Is it possible to use an induction field to heat up rocks that have rare earth metals in them so they slide out of the...

is it possible to use an induction field to heat up rocks that have rare earth metals in them so they slide out of the pores of the rock without having to be crushed and refined?

Huh?

>huh?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE AN INDUCTION FIELD TO HEAT UP ROCKS THAT HAVE RARE EARTH METALS IN THEM SO THEY SLIDE OUT OF THE PORES OF THE ROCK WITHOUT HAVING TO BE CRUSHED AND REFINED GRANDPA

Might cause pressure build up and esplode the rock dispersing your shitty metals

Yeah you just have to wrap a copper coil around the entire planet.

we're talking about individual rocks that are larger than what's used for refineries you autist

>implying all rocks have pores
kek get outta here

>i can't prospect

kek get outta here

Sounds like something you should try out, user. Please use proper safety equipment.

>defending the stupid pore theory
seriously how many rocks with metals inside them do you think have a porous structure which reaches from the surface to all the metal particles inside..

what do you do with the ones who does not have this property? right you crush and refine them.

I see your point.

but
What if we made smaller planets, and therefore smaller coils?
I think this will work because we have ready access to planet-building material, or at least I do where I live. I dunno about OP

Huh?

kek

The problem is not only would that require a large amount of energy, but it would also heat up not just the rare earths, but all the conductive minerals in the rock.

So congratulations, you just came up with the induction furnace.

No. It doesn't work that way in the slightest. The metals are in the wrong form.

I'm afraid you'll have a hard time getting edy currents in your metals because of the way the are distributed in the rock.

What the fuck is going in this thread? Rare earths are found in an oxide form so they won't heat up in an induction furnace.

They are oxides. Also if they were not, they would be too small to produce enough current to achieve enough heat to melt. And even if something melts in your rock, its not necessarily open to the outside to just drip out.

what about ores that are magnetic?

no, they'd just melt inside small pores in the rocks

you have to crush them first, at which point there are more economical methods of heating them to cause the substances to separate

As a geofag this thread pleases my nipples immensely.
I have nothing to contribute other than my self-pleasure.

Continue.

What if you heated them with higher frequencies?

Yes.