Budget thread

Budget thread.

Post fucking delicious food that can be prepared on a shoestring budget.

I'll start
>Braised belly pork

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_meat#Kangatarianism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F O R

M E

I T

I S

T H E

M C C H I CK E N

T H E

B E S T

F A S T

F O O D

S A N D W I C H

0.05 McDollars have been placed in your account.

Pork Belly has become a trendy food here in Australia and is literally more expensive than getting a leg, loin or shoulder cut.

youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking

It's all edible and costs fucking nothing.

Pizza.
$2flour
$.33 yeast(3 for $1)
$.30 generic brand tomato sauce
$1 garlic mince in a bottle
$1 chopped oregano
$1 chopped basil
$2 olive oil
$1 shredded cheese
Makes 12 personal pizzas so $1.20 each

Or I can buy premade for $1

Dude all our meat becomes trendy or some shit. I used to get oyster steaks 4 for $4, now the same amount is $12. Roo meat too, retardedly expensive.

Its really difficult to get any meat thats not heart or liver for cheap now

And get non cheese, non dough and non tomatoe.
1$ premade is just cardboard with coloring.

YOu have mor roos than humans in Australia.
HOW is it expensive? Do you export that much? and where?

And btw, BBQ Roo is great.
I can even get it in Germany, pretty pricey but thats understandable.

And on topic:
Stew, any kind of stew. lasts at least 3 days with from taters or rice. costs about 10 euros for all ingridients, maybe 15 if you feel like you need more meat.

Chinese grocery stores have been the greatest thing for my budget.

Boneless pork shoulder $1.50/lb
Leg quarters $.79/lb
Rib tips $1/lb

Its because exports and dog food i guess. Even though the supply is high shops in Australia can basically charge whatever they want for anything.

How much is it in Germany and for what amount?

>HOW is it expensive
It's hunted not farmed?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_meat#Kangatarianism

Chicken hearts are pretty cheap where I live, mix that with rice and peas. Cheap, delicious and nutritious.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT HERE

Same in Ireland.

OP told you. Braised pork belly. Pork belly is the uncured meat used to make U.S. bacon (aka; side bacon, streaky bacon). Braising is a combination cooking method used on fatty or tough cuts of meat, in which the meat is first seared, then simmered for a length of time over low heat in a small amount of liquid.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE MY MAIN MAN .

Don't be so harsh. It's like a party in my mouth.

The best dish for budget cooking has to be frittatas. All you really NEED is eggs and breadcrumbs, then you add whatever the fuck you want and you got basically an egg pizza. Plus everyone knows how to make em.

>everyone knows how to make em.
I don't think I have ever seen one nor could I identify one let alone make one. I may have heard them mentioned on your decadent American television though.

It's basically a lazy man's omelet. You fry your meat/veggies in a skillet. When they're cooked you pour egg in there and cook until the egg is set. That's it.

Sounds like shit desu. Thanks for the info though.

Baked sweetpotato
Peppered steak
Turkey stuffing
Beef stroganoff
Coronation chicken

Soy sauce looks burnt there. It looks more fried than braised

This is one of the rare one dish meals in SL: cauliflower fried rice and egg.

Garlic, 10 cloves
Young ginger, a thumb-sized piece
Chillies, green, if/as desired
Tomato, peeled, pressed of juice and flesh crushed or chopped, 2 small (about 50-75g)
SL curry powder, 2-4 tbsp
Coconut cream, 100g
>not creamed coconut nor cream of coconut
Cauliflower, grated/crumbled, 800g
Salt, as needed
Rice, cooked and a day old, a 1 litre/quart container full (about 475g cooked weight)
Stock, 1 cup
>veg if you're vegetarian, chicken if you're not
Maldives fish and either fried shallots or spring onions (or both, if you want) to finish
>If you can't find maldives fish, katsuobushi is a decent substitute
Eggs, fried sunny-side up, to serve

