Are evolution and atheism inseparable, or can one exist without the other?

Are evolution and atheism inseparable, or can one exist without the other?

one can exist without the other

>Evolution: A field of biology
>Atheism: The lack of believe in a god.

No, they sound like they are one and the same mate! Bio majors probably have to make Atheism I and II and I'm sure that most atheists bring their semen samples back to their lab to map their own genes.

Yup. Yeah. That is not fucking retarded at all!

Wow what an amazing question. Reminds me of something I discovered recently related to evolution: The main story people want us to believe is that 4-6 million years ago, humans didn't exist, and that we had a common ancestor with a chimpanzee. They say that this "wan't a chimp" but that it also "wasn't a human." So that means it would have to have features of both. The problem is, chimpanzees don't have features of both, and humans don't have features of both. If humans and chimps don't have features of both, then how could the common ancestor have features of both? That means either humans evoluved from chimps, or chimps evolved from humans. Obviously since humans are more advanced than chimps, the humans must have "evolved" from chimps. However, if chimps evolted into humans, then how are there still chimps? According to evolution, birds evolved from dinosaurs, therefore there are no dinosaurs left. Now I believe in evolution and everything, but if humans evolved from chimps, then IT MAKES NOT SENSE FOR THERE TO BE ANY CHIMPS

Yeah I remember now I had to take intro to theistic denials before I was able to take bio 105 so I could handle the evolution portion. I mean how else am I gonna be able to calculate genetic drift without the anti-god constant?

You are the worst kind of person. I can't tell if you are trolling or legitimately violently stupid but both are equally contemptible.

They have literally nothing to do with eachother

>I believe in evolution

Evolution is a scientific theory, not a belief system. Get it straight you moron.

This has to beg the question, why do so many scientists believe in evolution? Even though many scientists do NOT believe in it, there is still a significant percent that does. If you think about it, the darwinists have the same evidence as us, but we can come to different conclusions because we don't have the bias of darwinism. Darwinism is the biased assumption that Richard Darwin had all the correct ideas about life science, based on the fact that he was a leading scientist of the time (the 19th century). Actually, Darwin wasn't even a real scientist, he just drew pictures and made stuff up on a boat, but the darwinists don't want to hear that. The bias of darwinism makes many people deluded into thinking that the evidence always points in favor of THEIR view, even though to an unbiased person that would not be the case. But the delusional/biased people aren't the only ones that make up believers in evolution. Since evolutionists have a monopoly on the media and on education, they are able to brainwash (for lack of a better word) aspiring students. That is how some people can continue to be deluded. However, science teachers also dismiss any evidence against evolution a priori, and even refuse to discuss it at all. Many students end up thinking that the only evidence out there is evidence IN FAVOR of evolution, and they're just ignorant of the facts that go against the mainstream theory.

>Evolution is a scientific theory, not a belief system
Scientific theories are belief systems user.

Like, if you're a chemist these days you have a belief system that excludes the existence of phlogiston. If you're a physicist you believe in action at a distance. There were times when people did believe in phlogiston and didn't believe in action at a distance. When the theory changed, so did people's beliefs.

Does it really bother you that much?

Dude I literally force bacteria to evolve for a living. I even do calculations and simulations on the evolutionary pressure on specific genes in order to optimize my parameters.If evolution didn't work then corn would still be like 15 kernels per head and potatoes would be the size of peas. Hell even dogs wouldn't exist.

I'm all for skepticism in science and challenging the accepted canon but without some other framework that produces the same predictions that have been observed it's only so much air.

just mesingw ith you man

Theism is metaphysical, which means you can spread it on the surface anything you want, just like peanut butter.

Want to reconcile God with evolution? God did evolution. BAM! Intelligent design.

>Are evolution and atheism inseparable

No.

I figured but I am careful because there are a lot of brainlets on Veeky Forums who think they understand evolution because they are of the "physics/math master race" and if biologists do it it can't be that complicated. So there is a lot of threads on here with very rational people that start with the wrong parameters or who read something like what you posted and self-affirm their own beliefs.

Fighting ignorance is a thankless task on Veeky Forums

"God did evolution" is the most pathetic rationalization ever. Why would god make a universe, wait 10 billion years and then make earth, wait another 4 billion years and then make man.

Why wouldn't he? Why didn't he just create everything last Tuesday with the appearance of age? God moves in mysterious ways.

well keep it up but don't worry about this pasta anymore

God can guide natural selection, helping each species find their nook.
He made cockroaches way too durable though.

You are part of the anti-ignorance task group.

People lay like, layman - read everything, and I can figure out of your discussion with the other guy where's the laugh and where's the truth - I can analyze all opinions and in the end also verify it again with more sources online.

You're describing the NETS that infest this place, the vegetable ones - but you just have to ignore them, because other people will find interest in science and actually have a decent discussion around here.

They are not the same thing.

Charaka is an example of non-evolutionary based Atheism, although it doesn't discount it.

There are some Creationists that also believe in Evolution, such as the Raelians.

How the fuck you don't know about this when you have internet access is beyond me.

Veeky Forums is not google.
Veeky Forums is for debate and discussion only.

Because it's vastly simpler that way. Why bother micromanaging every last thing when you can slap an evolutionary algorithm on it and have it be "good enough". Engineers do it all the time.

>wait 10 billion years and then wait another 4 billion years

Time is relative.

>Veeky Forums is for debate and discussion
well

This always grinds my gears. After taking a religious studies course (gen ed req, but a higher level course with a cool professor), I was happy to see he was totally for a marriage between reality and faith/spirituality.

Nobody is ever holding God to some specific method of performing miracles, doing this, doing that, etc.--people will happily say the Bible is full of parables to make you think about the nature of God and humanity versus explicit recollection. For some reason, however, people seem convinced about the precise method of God's creation of the Earth and its inhabitants.

I'm not religious and personally don't like the idea of such religious structures, but I'm glad at least leaders like the pope are acknowledging there's nothing wrong with investigating scientific explanations that could've easily--in their faith-based perspective--been driven by God's plan.

Are you aware of the "god of the gaps" argument? Look it up