MBTI

What do you think about the image? Could this be a way to explain the origin of the personality types?

Other urls found in this thread:

16personalities.com/free-personality-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Myers briggs was made up by people with no scientific background.

Neither Isabel Briggs Myers nor Katherine Briggs had any formal psychological training.

Even renowned psychological theorist Carl Jung, whose writing formed the initial inspiration for the Myers-Briggs test, admitted that terms such as “introvert” and “extrovert” were false dichotomies and entirely too limited to either adequately describe or predict human behavior.

Up to half of the people who take the test a second time end up with a different personality classification, even if they take it within five weeks of the first test, just like a fucking horoscope.

According Annie Murphy Paul’s The Cult of Personality Testing, “as many as three-quarters of test takers achieve a different personality type when tested again…and the sixteen distinctive types described by the Myers-Briggs have no scientific basis whatsoever.”

Multiple studies have clearly demonstrated that the MBTI is incapable of accurately predicting job performance.

The test is used by most Fortune 500 corporations, but it is not typically used by professional psychologists.

Stanford University psychology professor Carl Thoreson, who is on the board of the company that issues the MBTI, has never mentioned the test in the over 150 academic papers he’s published. “I didn’t use it in any of my research,” Thoreson says, “in part because it would be questioned by my academic colleagues.”

The National Academy of Arts and Sciences conducted a study that concluded that the S-N and T-F scales had little to no validity.

There is absolutely no scientific basis for the test’s terminology, which has been criticized as “vague and general.”

Need i go on? It's pseudoscience that tells us what we want to hear. Just like most science fiction.

and in case you don't know about the MBTI personality type, I would strongly recommend that you try it out: 16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I'm assuming you to be a ISFJ type

>tfw intj

well meme'd xD

Kind of reductive in an autistic way

I'm a Sagittarius, which is about as relevant

typical intj/p response

Is the top row mean no dominant baseline? Would make sense since I have low amounts of all of them (ADHD, chronic depression) and am also INTP.

Also this isn't science.

>Also this isn't science.
>INTP

what a shocking revelation, i would never have guessed. intj/p's are so damn predictable

No, it doesn't explain the origin of personality types, it just classifies them.

chronic depression would also make sense pointing of your serotonin susceptibility and depression and feelings.

I get almost 100% INTJ every time from every test I've taken.

people who get different results every time are just incapable of correctly self reflecting or very unstable.

I go between INTP or ENTP, the latter is when I have caffeine.

Cool, every time I take the Harry Potter Online Sorting Hat Test I get Ravenclaw.

I guess that means that test also has scientific validity, because its results are consistent.

Oh, that makes sense.

>Even renowned psychological theorist Carl Jung, whose writing formed the initial inspiration for the Myers-Briggs test, admitted that terms such as “introvert” and “extrovert” were false dichotomies and entirely too limited to either adequately describe or predict human behavior.

Source?

It's obviously retarded, you don't even need a background in anything to tell, just half a fucking brain.

it's retarded pop-sci shit

might as well give me a phrenology exam while you're at it

Nope. Most people whoa re consistent aren't good at self reflecting. They just have a constant ideal of how they act and answer based on this. The test is nothing more than something that regurgitates your self image whether it is accurate or not.

in other words, if you are an...
>INTJ
Autist
>INTP (like me)
Schizoid
>ENTJ
Bossy fag no one likes
>ENTP
Australian memeposter

I know Veeky Forums only has NT's so, won't bother with the rest

Entire post and image is a garbage meme.

"Personality traits" are not the same as character traits or "who you are." People just conflated a small test meant to look at a specific thing. It's basically psychological astrology.

This, I've gotten INTJ, INTP, ENFP and ENTP depending on my mood.

b-but I'm an ISTJ

>tfw ENTP and American memeposter

also I hate Australians

My MBTI type helped when I was in a tough spot and needed to do some self reflection to see what had to be changed. It's a pretty accurate generalization of personality and is a good starting point to see in what areas you can improve yourself

I think it is ridiculously blurry and it offers no evidence, or even a coherent theory.

BrBr Macaco e irmao #OutFear
Allan aqui.

ESTP, the best type

All you have to do is look at the absurd number of people claiming to be INTP or INTJ anytime Myers-Briggs is discussed IRL to realize it's not at all scientific

I know you said IRL, but it makes sense on sites like this, especially the fucking math and science board of Veeky Forums.

We did this test in our freshman class and I was one of 2 INTPs in our 2000 people. I think people just want to be INTPs for whatever reason, rather than lots of people actually getting INTP.

I fluctuate between INT/FP Depending on my mood, and how intoxicated I am.