Have a passion for astronomy

>have a passion for astronomy
>find out that you need to have deep knowledge of math and physics if you want to make carrier out of it
>tfw I'm too retarded for math and physics
Welp, back to the labor job.

More importantly, to have a career in astronomy you need a passion of math and physics.

Popular astronomy is nothing like actual astronomy work.

>I'm too dumb to do X profession, feel bad for me Veeky Forums

I do, actually. Shitty buzz homie

> i like planets and le space documentaries therefore i have a passion for astronomy

lmao brainlet

All of physics is easy if you can do the math, and math just takes work to learn.

lmfao this

lmao this

b-but i thought science was about smoking weed and star gazing???

DELET THIS!!!!!!!!

Do people really enjoy the process or see it more as an annoying necessity?

Like do they really enjoy solving all those differential equations and quadruple integrals?

Probably not retarded but just demotivating yourself doing (a shitload) of work (which can/will be the ultimate satisfaction)

They absolutely love solving the differential equations and quadruple integrals.

Realistically, computers do most of the work, but the underlying math and science is the focus of study.

It's more of an annoying necessity but finding insight from the the process is rewarding.
>quadruple integrals

And it is 99% process with 1% results.

So what is it?

I thought about studying robotics but I absolutely hate working with math and physics even though I appreciate both. I guess I couldn't be really productive like that? Plus there are enough passionate people in that field already.

what do you do when you really want to study a subject that requires maths but you're lazy and really bad at maths? should you just give up and learn a trade

>I thought about studying robotics
>I absolutely hate working with math and physics
don't study robotics.

>bad at math
Hard work can overcome this sort of obstacle. Keep at it and never give up on your dreams.

>lazy
Even a trade is too high for you to reach. Have fun washing dishes the rest of your life, loser.

You need to learn work ethic long before anything else. (OP)

>tfw brainlet and simply too dumb for maths despite having a 120+ IQ

>tfw 160 IQ but im a neet cause im lazy and school is boring :(((

thanks guys, i'll do my best. i'm currently using khanacademy, but i feel pretty dumb right now. i haven't done anything related in 4 years, due to illness.

i just realized that i should have started earlier, i hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

I dont see why any nigger off the street cant make their way up to linear algebra with solid Bs all the way through. I think its just too scary or boring for someone to spend their time and money on because they cant see past their next meal.

Not to discourage you but usually astronomy is studied by the best of the best

i'm not OP, i'm planning on studying cognitive science. it does have a lot of it, but it's not just mathematics.

Is it silly to study something because you want to make a change? I mean how much of a difference can one scientist make if he is not a genius?

Anyone can make a difference. Look at Wronski, he was a terrible mathematician and worse scientist, but he greatly contributed to science and mathematics.

>, he was a terrible mathematician and worse scientist

in what way?

He was kicked out of Marseille for claiming he was going to change math and science in incredible ways by parroting pythagorus. When he came up with the Wronskian, he had no idea what use it had, just that he knew it would be useful maybe. Basically, he misinterpretted every single discovery he ever made as completely transformational to science and math, when all he did was find some useful tools for proving later, classical math.

Ive been told he was a decent lawyer though.

Amateur astronomy can actually be very relevant. I'd look into that.

>Tfw failed quantum mechanics exam even after studying all summer

I'll get it next summer, even though I'm by far no genius, hard work has got me through a lot of maths and physics courses so far.

It's interesting that people who I know are smarter than me at least in terms of solving problems by hand don't take certain courses like quantum or relativity theory because they fear it's too hard.

It's like getting Veeky Forums. You start out weak and build your way up.

>Like do they really enjoy solving all those differential equations and quadruple integrals?
Is this a serious question? Of course we do!