You don't even have to be a weeb to enjoy Jap curry

You don't even have to be a weeb to enjoy Jap curry.

lucky i live hawaii and can get katsu curry at any plate lunch place, or japanese curry chains like curry house

Whats so special about Jap curry?

How does it fair against Thai curry?

They're totally different, not even worth comparing them.

My favorite part is the crunchy pickled radish/red thing or whatever it is. Adds a next texture and detour from the soft curry and rice.

what secret ingredients do you add to your jap curry Veeky Forums? i add ketchup, bulldog sauce, coffee and a little milk

No, you don't have to be a weeb, but you do have to be a pleb.

Jap curry is fucking boring. Every other country that makes curry has like 15 billion variations of curry (just like every country that makes stew has 15 billion stews) but Japan has their shitty fucking bricks that they boil with meat and veggies.

Even if you don't use their curry blocks it's still bland shit with no flavor beyond boiled meat and sugar. Most Japanese food is bland as fuck so that's no surprise. I'll give them credit for the culinary advances they made in the last century, but they've spent most of the last 1000 years figuring out how to ferment beans into paste that tastes like nothing.

Miso soup is fucking delicious, though.

CocoIchi is heaven. Yes, there is little variety in the curry flavor amongst the chains/brands in Japan, but CoCoIchi is the best. It helps that they have a Waffle House design. Open kitchen. Lots of crazy options that can be mixed any way (fried garlic, fried crab croquettes, veggies galore). Fast, cheap, filling.

カツカレー二百グラム三から。トッピングはコーンと半熟卵ください。

I keep a copy of the menu in my bookcase for when I get to missing Chiba.

Shit, forgot to attach pic.

>you have to be a pleb to enjoy something I don't like

Okay, son.

You're right because it has nothing to do with Japan.

Sometimes local bastardizations of foreign food turn out to be pretty good. Example: Chicago style deep dish pizza doesn't remotely resemble Italian original but is a decent thing on its own.

The Japanese bastardization of the curry concept can still be pretty good even if it doesn't remotely resemble other curries.

There is no retort pouch curry outside of Japan?

We have this curry in pouch in USA. It looks the same on a plate as the one you posted

Japanese for curry isカレー (Karē).

>The Japanese bastardization of the curry concept can still be pretty good even if it doesn't remotely resemble other curries.

Japanese Curry comes from Britain.
It was a basic curried stew that British Sailors introduced to Japan.

I grew up with this type of curry in the late 1960's /70's the only difference being that sultanas and small pieces of apple were often added.

Yes, it's a different sort of curry than from India or other south-east Asian countries but it still has a distinct taste and not easily dismissed

No, it isn't anything to do with Japan at all.

"Japanese" curry is a British bastardisation of the Indian curries they found when they conquered it.

Japan got it from them and American weaboos credit it to Japan because autism.

Ive only had poo in loo curry. How is japs and other non-indian curries like?

Jap curry is pretty bland.
Think chip shop curry sauce with meat and vegetables.

When playing Tsukihime I was constantly wondering why the protagonist treats curry with such a contempt. "Why the F? Curry is awesome!"

This thread kinda explains that.

Jap curry is awful. more at 11

t. chef

Hokkaido soup curry is the best jap curry.

Nip curry is richer and creamier.

Ladyboy curry is spicier and sweeter.

>You don't even have to be a weeb to enjoy Jap curry.

>realize youre a fat weeb anyways

Jap curry comes from a box. It is a gravy made of flour and palm oil, and it's comfy and pleasant enough but it's 100% junk food.

You don't go out to local restruants and just stick to chains when you "went" to Japan. I can tell.

No, but you have to be a shit skin or a eurocuck to enjoy any kind of curry

Yeah that's why the Japanese are so fat right? All that junk food

Fucking dipshit

>and palm oil
and here I thought the Japs were not as retarded as the Amerifatskis when it comes to unhealthy food.
they also eat that shit 2-3 times a week because MU COMFU FUDO MUH FASTO TO MAKE. might as well eat Twinkies all day every day instead.

you eat it with tons of vegetables and meat and rice tho. It's not like you only eat palm oil

>here's my opinion on a food I've never tried.
Laughing now, you ignorant cunt.

So your rationale is that because the Japanese don't have high obesity rates, their curry isn't junk food? I should found Karage Fried Chicken and say it isn't a junk food since the Japs eat it but they're not fat.

It's pretty clear that it's junk food if you read the ingredients list.

As for why they're not fat? Portions.

Enjoy your poverty, Ishmael

Enjoy your diabetes, Cleetus.

Imagine a one dimensional curryflavoured gravy. Japanese curry is shit. Having said that I eat it from time to time but I still classify it as shit.

Your romantic view of modern Japan is flawed, user. Obesity is on the rise and the landscape is becoming heavily industrialized. Native species are now endangered.
The youth all forgo traditional foods for fast food (in the cities, anyway) as they pursue a more Western lifestyle.
Japan will be unrecognizable in 10 years particularly as the royal family die out and are replaced by the younger royals.
I've noticed the change in just 10 years of business trips.

jelly

I've never been to Japan. Why the fuck would I have to go there to eat Jap curry?

Truth

I've seen pouches of instant Golden Curry in my grocery store, and I live in Central Ohio

Nice, kibble with sauce.

Then you are an idiot then. Do you think Mcdonalds or Hamburger Helper are representative meals of their respective dishes.

Japanese curry are fucking made with roux cubes in redtaurants as well
Don't fucking imply it's anything than shit you can replicate at home

Thai curries are really thin usually and very arromatic. My favourite honestly.

we that type of powdered sweet in Ireland also would always pick out the sultanas

>Golden Curry
Same, and I'm from Western Europe. Stores specialized in Asian food also often carry different sorts of curry pouches.

Niggers don't like curry, Hol up Hol up i think we've got a tyrone hea!

Those bean paste that tastes like thing is called miso. The fucking delicious one.

>Miso soup
It's just salty water m8. Here, let me give you a recipe
>Boil a kettle
>Add some soy sauce
>Drink it
>Vomit

that looks like shit

CURRY DOES INDEED LOOK LIKE SHIT AND ITS AN ODD FLAVOR IN GENERAL.

>maps make a mild brown roux with meat and vegetables
>call it curry

Fucking nips i swear