What are some easily avoided/upgraded kitchen pleb filters?

What are some easily avoided/upgraded kitchen pleb filters?

Other urls found in this thread:

tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=257510515
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pre-peeled/crushed garlic

Why is it wrong to use pre-ground pepper but totally acceptable to use pre-ground cinnamon, allspice, coriander, cumin etc.

Flavors or anykind

Because you can use black pepper on fuckin' everything so it makes perfect sense to have a separate thing in your kitchen for grinding up that one thing specifically

TRIGGERED

>pre-ground coriander
WHAT THE FUCK

tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=257510515

in addition to the leaf, you can use coriander seed as spice also

oh the seeds! alright ill pass that.

You're a fucking idiot, mate.

onion powder

And garlic powder.

they both serve a completely different purpose from their fresh counterparts

I have some garlic and ginger in tubes, which is fine when I dont have the real thing, also have theose in ground form (sue me).
Pepper, though, should always be freshly grounded.

Americans are obsessed with onion and garlic powder. That's all it takes to know they're for plebs: america is the only country that uses them in home cooking.

i find freshly ground pepper to taste much better
but thats just me

Pepper loses a lot of its flavor within days of being ground, apparently. Some spices retain their flavors better.
Most grinders allow for the grind size to vary.
That said, I'm lazy and still use the pre-ground stuff. Its okay.

>they both serve a completely different purpose from their fresh counterparts
What's that m8?

The skin keeps the flavors in!

Most of the flavour of black pepper comes from the oils inside the peppercorns and it loses its intensity quickly once ground.

dull as fug knives

Premixed spice combinations

You didn't think this through, did you? Garam masala is a premixed spice combination, so is cajun seasoning, khmeli suneli, chilli powder and many more. Find me a chef who doesn't use any of those.

I don't understand why I find all these curry recipes that have 3/4 of typical garam masala ingredients listed and then the garam masala on top of it. I would expect a good chef to just add the 2-3 spices missing and skip the masala

The obsession continues.. I'm sure they're used in your halal snack packs more than you think

The terrible reading comprehension continues: reread my post, I specifically said only America uses them for HOME cooking.

I only use garlic powder on pizza

Classic steak rubs use both. They're used in spice blends often too

Just buy a pre filled peppercorn grinder for like two dollarydoos. The difference is enormous.

The only one of those I buy pre-ground is cinnamon, and only because it's a pain to grind.
I would highly recommend grinding the others yourself, the flavor will be way better. Buying whole spices is one of the easiest ways to step up your cooking.

I've seen someone use a pairing knife to painfully chop an onion small enough to fit underneath a slap chop.

>electric stoves
>ceramic pots/knives/etc.
>cheap knives
they're like cheap shoes, you save in the long run if you buy quality
>gizmos that only do one thing
except for rice cookers, they're cheap and handy
>colored salt