Peel the garlic and ginger.
Pound into a paste.
Deseed (if desired) and chop the chillies, if using.
Stir the chillies, if using, into the garlic/ginger paste along with the tomato and curry powder and add to the pan with the coconut cream.
Heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the pan looks oily (the coconut cream will "break" and its oil will separate out from its liquids and solids).
Add the cauliflower, salt generously and toss about to coat evenly and mix through.
Add the rice and toss about to coat evenly and mix through.
Stir in the stock little by little to rehydrate the rice and keep stir-frying.
Off the heat and add the Maldives fish and shallots (and/or spring onions).
Stir through and plate up, dividing among four portions.
Top each with a fried egg and serve.
Makes four servings at a cost of about about $1.50US each.

You know what's even better than braised pork belly? Long marinated, braised, deep fried pork belly. It's just one extra step (well, actually 2, because you let the braised belly sit overnight in the braising liquid), but HOLY FUCK, it's my favorite way to eat pork belly. It just melts in your mouth.

There was a bakery near my college that would sell large sheetcakes that were a few days old for 4 bucks. I would eat like 2 of those a week.

Here in Asia or at least Taiwan, it's suppose to be fairly dark. We use the sauce in large pots and use it to cook tofu, carrots, eggs, and various other meat products in one giant melting pot essentially along with the belly. Yours looks rather strange to me.

Anything with pasta in it is cheap.

>Kangatarianism
That stupid we wuz kangs makes this word funny to me

Jesus they are getting so cheap that they can't be bothered to ship them in paper boxes now?

>Yours looks rather strange to me
I used rock sugar
>it's suppose to be fairly dark
Depends on how much 老抽 you use and how long you fry it. I personally don't like it that dark
>We use the sauce in large pots and use it to cook tofu, carrots, eggs, and various other meat products in one giant melting pot essentially along with the belly
That's pretty much 卤菜, which is not exactly the same as braising pork belly

I buy lots of chicken breasts at a cheap grocery store and freeze them.

I'll make one every day with whatever vegetable was on sale.

If I'm lucky, they'll have some form of pork, or beef, or fish on sale and I'll buy as much as I can afford of that, too.

The place I shop at always has some form of leafy greens on sale so I usually have salads for everything except dinner.

Last week, cauliflower and broccoli were on sale as well as shrimp, so I'm alternating the first two every night with chicken and I'll add some shrimp to one of my salads if I'm feeling especially hungry/exerted a lot of energy.

I usually just bake the chicken with some peppercorn (if it's on sale) and steam the vegetable.

The salads are straight forward - just leafy greens in a bowl. I'm really happy that spinach was dirt cheap last week, so I'm enjoying some of that this month.

Add in some water to wash it down and, it might not be tasty, but it's filling and doesn't make my tattered wallet cry.

I bought a big container of crushed peppers a few months ago, s when I'm feeling up for it/have the cash for it, I'll buy some crushed tomatoes and mix that with the crushed peppers and bake the chicken in that, as opposed to on its own.

Thank you for this.

What they're doing sounds off putting, but I just fry up some potatoes and then when they're almost done, I add some eggs and scramble them all together. Then I put salsa and cheese on top.

>depression cooking
>sounds like a deadpan comedy type sketch channel
>click link
>"oh this is pretty cool too"
>live in poor family as well
>listen to this lovely old lady talk about her hardships
>last video 2 years
>shes dead

I entered with high hopes, user, and exited feeling melancholic. Fuck you.

Not the guy you're replying to. Everyone eventually dies, user. She lived a long and seemingly fulfilling life, and made time to share her recipes with you. If you're really down about it, make one of her recipes, you'll feel better knowing you kept her memory alive and you made use of the recipes she put up on the net.

Chicken fried in lard,cooked with herbs and has lemon springed over it for a zesty sweet/sour/savoury taste

I meant lemon juice springed over it,fucking delicious,you guys gotta try it

You ching chong guys eat scrap leftover meals like ramen so I don't get why frittata would sound gross. It's super useful when you want to get rid of leftover ingredients. Also never forget the breadcrumbs for the bottom crust, too many people make subpar frittatas because of this.