How do I make the best burger? I need to know everything from cut of beef to toppings...

How do I make the best burger? I need to know everything from cut of beef to toppings, order of stacking toppings condiments and bun type

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?=1&v=seLgqS2A_y0
seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a secret recipe but I won't tell you sorry

>Get 10-15% fat ground beef, then mix a third of its weight with ground pork.
>Make patties after adding in Famous Daves Steak&Burger seasoning.
>place them in fridge for an hour to be able to stay in form when grilling
>Lightly oil with olive oil on formed patties when taken out and grind fresh peppercorn on both sides
>Grill

Toppings is all on you, there is no secret on that. To keep it simple, I just add my cheese, some onions, mustard and a little ketchup.

Ill tell you if only you tell me first

>listing all that shit
>not including how to cook it

I use ground bacon; food process raw bacon into your own pink slime.

youtube.com/watch?=1&v=seLgqS2A_y0

Why the fuck are you adding a meme seasoning to your beef? Why the fuck are you keeping it chilled and not pressing the patty instead?

And olive oil on a burger? The fuck you think this is, a pasta?

Place Rem. 870 in mouth, pull trigger.

don't worry, that guy is just trying to troll OP with shitty/incorrect advice.

The best way to make a burger is very simple:
1) have the butcher grind some meat for burgers. Don't worry about the fat content unless you're trying to impress people with a youtube channel. Whatever your butcher grinds for you will be better than what's been sitting there for who knows how long.
2) just use a fucking small plate to shape your burgers. Make sure the patties are even enough to where they don't fall apart when picking them up.
3) Cook them on cast iron or stainless steel skillet. Use a little bit of butter if you're feeling like you need to eat more calories; other than that, you don't really need any oil whatsoever.
4) Salt and pepper your burger. Doesn't matter if you do it before, during, or after cooking. Just salt and pepper it to taste. If you're feeling creative, add paprika only for aroma. Paprika will make everybody in your household ask you WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU COOKING, IT SMELLS SO GOOD. Paprika isn't necessary though. It just makes the house smell interesting and it adds a weird yellowish color to your burger's grease.
5) Prepare to your liking. Everybody has their own idea of what a burger should be. Just do whatever the fuck feels right for you. For me, it's the mcchicken- the best of the fast food sandwiches.

This is how to make a pretty bad burger. He wanted to know how to make the best burger.

Never use olive oil for searing. Use clarified butter or other rendered fat. Don't use pork. You have to grind the beef yourself to take a burger from 6/10 at best to 10/10. Equally important to the meat is the bun. Equally. You need to bake them yourself to make it really good. Don't have the patties really cold or they will be burnt outside before the inside is warm. You can have it rare if you grind your own meat. Pic is burger I made.

a pretty woman and a handsome man

I love you because that's a reasonable answer and you saved your spicey meme until the end.

Of course, though, it's good to follow another rule when making a hamburger and that would be: "Less is more". Or better yet, "The simpler the better".

The moment you start putting egg or foi gras on a burger or using buns that cost more than $4 a pack, you need to take a step back and realize what your doing.

>Don't worry about the fat content
>Cook them on cast iron or stainless steel skillet.
>Doesn't matter if you do it before, during, or after cooking
your advice is shit to be honest
Fat amount is cruicial as fuck when cooking really anything from ground beef
Grilling is objectively the best method and what one should use if possible
You salt&pepper your burgers before cooking, taste will get in better and the salt will break down some proteins for even better maillard reaction

I agree. Less is better for a burger. I've tried egg as a binder in my highschool years, and I just ended up with meatloaf on a bun. Don't get me wrong, meatloaf on a bun is delicious, especially with a sauce made from ketchup and worcestershire sauce. But it aint no fucking burger that's for sure.

I don't know how that tasted but it looks like shit In terms of presentation. The patty looks uneven and packed too loosely. If that's cheese, then you need to find one that won't drip off the burger before you bite into it.

Also, the bun is cut unevenly and the top is too thin in comparison to the bottom half.

Also,
>Eating raw ground beef
You're a dumbass

A lot of you in this thread are gonna bitch at me for saying this but whatever. LARD. Just a little. Mix it in with your ground beef. Put a little bit of egg too to puff it up. Salt and pepper always, never forget it. N if you're making a cheese burger, instead of just sticking a cheese slice in the burger, grate some and mix it in with the ground beef. Also don't use bbq sauces unless you're using a minuscule amount, it'll overpower the fuck out of everything.

That's all this board does. Nitpick others recipes and food.

