

w2c boots?