Why won't it die?

Why won't it die?

Pretty much all their luncheon meat is INSANELY salty up here in Canada. Is it the same in America? I had it recently and made the mistake of asking for salt and pepper at the end and it was almost gross.

Cheap
Fast
Relatively Healthy
FUCKING EVERYWHERE
It's like Denny's -- no one goes there by choice. You just wind up there.

never been to denny's but have so many around, my parents always complained how shit it is so never tried it. Is it worth it or am i better off going ihop?

>Relatively healthy

4/10 made me respond.

Basically this

>>Relatively healthy

Not gonna lie. I perceive Subway to be healthier than real fast food shit (i.e. Mcdonald's, Wendy's, Burger King) no question so I think he has a point. Maybe I'm wrong though but I wouldn't doubt most people that jump to it feel the same way and at least end their meal without the guilt of knowing they just poisoned themselves.

Thats advertisement at work. Hail corporate bros

You're wrong.

I hear that, but I have a feeling even if it wasn't for advertisements I would still think that Subway was healthy just because it has lettuce, turkey, and shit like that.

>You're wrong.

I don't doubt that, but then I don't give much of a fuck. If I actually gave a shit about living to be 90 I suppose I'd care.

I fucking despise subway, and it may not be healthy in the false idea that it's less fattening, but if you load it up with veggies you can get some vitamins and fiber that you wouldnt get from a regular fast food meal, so 'relatively' I think is an appropriate modifier

Deli meats are extremely high in sodium and the bad fats, and those sauces are pure fat and sugar

It used to be popular as fuck, so when did it START to die? My guess is right after this fiasco.

Back in college the $5 footlongs were a huge selling point. Now they've hiked the prices. It's so sad. A giant (and not terrible) sammich for $5 was a good deal. It also kept relatively well in the fridge provided you didn't have them toast the hell out of it. When I would stumble in at 2am drunk and needing a bite to eat, there were far worse choices than half a subway sammich.

try some other home style pancake place, but if you have to choose between dennys and ihop go with ihop

They are all closing in my area (philly), no point to go there when there are better locally owned places that are 10x better.

Oh no, a couple of slices of meat have some salt and fat in them!!

Good thing my subs are 90% vegetables and multigrain bread. I can get something that fills me up at lunch and well into dinner, meaning I only need a small dinner, if at all, for under 2,500kj.
You're retarded if you think that's bad for you. Literally retarded.

Jesus christ, you autists will look for anything to argue over.

As far as fast food goes, yes, subway is quite nutritious, and not all that bad for you.

Ask yourself these questions:
1. Am I drunk?
2. Is it after 2 am?

If the answer is yes to one or both, go to Denny's. White Castle is also acceptable.

Maybe not the worst for you, but I don't think it's particularly good for you. Sausages and deli meats are particularly high in saturated fat, same with cheese.

This. You can get like a dozen raw veggies added to your sub.

That being said, it's fucking horrible. Literally every other sub place is better value with better food.

Just go to cracker barrel.

>but I don't think it's particularly good for you.

Compared to other fast food places, yes it is.

A couple slices of meat and cheese, no matter how drenched in fat and sodium, are not bad for you.

Subway is a large, noticeable, brand that is also very well integrated in to other shopping malls and convenient areas. When was the last time you saw a stand alone subway? I for one have never seen one and I regularly drive about half of the eastern seaboard.

They are in Wal-Marts, gas stations, and shopping centers. Compare that to a JImmy Johns or other large sandwich chain and at best they are in shopping malls. Subway is huge and perceived as a healthy alternative to traditional American 'fast food'. The 400-500 calorie sub lures you in and then you wand an Italian BMT and you get an Italian BMT. What fat zombie can resist a foot long meat ball sub on the way to buy meatballs and cheetohs in Wal-Mart, especially if he/she perceives it as healthy?

Subway CAN be a healthy alternative if we're comparing a veg sub to a double quarter pounder with cheese. That perception, clever branding, and great location selection sets them apart earnings wise, they aren't any better than their competition and the bread is garbage.

>Why won't it die?

Until one of the other major sandwich chains steps up their game to take away significant market share from them, Subway isn't going to go away any time soon.

you can't kill a god

>When was the last time you saw a stand alone subway?

We have one in the Waco Texas area

Soon, my child.

>Relatively Healthy

Their bread is too hard and chewy

Yes. We've been over this. In comparison to other fast food, it is.

I know, I know, you need something to oppose.

>ITT at least 3 people don't know what the word "relatively" means

straight up BTFO!

>relatively

You know you can get chicken or turkey instead of an Italian BMT with chipotle sauce

Walmart.

>When was the last time you saw a stand alone subway?
Bout 3 days ago when I walked down that part of town. Right across the street from the drug store. There's also one next to the post office a town over.

Explain to me why Subway is not healthy, it's literally bread, vegetables and meat. You can take the less healthy options if you want but that doesn't mean that Subway is not healthy.

Probably because it's the cheapest version of those things possible?

Also
>Bread

you are eating just as much, if not more bread at subway than you are, say, BK or somewhere, plus the meat and cheese and condiments that go on there...and thats IF you stick with the deli cuts of meat and not the ones that come drizzled in sauce already

the big thing they offer is the unwich, i feel. no other sandwich place does lettuce wraps

>bread is bad for you

Lol, jesus christ.

Eating nothing but carbs, sugar and fat is bad for you, yes.
Eating a salad sandwich for lunch is not.
Why does everything have to be extremes with you people? Get some fucking perspective.

Is it and does being cheap instantly mean that it's unhealthy? Also you can take a salad if you fear bread that much but the biggest problem with bread is eating it way too much.

No you don't seem to understand.
>bread

Nanomachines, son.

Because Americans like to eat fresh, OP.
Now enjoy your oil.

so go eat some fucking tofu

>eating nothing but carbs, sugar, and fat

"oh i'll take a 6 inch meatball sub on white bread with a coke, please"

wow, all carbs, sugar, and fat

fuck off, retard

calling it a "salad sandwich" is, well, i dont even know what to call that, it's just stupid. why not just eat a salad then?

Huh, I didn't think subway only served meatball subs.

because people think theyre being healthy by eating it, even though a sub has abut 10 teaspoons of salt in it, and thats not including the ''bread'' and the dodgy processed meat

>Why won't it die?

Because pedos still exist.

>Meatball (fingers crossed the marinara is extra thick and congealed)
>Pepperoni
>Grated cheese
>Peppered cheese
>Lettuce
>Tomato
>Onion
>Sweetcorn
>Southwest sauce
>Herb and cheese bread

That's how it's done. You only live once desu

This. Worlds largest retail fastfood chain.
Let me repeat that:
WORLDS LARGEST.

Also the target strategy for locations is somewhat unique.

SUBWAY PROVIDES A RELATIVELY HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE TO YOUD AVERAGE FAST FOOD ESTABLISHMENT. THE SERVICE IT PROVIDES IS VALUABLE.

Become a tripfag

>Also the target strategy for locations is somewhat unique.
Well what is it, man?

Caps-Kun please stop

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS

Invasive

I would still like more information please.

Na man, free will is an illusion

Ironic those pants are probably hiding his boner as well.

We have a few in Omaha, but I see your point. They're in every shopping mall I've been in recently

Because it's good