I think we're too pretentious sometimes Veeky Forums. Let's just have a good, simple thread...

I think we're too pretentious sometimes Veeky Forums. Let's just have a good, simple thread. Post your favorite book and why.

Mine is 'Revolutionary Road'. Sure, it is a fairly simple book but I enjoy it. I think I identify with it because I am also a man forced to do a job that sucks the energy clean out of me, to live a life I moderately disdain; all with a woman I merely tolerate.

Get the fuck out, pleb.

Why am I not surprised?

Get back to reading your meme books kiddo.

leave plebe

>all with a woman I merely tolerate

Having a shitty job I understand for survival but you are just a retard if you think you can't live without a woman, you are spooked as fuck by society.

"Pretentious" is a meme insult

I liked the movie (Revolutionary Road). How difficult is the book, could I read it in the back seat of a car with load music? Going on a weekend trip tomorrow with some friends and I need something to read for roughly 8 hours in the car.

IDK about my favorite book. Maybe 'As I Lay Dying'.

>if you think you can't live without a woman, you are spooked as fuck by society
>"Pretentious" is a meme insult

100% agree with both of these comments.

You're not forced to do a job
You're in charge of your life
Noone's forcing you to be with that woman

Fuck off OP. Read Sartre might fit a pleb like you

I prefer Camus.

Yeah, the reason these guys are calling me a pleb is because it is a very easy book to read.

I can live without a woman easily- what I cannot live without is sex on demand.

>what I cannot live without is sex on demand.
then you are weak

>what I cannot live without is sex on demand.

just kys, i can't believe i'm on the same board as idiots from facebook

Thanks, OP. First time I see Richard Yates mentioned on Veeky Forums, he's one of my favourite writers definitely.

My favourite book would probably be The Waves.

I would argue a man cannot truly think without distraction until he has removed his natural urges from the equation.

But then I suppose low testosterone, homosexuality or an inability to find any woman would indeed make someone as bitter as you two.

Or just masturbate? Literally the same thing without all the hassle for nothing in terms of releasing frustration.
If you want emotions than you wouldn't be with somebody you just tolerate anyway.

Thanks, I think he is very underrated as well.

I haven't read much Woolf- I'll add The Waves to my reading list.

then*

Oh, don't worry, I know most people on Veeky Forums are terrible for jerking themselves off. Both physically and in the, all too common, meme circle-jerks here.

I prefer the real physical thing (emotions are superfluous- I tolerate her purely for the sex) and I imagine you would too had you ever experienced it.

Not saying I agree with them but this strawmanning is ridiculous.

Couldn't you just find someone to have casual sex with, you pleb?

>tfw some of the most accomplished men in history were celibate
>actually believing your trash thinking has any validity to it

why go to the effort of finding something you could have on tap?

God damn that book was bleak.

His short stories are cool too

OP, you type and think like a plebeian faggot. Get the fuck out.

Principia Discordia

NORMIES OUT

epic thread! glad to trash those pretentious nerds on this board!

Ulysses