Still majoring in math in the year 2016

>still majoring in math in the year 2016

It's a fact that computer science graduates make more meme bucks, get more pussy and have more prestige than degenerate sweaty math majors.

What's your excuse for not getting in on the computer science meme?

>tfw 24 and 98% income percentile for age

Because I am not mentally ill

CS is pretty shit tier for maximizing salary. Finance and economics has better mid-career median salary and also much more growth potential. Law is the best for highest starting salary. 7 years (undergrad + JD) in the US = 180k starting salary achievable at OP's age.

>makes more money
I don't care; I live comfortably on what I make.

>get more pussy
I don't choose my interests based on scoring random hookups.

>more prestige
Why anyone would give a shit about this is beyond me.

>confusing degrees and job titles

CS majors really are retards

>my skills are limited to what I learned in class
Get out cancer

CS is so easy of a field that even a child could do it. I personally taught myself C++ when I was 12. And nowadays they are already teaching programming in public schools in some European countries.

Let's see what your salary is in 10 years, when virtually every sub-25-yo is able to do your code monkeying work.

Except that won't happen.

Normies already HATE math. This would be even worse to them.

I prefer working with my hands and making stuff.
Call me a brainlet, I don't give a fuck.

Yeah, because the average person would even consider computer science as a major and to even consider the average person would even want to go past college algebra math, yeah. You're a retard.

>CS is just programming

So tell me, user. Why aren't you making $300k+ at the moment?

>muh turing machines
>muh algorithms
when did you realize theoretical cs was watered down math?

Coding is ten times easier than math.

>Yeah, because the average person would even consider computer science as a major
You don't need to major in CS to do CS jobs. There are ton of degreeless people working in the field.

>and to even consider the average person would even want to go past college algebra math, yeah. You're a retard.
It's not about wanting to learn when kids are *forced* to learn it in public schools. Like I said, this is already happening in some European public schools, and the trend is likely to spread to other developed countries as time goes by.

If you think that programmers make $300k+ a year, you're fallen to Veeky Forums memes my friend. This is exactly what I'm talking about: Forget your fantasies and face the reality.

>Coding is ten times easier than math.

What?

Besides, people who have no math background won't be a competition to the CS majors.

Who the fuck cares about money when you're doing what you love

what about getting a math degree AND being a software engineer/developer

Please don't tell me you're some brainlet math major who thinks programming is difficult. That's a contradiction. You can't have this capacity for logical reasoning and think programming is at all hard. It's literally just watered-down logic.

No, I am a CS student in EU. Programming is relatively easy, but the part where it gets difficult is when you have to optimize your applications and apply math.

Why do you think so many new games run like shit and require 8 GB of RAM + top GPU? Because 99% of game developers are idiots that picked up programming ¨with no math knowledge.

This.

>basing your worth on your fucking bachelor's degree

t. a software engineer with a bsc in math

1/10 made me respond

>doesn't realize people with both advanced math degrees AND coding knowledge are able to make 300k-400k starting if they go into finance and work for a hedge fund, or 200k if they work for a bank for like 3-4 years

What can you do with a math degree other than research or finance?

this is my comfy plan. is an ms enough? let's assume i'm quite skilled for the sake of my question.

>having money as your only motivator

Don't you feel pathetic? I mean some guy on youtube who plays video games makes more money than you with your degree and job.

i'd masturbate to trannys all day if money wasn't my main motivation. comfy is all that matters.

That's degenerate my man. Why are you on Veeky Forums?

>300k-400k

That's too much money. I don't believe that either.

>math """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'''research""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""''''

You mean sitting around all day, occasionally scribbling things down in a notebook?

well lucky for me money is my main motivation

1. Most math majors become software developers now anyways.
2. People know if you have a pure math degree you're probably smarter than if you have a CS degree. CS degrees are a dime a dozen.

So is this like pretty much the best option? I wanted to major in Computer Science but just recently thought of just majoring in Maths and still being a software developer. In comparison to a Mechanical Engineer V(what I use to want to major in) and a Software Developer V in Boston metro the ME's make 147k average while the SD's make 140k average, but the biggest thing that catches my eye is that there are 4,300 ME jobs compared to 19,000 software developers, apps and 18,000 software developer, systems software. That's a shit ton of jobs. What other jobs can I get in with a Math degree? Actuaries make good money but there's only 430 jobs there and only like 2000 Statistician jobs

Not the other guy but I'm curious too, I'm transferring from CC to a 4 year school and going for Math major comp sci minor, possibly double major if the school is cool about electives lapping over.

Everybody can code decently in like 3 months but not everybody can learn esoteric meme math in 3 months.