twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dumb.

We only have 10 fingers.

How could we possibly count in 12s?

Joints and shiet

Use your knuckles, mang.

Toes?
Although even without philanges, counting in 10s seems more logical

Personally, I don't think I could do it simply because the concept of 12 itself is defined in my mind as ten plus two, and ten is to me one and zero.
It'd take too much mental adjusting to make this work for me.

>mfw there are people who don't know that they can count to 31 with one hand

...I got up to 30.

Where's the 31st bone/joint I'm supposed to count?

youtube.com/watch?v=1SMmc9gQmHQ

>not being able to count to 33
git gud skrub

0 No hand
1 Hand with no fingers up
2 one finger up

that shit is cool yo

When you Count in twelves at least get your own numbers instead of using the system meant for 10s and expanding it by one.

he isnt able to count to 343 on 1 hand

Fake.

>not counting to 5743563221986 with one hand

Isn't that a base 13 clock? I haven't seen many clocks bearing 0 instead of 12 on top.

How can it be base 13 when there are 12 symbols.

You might be a little retarded, user...

I may, it's 4 am here and I'm sleepy. Still, all the clocks I know go from 1 to 12. If the circle is supposed to be twelve, it's base thirteen at least. Twelve in base twelve is 10. In the likelier case it's a zero, I'm commenting the uniqueness of having a zero up top.

It's not a fucking 0, user. It's a symbol representing twelve but not written up as a 1 and a 2, because it's BASE-TWELVE, meaning that the base numbers to make up new, higher numbers (such as 9557398202) are twelve instead of ten.

In a base ten system, your symbols are:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
In a base twelve system, your symbols could be something like:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ® and o

Exactly but that is a base 13 since we see 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Χ,ξ,Ο and 0 is omitted

You are correct. In base 12 twelve would be represented by a 10.

Thank you. I already made a retarded mistake at a card game today, I needed to reassure myself I had triple digit iq

Don't listen to the retards calling you dumb. Most clocks start at 1 and go to 12, not 1 and go to 0. It's a 13 symbol clock. You're right.

So, it's basically binary, where every finger is a 1 and the absence of a finger is 0

Nay, base 30 is much better.

Yeah, pretty much.

[eqn]\sum_{k=1}^{5}C(5, k) = 31[/eqn]

Or [math]2^5-1[/math]... unless we count 0 fingers as an option, then it's just [math]2^5=32[/math] as expected.

>mfw there are people who still do gay autistic freshman penis measurements as parties

>how do you want your numbers for 10 and 11?
>lets just use an x and a pound sign

Babylonians and Sumerians counted to 60 on their fingers.

>31
>not 60

Think of everything in Inches and feet.

1/2 of a whole is 6 units
1/3 is 4 units
1/4 is 3 units
1/6 is 2 units

Pretty handy divisions to be able to whip out.

Base 10 kinda sucks.

1/2 of a whole is 5 units
1/5 is 2 units

and everything else is some fraction of a part.

Base10 makes it easy to just throw zeros on the end of things and work with big numbers easily, but in base12, we'd do the same thing, only there'd be 12 numbers instead of 10 to do it. It's messy now because we count to 12 using base10, which makes multiples of 12 a jumble of numerals to look at.

Well it's not like they had much else going on.

how would you know?

yarp

Yay because 12 has more divisors than 10

Okay, but a societal transition from base 10 to base 12 isn't going to happen just because of some activism from a "Dozenal Society." If it ever happens, it's a change that will happen naturally over centuries.

>there's a special symbol for 12
REEEEEEEEEEEE

10..11..12 how gradual could it be?

No, there are special symbols for 10 and 11. The fuck are you freaking out about, retard?

if you look at the picture you see they write O

it should say 10 at the top.

not O

No you fucking retards. Holy shit.

It's not a fucking clock. That is the digit representing 0 you fucking cocksuckers. It's not supposed to represent 12. 12 isn't a fucking digit in base 12. Jesus Christ.

well if it was a clock then it would be extremely stupid to write O instead of 12.

obviously 12 isn't a digit in base 12, are you kidding me? if it was a clock it should have 10 at the top.

Jeez, chill out dude

If that's a zero then abandon this whole project because that's the worst looking zero I've seen.
Hope this clears things up

Seventy two minutes in an hour? Pffft.

are you a boy or a girl

Given the minute markings, it's probably someone's proposal for a clock in a proposed dozenal-friendly time measurement system. Pic related, someone's time proposal I found on Google, they use 10 though. 0 is better if you're going to reinvent the whole thing, though.

eighty four actually

>dozenal
>"i'm autistic" the base system
Wow, look at all the retards go.
Why don't you go shout about tau in some reddit thread? That's where you all come from, right?
Fuck everyone who wants to change math because they think it's "flawed" because it's too hard for them to understand as is.

>not use base 4 and counting up to 1024 on one hand
ISHYGDDT