ChemE freshman here, what am I in for?

ChemE freshman here, what am I in for?

Penises. Lots and lots of penises.

Psh, I wish

Oh man, I hope you're ready.

Get ready for four years of being told that you'll get a high-paying job by the end of this, all while having to take classes with retards who think basic calculus is difficult and have terrible work ethic in general, and coming out having completely different intellectual tastes, a useless, inapplicable degree, and wondering where the fuck all the jobs be at.

fluid dynamics, heat exchangers(optional)

and tubes

So is literally every stem degree at the level of fucking liberal arts now? I'm sick of this "nojobs" shit.

only the ones I don't like/I'm not doing :^)

Lots of pipes. Full disclaimer I don't study ChemE, but that's what they all say. Loads of pipe fluid dynamics, lots of chemistry. And so on in that fashion.

No jobs? My boy have you heard of pure math? Any job you want 300k starting.

kek

70% you switch to Biology because chemistry is too hard.

>chemistry
>hard

That would be an exclusive or, f a m.

If chemistry was easy, you'd be a physics student.

If chemistry turned out too hard I'd kill myself. Mathematics, physics, EE, ME, CE and biomed are all harder anyway.

Is this bait?

When did this idea of doing only the things that you don't find easy enough become a thing on Veeky Forums? If this was a thing in real life, everyone would be a math student instead of doing physics, chemistry, or biology. Also, if you think one science is easy, then you should be able to easily study it and solve all of its unsolved problems that geniuses are working on, considering you are a superior math/physics student yourself, right?

Is this place full of freshmen/underage now? jeez

There is a reason why there aren't many physics and math students compared to things like bio and chem. Math/physics/engineering is objectively harder and therefore result in fewer people doing them

>math
>hard

>inapplicable degree

it's plenty applicable, you can work in anything involving batteries, fertilizer, or petroleum refining

Basically yes, mostly due to the overall oversupply of workers. The best career to have is that of a landlord, which most people get from their parents. Otherwise it's going to be a few years of shit before maybe you get enough experience for a decent job. At any rate, those that win the game are the ones willing to do anything and everything.

Can you become a food scientist with it?

Agree on the retarded classmates, but I know a couple of people who got 3M jobs right out of undergrad; and I don't even have that great a program. I suggest OP do an Applied Math second major for fun and to not feel like a useless idiot for four years.

>Is this place full of freshmen/underage now?
Yes. I'm surprised you only noticed this now.

One of my profs is a food scientist, so at least the converse is true. I imagine it must be the closest possible degree without being unreasonably specialized in undergrad.

my mom is a food "scientist" because she worked 20 years at a dairy who contracted for burger king. She speaks no english and doesn't even have a GED

>She speaks no english and doesn't even have a GED
Then how are you speaking English? And why are you in my country?

Expect to more of an engineer than a chemist. ChemE (at least most of the field) is application of either century old stuff with minor improvements or taking what a chemist does and mass producing it. Lab work will either be an exercise in technical documentation or it will suck your soul right out of you.

Also if you don't like ChemE transfer out, our field is currently doing pretty bad and we're full. Also 90% of this board doesn't know the difference between a tube and a pipe. Plebs the lot of you.

>Also 90% of this board doesn't know the difference between a tube and a pipe.
They're both hollow cylinders. I don't see a difference f a m

It doesn't matter unless you are building something. If you are building a plant and use them interchangeably it can get really confusing and can potentially make you order the wrong stuff or void your design.

You have to do research in undergrad or you'll be stuck with a customer service job for a Chem company.
Most likely, you'll work in the oil industry.

I know one cheme out of all the cheme majors I hung out with who got a PhD and works as head of r&d for a major company.
Everyone else has a sad angry life.

Math major here btw.

>Math major here btw.
And how do you expect to get a job with a degree like that?

Can you just do an overview of how you got into process design (if that actually is your field)? I'm pretty interested in it, but I have no idea how to progress.

Not seeing a vagina for 4 years

JUST

so much for doing what you love.

What about pharma chem?

You don't sound bitter at all.

because I went to school and I was born here :^)