I'm lost in the world without purpose or direction. Rec me a book that will give me a reason

I'm lost in the world without purpose or direction. Rec me a book that will give me a reason

Other urls found in this thread:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own
youtu.be/mx5qg3dijnU
thegreatcourses.com/courses/plato-socrates-and-the-dialogues.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Bible

I tried christianity it's shit

Try this out.

Read Nietzsche too

listen to my beautiful dark twisted fantasy

lost in the world specifically

Kek that's what I worded it after

Can you sum it up shortly what's that list about?

I don't think you tried very hard

Your jailbait waifu reads Le catcher in the Rye, so why not start with that?

Then you're a pleb. Catholicism has the highest literary tradition.

I actually did. Dropped it when I read Chesterton and he talks about the beast within the pagan soul that fought Carthage when everything was already lost and realised Christianity aint got shit on that.

Because it's shit

It's also wrong don't forget that.

I'm not saying you have to believe in God, just read the Bible. I suggest The English Bible published by Norton (it's secular with lots of notes).

(There are atheistic and agnostic Christians.)

I have

If you want something older and spiritual then you may like Plato's early Socratic dialogues, in which is argued the immortality of the soul, and the presence of perfect + constant truths outside of the material realm. In particular the Euthyphro, Crito, Apology, and Phaedo dialogues - Phaedo being the most important.

Not necessary older but spiritual is good.
Thanks will do

There is an essence in ancient Greek writing which may appeal to you as it does to myself. Plato, Homer,and Aesop are about civility, hospitality, loving your neighbors and honoring your family; all Christian values, yes, but it's also about competition and being the best kind of person you can be, and not only loving your neighbor, but hating your enemy is a virtue. It isn't like you have to start believing in Zeus, but the Hellenic outlook may inform the way you think about yourself, and the world, in a more meaningful way.

>expecting a literal /b/ poster who posts glorified blonde bimbo selfies in every other reply to actually want to find any real meaning in anything besides his dick and to top it off memes about religion

More epic summer posters

Hi redit

he asked for purpose and direction.
telling someone to "read bible" implies that bible will teach him something and give him a reason and direction. reading the bible for that implies god.

read this

catcher in the rye is shit.

>reading the bible for that implies god.
It doesn't but I know that might be a bit hard for you to comprehend.

What's with this disgusting facial expression? Looks like she has a birth defect.

>looking for a purpose, presumably one external to the self

Unironically? The following will do you good:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own

Read about aesthetics.

Literally any of them you dumb fucking cunt. The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar will give you a fucking purpose. Any book by Dan shitdicks Brown will give you direction.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

>Your jailbait waifu reads the first pages of Le catcher in the Rye for an instagram photoshoot

How did Pound not stop and be like,
>"Wait a sec, am I writing about a black guy having sex"

Ezra was 10/10

You need to find your own idea of excellence, realise it's arbitrary but it's yours nonetheless, and start living your life in a way that it increasingly moves towards that idea.

That's the only rewarding thing there is in Nihil Reich.

Repetition and Difference

Actually Start with Plato

youtu.be/mx5qg3dijnU

Moby Dick is about a lot more than whales, and Socratic philosophy is about a lot more than a wise man walking around saying enigmatic, sometimes ironic things

Professor Sugrue taught at Princeton University

thegreatcourses.com/courses/plato-socrates-and-the-dialogues.html

We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live by Joan Didion. Collection of 7 books of her nonfiction ranging from the 60s to the early 00s. It's not stuffy or outright philosophic, but it will change the way you look at the world around you.

Not bad but clearly wasn't even half-finished when Wallace hung himself. I have a copy on my shelf and I haven't been back to it since finishing it for the first time.

Who's the semen demon

Natalie Alyn Lind. Silver St. Cloud from Gotham.

16 year olds shouldn't look like that given our societies morality construct.

Our society's morality construct is accepting of them fucking.

sidhartha by hesse

You need to fall in love. With a girl. At the rock show.

I hate that bitch's tryhard face.

Who's she?

what if OP isnt underage

See

Wind, Sand and Stars

Make your own you lazy faggot. Don't let others tell you what fullfillment is

Read the Myth of Sissyphus by Albert Camus. Greatly helped me in enjoying life and finding passion.

not OP but I'll take that rec

I think this coupled with Kierkegaard is the best balance for a life-affirming philosophy.

fpbp