Medical question: As I understand it...

Medical question: As I understand it, traditional beheadings like the axe and guillotine make your blood pressure drop to zero instantly, thus causing immediate unconsciousness. What about with the sawing beheadings you see terrorists use?

Dont want to think about it, it's a horrible act, a person lives and grows for so many years, thinks, feels, creates, experiences things and it's taken away in such a horrible way. It's fucking barbaric, I just hope it's not painful it really is horrible.

>Behead some fool using a dull knife
>Hope it's not painful

Why you gotta be so cruel fucking fager, think about someone you loved your kids or partner having that happen to them, fucking unempathetic faget

Doesn't the body have a pain threshold where it eventually goes numb and you faint?

Wouldn't getting your head cut off from a dull knife cause you to lose consciousness before you die, but after you lose the ability to breathe?

I feel you bro. I think about this shit in the same way. Makes me livid

Fucking sheltered faggot, people die, get over it. Or at the very least stick to your maths and try to not post your unrelated views in this thread

>being horrified by senseless violence means you're sheltered
>le epin jaded "get over it" internet man

Fuck off faggot your shit was old back in 2005

at least they're only killing white people

> this
> senseless
Maybe you should educate yourself about how civilisation is spread and what is going on in the middle east right now before you post this dumb shit from your safe stupid country

>he thinks a violent act situated in some historical context can't be "senseless"
>this nigga thinks because the perpetrator of some act had his reasons, it can't be senseless, misguided, or worthy of condemnation

get out of the lecture hall and go outside you autist c u c kbaby

>traditional beheadings like the axe and guillotine make your blood pressure drop to zero instantly
Wouldn't severing the brain stem be a better measure of painless death?

>What about with the sawing beheadings you see terrorists use?
Very difficult to say the amount of pain an individual would feel. From anecdotal accounts, most people who have gone through severe physical trauma report not really feeling much. People who have had limbs severed, shot, stabbed--they tend to say they didn't even realize how bad they were hurt at first. Combine that with the fact that the jugular veins and carotid arteries are incredibly superficial in the neck (and would be severed within seconds of the act starting) and I'm guessing these sawing beheadings cause death before a person really feels much pain.

> the Roman empire spreading technology and culture to all of Europe was "lacking common sense and wildly foolish"

>he's a utilitarian

lel

> I don't dismiss a universal element of human nature and call it evil

No, you're just a dumbass. Do you really believe getting your head sawed off with a knife is not painful? You're delusional.

LEL

Doesn't matter if he is, as long as the people in ISIS are trying to maximize their own utility.

Sheltered? In all forms of history violence is a cruel and inhumane act

Fret not, user: help is on the way, because technology and science are always the solution to human discomfort!

this user
I lost almost 1/2 of skin and meat in my right knee 5 years ago in a bike accident. Didn't even feel a damn. Only hurt 2 weeks later.

>what is adrenaline
>what is drugs after adrenaline wears off

twat

Adrenaline's a hell of a drug a d is responsible for most of the dulling of painful injuries. Have you ever had a very bad cut, down through the muscle, outside of a large, fast accident? Without adrenaline's numbing effect, that shit really hurts - sharp and overwhelming at first, then becomes a dull, intense pounding pain that, while you can still focus on other things, still seems to be clouding. I imagine the actual cut to be somewhat like that.

Secondly, if you've ever inhaled water, you'll know how painful and distressing that is. These people are drowning on their own blood.

It's a truly awful way to die. I would sooner shoot myself than be captured by IS.

Hope that's helped somewhat, OP.