>Fat amount is cruicial as fuck when cooking really anything from ground beef
If you're willing to do your homework and be all autistic about it, then go ahead. Burgers do taste nice when you've followed everything the internet says. For those of us who actually have lives though, leaving it to the butcher to grind us some burger meat isn't a bad alternative.
>Cook them on cast iron or stainless steel skillet.
Is there something wrong with either of these? Both of these are great for cooking meats at home.
>Doesn't matter if you do it before, during, or after cooking
I only say this because I'm a pleb, and I can't tell the difference. I usually do salt before cooking just out of convenience, but I honestly could care less what the correct method should be.
>Grilling is objectively the best method and what one should use if possible
Okay hank hill

>Lard in a burger
>Egg in a burger
>Grated cheese in the burger

You're either fat, stupid, or both. If you served that garbage to me I'd call the police for attempted murder because there no way you should be allowed to live.

I fucking hate that. If you got something to add as constructive criticism I don't care, but it's the assholes that throw hissy fits cause they don't like your recipe and add nothing of value that piss me off.

calm down, he's just trying to troll. I could tell by the bbq sauce, and by having seen quite a few trolls in my life.

It's called exercising you moron. If you sit on your ass all day and eat nothing but this kind of burger of course you'll get fat. It's not an every day kind of meal. I make one like maybe every couple weeks. If you've got no constructive criticism other that just greentexting what I said and insulting me you're just a pathetic wannabe superchef.

Not trolling. Bbq sauce will ruin good beef. The only reason you should drown your burger in bbq is that your meat is garbage.

Better than a bloody "toast sandwich" that's for sure!!

>If you're willing to do your homework and be all autistic about it, then go ahead. Burgers do taste nice when you've followed everything the internet says. For those of us who actually have lives though, leaving it to the butcher to grind us some burger meat isn't a bad alternative.
What the fuck are you even on about
It's not like it's some effort to get the right amount of fat in your ground meat, granted if you pan fry yours, bit smaller fat content is better for that in my opinion.
>I only say this because I'm a pleb, and I can't tell the difference. I usually do salt before cooking just out of convenience, but I honestly could care less what the correct method should be.
You should try it out honestly, salt your meats like 5 mins before throwing them in the pan, some liquid might come to the surface, but it's not water but broken down proteins that give better browning! Good shit.
>Okay hank hill
Okay now I'm just fucking offended, Hank Hill used propane you uncultured swine.

Or maybe you don't know how to cook a simple fucking burger without putting fucking lard and cheese in it you fat cunt.

The lard helps it cook dipshit. The vast majority of it will have melted away once it's done. The small amount of egg added makes it loafy. And please explain how putting the cheese in the burger instead of on top makes it less healthy?

I bet the only kind of cooking experience you have is making grilled cheese and overcooking your hamburger helper.

Quality patty and beetroot make the burger for me. With other simple toppings too.
But betroot makes any burger better!

>30 replies
>no blue cheese
You're doing it wrong

Didn't think of that. That's a pretty good idea. Goat cheese is pretty good too.

Yea listen to this user. Blue cheese. And also mango chutney

spicy bacon jam

You have to use 80/20 (20% fat) ground beef for burgers. If you haven't done this yet then you've been doing it wrong the whole time.

That is where you start, after this you add whatever you want, but you always need 80/20 ground beef. I've never seen 75/25 or lower but I suppose it's out there.

Here's my recipe

>Ground beef
>Chicken breast
>Salt,pepper, basil, garlic and onion
>Tomato and lettuce
>A half pickle
>Blue Cheese, american plastic cheese

Now it gets fun. You BLEND everything into a single giant patty with all the ingredients.
Little bit of olive oil, patty in until it's cooked right. Put in bread, enjoy the time and place saved by not stacking all the ingredients up and create a mess. 1 patty to rule them all.

FIRSTLY, YOU NEED AMERICAN CHEESE. A CHEESEBURGER WITHOUT IT IS NOT A CHEESEBURGER AT ALL.

70/30 chuck and grind it yourself if possible. If your chuck is too lean add lard or suet if you can find it. Do not overwork your ground meat. Fat is the only binder you should need.
The best part of the patty is the crispy exterior. In order to maximize the best part pattys should be thin and cooked on a skillet or pan. If you want more meat add more pattys.
Seasoning meat should only be done with salt and pepper and MAYBE onion powder. Only season the outside of the meat or during grinding in order to minimize overworking the meat.

