Did anyone else find it funny when people on /tv/ said that the Batman and Superman films are good because they have...

Did anyone else find it funny when people on /tv/ said that the Batman and Superman films are good because they have Christian inspired imagery and when asked why this is supposed to be good they couldn't give any reasons? Reminds me of Veeky Forums's pretentiousness, except Veeky Forums just points to "m-muh deep philosophical themes" or any number of other reasons the academia-media-publishing industrial complex has created to excuse an artist's inability to create anything remotely entertaining.

There are enough problems with /pol/ leakage without the "marvel v DC" sewage coming here from your sodden board.

It's not marvel vs dc, it's me pointing out that /tv/ wouldn't put up with pretentious obscurantist nonsense that attempted to excuse inadequacies. Unlike Veeky Forums

>entertaining
way to sink your toyboat boyo
>>>back to your pleb board

I'm just saying we won't put up with your capeshit arguments either.

bad troll

It's literally only because the film is full of well-composed tableaus, frescos etc. as well as beautiful lighting and camera movement.

In other words, it's kino. Plot and symbolist things are largely irrelevant, only plebs talk about that.

>In other words, it's kino.

Fuck off back to your board with retarded meme.

Kino is a real thing, a term derived from the ideological manifesto of Dziga Vertov's "Чeлoвeк c кинoaппapaтoм" (1929) expanded to contain works exhibiting higher degrees of cinematic formalism divorced from the theatrical tradition that became dominant following the french new wave and subsequent new Hollywood cinema.

I thought the Christian references were the most cringe-worthy parts of the movie.

i love how this picture makes it look like a genuinely good movie

It is a good movie, Zack Snyder is a talented director.

Too bad the script was dogshit. Same with Sicario

nah, that superman movie was not very well directed at all.

are these scenes actually black and white, or did someone filter it as a joke to make it look like an art-film?

See that's the thing, you're watching it wrong, like a pleb.
All of Zack Snyder's films are well-directed. They're all beautiful.
It's a joke on /tv/ to make b/w cinegrids for capeshit, but Snyder is still leagues above in terms of shot quality.

If I wanted to stare at visual compositions I'd look at actual art. Not Hollywood shovelware

>comparing shits to find out which is the best one
stop this

>academia-media-publishing industrial complex

How about you go outside for once?

It's not just scene composition, but camera movement, light movement etc. Ideally the actor only serves as anchor point (see: Refn's "Only God Forgives" (2013))

I think you have been indoctrinated by francophilic new hollywood as to look for theatrical and literary qualities in cinema.
The Doctor Strange one is an obvious joke, if you can't tell from those shots that it is of vastly inferior quality and not even comparable to Snyder's work, you should quite frankly not be discussing cinema at all.

What you're saying is the equivalent of "the game has good graphics so its not shit"

i was talking about snyder as a director.
the original () you posted looks genuinely good, though. but i fear that has more to do with the effect the black/white made.

No, because then I'd be ignoring the point of the medium like you are doing now. It's motion for film and CONTROL for video games.

so why are you fapping over still images

Can't find any HQ webms

Bummer, if you find any I'm down to check them out

Does Veeky Forums even have moderators?

No lol

>the point of the medium

jesus

plebs talk about formalism

>academia-media-publishing industrial complex

and here I was thinking you could put more buzzwords into your sentence

I know this thread is just a big lump of bait rotting in the catalog, but (one of) the answer(s) to your implicit question (why would philosophical themes and the likes make a book worthwhile) is: they are engaging and entertaining on their own, as they both make us think and understand the world/its inhabitants/being/emotions through a new narrative and serve as a starting point for our own reflections on the topic - which I personally find the be the main reason why I read.

Does this make the book good? If you find this kind of things enjoyable yes, they do; do they make the book an everlasting masterpiece? That depends on the other aspects of the book, like the writing/prose and the story itself, though often the strength one or two of these aspects may support the weakness of the other(s).

He's just being a memey cunt, with a side dish of dietrological smugness.

Don't want to come off as pretentious, but to say this is good or simply beautiful cinema/composition is a tad overdoing it.

Kino in Slavic languages literally means cinema.

It does so in germanic languages too, but it's derived from the greek word for motion either way (as does the word "cinema" itself).

Making fun of things you think are dumb isn't the same as being smart, nice try, tho.
The reason Veeky Forums is pretentious is not because it references philosophy, but because of its dogma of patrician vs plebian, wherein, the more difficult a text the more merit.