Are humans frugivores?

are humans frugivores?

should we eat only what frugivores does (veganism)?

all the shit I've read (books on nutrition) tells that eating animal products cause cancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.meetup.com/587600/Joel Fuhrman - Eat To Live.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=2jaBxFZVDR0
youtube.com/watch?v=LpYwcTFVnv8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>are humans frugivores?
No, we're omnivores - we evolved to eat whatever the fuck we could get out hands on.

>should we eat only what frugivores does (veganism)?
It's not ideal, but it is possible.

>all the shit I've read (books on nutrition) tells that eating animal products cause cancer.
That sounds sketchy as hell. Are those actual books on nutrition, or shitty fad-diet books?

>onmivores
meme, look at the picture.

>not ideal
it's the ideal diet.
animal protein cause cancer.

>sketchy
files.meetup.com/587600/Joel Fuhrman - Eat To Live.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=2jaBxFZVDR0
youtube.com/watch?v=LpYwcTFVnv8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study

maybe you should study more and read more on nutrition user.
I'm sure you believe maymays such as milk is good and meat is good.

>I'm sure you believe maymays such as milk is good and meat is good
They taste good, and that's all I give a fuck about. I'll continue eating red meat 4 nights a week and having a glass of 2% milk with every meal until I die.

There is no evidence that fish protein causes cancer. You can't just lump cancer-causing meats like beef with every other animal protein, that's retarded.

veganism / vegetarianism is the only sustainable diet, so whether or not we are naturally predisposed toward it or not doesn't really matter at this point.

and yes, eating meat and animal products increases your risk for all kinds of cancers.

making a picture that says humans don't eat meat doesn't mean humans don't eat meat.

If you examine the human diet, you will find that it consists of meat as well as vegetables.

What is nutrient runoff

What is fertilizer

Veganism is a fucking meme

Living causes cancer.

A diet consisting of meat is less efficient, but it is not clear to me as to how it is unsustainable. My country's agricultural production is more than adequate to support a meat eating population.

>youtube
>china study

retarded posters cause cancer

leave

>meme, look at the picture.
"Meme" doesn't mean "anything I don't like".

>look at the picture.
I've seen plenty of these comparisons that can cherry-pick any answer you want.

All you have to do is observe humans in their natural habitat (suburbia, for instance) to know that we are de-facto omnivores.

>animal protein cause cancer.
We're all chock-full of "animal protein".
Even vegans are animals, 'tard-o.

>veganism / vegetarianism is the only sustainable diet
[citation needed]
Anything is "sustainable" until it's not.
It's a meaningless buzzword.
Humans have been eating meat as far back as you count our ancestors as human.
The only limit to "sustainability" is population size.
If you have children, you'll have more long-term impact on the environment that I ever could, even if I ate a cow a day for the rest of my life.

hey op

what diet would you say this animal has?

The simplest way to answer this is to look at pre modern humans and see what they ate.

And oh look, they were hunters and gatherers.

Please don't reply to this thread if you don't have a degree in biology, nutrition or health science.

OK well then OP should delete the thread.

Why does this picture imply Chimps don't eat meat? They don't eat it more often simply because other food sources are easier to obtain, which is how it was for humans before the rise of industrialized cattle production

because its f o u r c h a n

Well he's obviously asking a question rather than just sharing his supposed knowledge. I suspect his Facebook table is innaccurate though.

corrected pic

I haven't seen good evidence that animal products cause cancer. I have seen evidence that processed meats cause cancer (most likely cause of E250 and the like). Most studies just lump all meat together and that doesn't tell you anything about meat in general.

Some carsinogens are produced when you fry meat and that doesn't tell you much about meat itself, since it might be a lot healthier to put it in an oven.

Also, xenohormones introduced through the storage, preparation and cooking process, for instance, xenoestrogens from plastics.

This. Studies need to have proper methodology. If you haven't isolated what factor you are looking to learn about, then the study will be pretty much useless.

> all meat together

>doesnt tell you about meat in general

wut ?

The problem with making decisions about all meat in general using processed meats is that using just processed meats won't tell you about all meat.

we have tools and fire. So we are not dependent on our mouths for eating.

Nigga wat? Modern humans literally evolved our big brains in response to inventing the BBQ.

Where's the evidence beef does? All the carcinogens are formed during the cooking/processing stages. That's a problem with cooking/processing, not beef.

>gaul bladder

naturalistic fallacy

this is actually the one time when a naturalistic approach is appropriate

>all the shit I've read (books on nutrition) tells that eating animal products cause cancer.
Everything seems to cause cancer these days.

Everything does cause cancer. Everything that leads to cell division leads to potential cancer.

Maybe theyre French. I mean.. everyone from France should have a Gual bladder :^)

Well based on the image size I think this is a mouth for ants

Nah, we just evolved enough intelligence to make use of chemical and mechanical processing methods that aren't available to chimps (who, incidentally, receive up to 15% of their macro-nutrients from animals), resulting in a reduction of the digestive functions in favour of yet more intelligence.

COOKING, motherfucker, it's called COOKING and it's the reason why we don't need carnivore teeth to eat meat.

Thats literally true, for most live beings. A normal human develops multiple cancerous cells in his body during a lifetime. Thats perfectly normal and handled by your immune system and self-repair. The problematic types of cancer ate those that are unhandled and aggresive. Food causing cancer is a meme since literally everything your body is doing is making cells which by pure chance and place may be cancerous at some point

Check out the books "How not to die" and "The Food Hourglass"

Why can't all ou autists stop caring about what other people eat.
How about all you fags go eat a dick.

well if you're looking at comparative anatomy, chimpanzees eat meat any chance they get. They go hunting for monkey all the time.

Meat is fine, but we should generally eat less than Americans like to.

A lot of those books aren't very highly regarded in the nutrition community. However, if you want to avoid red meat, your body won't be any the worse off for it. Fish is good for you.

If you want to bring sustainability into it, insects are great for you, and more sustainable than plant-life. (every 1lb of cereal grain that goes into rearing beetles gives a yield of 10lbs).

Underrated kek

the ironing

>onmivores
>corrected
kys you're self

It seems that this picture is conflating the means of obtaining food with the means of eating food.

This is not very clever.
We didn't need xboxhueg canines to kill megafauna, we had coordination, numbers, and spears.

and cliffs lololololol

What a pile of horseshit.

>jaw movement vertical on human

What the fuck.

Are you implying the OP image is any better?