Buns and toppings are personal preference. I personally like a pretzel bun with onions cheddar and a 50/50 mix of stone ground mustard and horseradish

Beef only, no memetic mixed patty
Thin as fuck patty WELL browned all over

Cheese (american)
Lettuce
tomato
onion
pickle
sauce (ketchup, spread, mustard, whatever you like)

Get nice buns

go home plankton

**THIS POST IS IMPORTANT**
Pickles and onions are great but you know what's better? Pickled red onions. Best shit you can put on a burger

THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS QUITE DELICIOUS MY MAIN MAN

Buns are just as important as the meat. Either make your own or go buy some good quality one.

He said he grinds it himself which means that as long as he used clean tools and ground it fresh it's perfectly fine to eat rare.

You are dead right.

What is the best way to cook burgers if I can't grill them? My grill is broke

C A S T I R O N
A
S
T
I
R
O
N

Most of the advice in this thread is sound so I'll only talk about cooking methods.

Method 1: Form thin patties. Preheat your grill as high at will go. Throw patties on and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Done.

Method 2 (Reverse sear): Form large patties of about 1/2 lb. each. Bake in oven at 225 degrees for about 10-15 minutes per side to get the burger to 120 degrees. Throw burger on superhot grill for a minute per side. Done.

Most people will be concerned about the reverse sear because your burger will be pink inside so go that route only if you know who will be consuming it. But it makes the juiciest burgers you'll ever have.

>Egg in a burger
What the hell am I reading?

You don't touch the meat patty except to season with salt and pepper and to somewhat loosely shape into... whatever shape you want really. Just get some 80/20 Angus ground beef, assuming you live in America with good beef cows. The mince they use in the UK is so coarse, that's probably why they always try to make us think eggs are supposed to be mixed in it like a meatloaf. Burgers are not meatloaves. I digress.

The egg goes on the burger, a sunny side up egg with very runny yolk to drip everywhere, on your hands, your fries, everything. The messy hands is part of the entire experience. You can't put down the burger to do anything else but eat the fries or else you'll have to wash your hands. Being force by choice to enjoy the best burger on Earth. You can't put it down, you don't want to put it down anything except your throat. The way the egg yolk mixes with everything is the best tasting burger and fries you'll ever have.

>egg goes on the burger

I was with you until that, then I stopped reading. Unfortunately your advice was correct until that. Thus, most will completely disregard your earlier advice. What a pity.

To be honest though I would sooner eat a burger with egg on top than one made by some retard who needs to bind his ground beef with egg.

>Rare Ground Beef Meme
W E W

fat trimmed from steaks makes the meat better, and is often found in cheaper hamburger. Ground chuck is ground chuck. Ask the meat man if he put good fat in the burger, if not have him grind a fatty ribeye into some cheaper hamburger meat for you.
Order toppings like they do at burger joints, it's that way for a reason, but sparingly if you want to taste the meat. Butter for frying, not too hot.

>doesn't understand how loafing meat works
Jesus Christ no one knows fuck all about cooking on here.

Look, a burger isn't a loaf. End of story.

Making a "loaf" of meat is a far different proposition than making a proper hamburger. There should be no adjuncts in a hamburger. Spice it how you want, but it can only be ground beef. Period.

Nobody on this board know how to fucking cook.

seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html

Nice boiled looking burger you got there.

Always grind your own beef i use 1/2 chuck 1/2 sirloin. Don't make patties too thick, half inch precooked at the most grill over charcoal. Bacon and cheddar Sautee onions with your favorite barbecue sauce. The bun is as important as everything else, either bake your own or get from bakery. Best burger.

Yes, except you. Special snowflake.

I've found caramelized onions to be the best.
Pickled red onions with pulled pork burgers are amazing though

Why not make some food instead?

>15% fat beef, blended with bison.
>K.I.S.S method on seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic.
>Let it sit on the counter, faggot, you have more work to do.
>Unless you own some time machine, you don't have any fresh tomatoes on hand, or onions or lettuce in your garden, what the fuck were you doing, jacking off on /d/?! Go to the store and get that shit.
>Chop that shit up and build your wall of flavor.
>Oh shit, the buns, just use regular ones, I guess.
>If you are a fucking pussy.
>Real men get pretzel buns, for manly men.
>Also real American cheese, you want to let the terrorists win?!
>Bitch, did you light the fucking charcoal yet?
>You useless pile of shit, you fucking forgot to make the coals hot for the sexual searing of meat on metal?!
>I BET YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE APPLE WOOD SITTING AROUND FOR SMOKE!
Assuming you didn't fuck this up, you make our patties, slop your buns in sauces of your liking, and plop AMERICA between those buns.

The one thing I want to add to this is I can't tell you how many times I've been given a good burger on shitty soggy buns. Get good quality buns and toast them lightly.