>drinking alcohol
>literally one of the worst things you can possibly do for your health
>doesn't even taste very good, just harsh and overly bitter

Why does anyone drink this trash-juice?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose#Examples
caffeineinformer.com/death-by-caffeine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I have to deal with people like you.

fpbp

>literally one of the worst
>literally
So if you ranked everything you could possibly do for your health on a list from absolute worst to least bad, drinking alcohol would be one of the entries on that list?

Gosh, you're retarded.

I QUESTION YOUR JUDGMENT MY MAIN MAN.

Beer is the only alcohol I enjoy. Everything else makes me want to vomit.

Because the better drugs are illegal. This means that there is more stigma attached to them, there is an element of risk and most normies associate laws with morals.

tl;dr the Jews

Cool thread, Muhamad

Polite sage for obvious bait

/thread

Because only an ignorant waste of space would forsake centuries and centuries of history to feel morally superior

See also:
>Muslims
>Mormons
>Quakers

I got you familglia

Pretty much.

Alcohol is literally poison, so yes.

Fairly sure eating ricin is worse for you health than alcohol. Or VX gas. Or mainlining liquid methamphetamine. Or 5 grams of pure heroin. Or contact with methylmercury. Or...

>alcohol is better for you than nerve gas
You really showed me

So apparently it's you who considers alcohol as bad as nerve agents.

If not VX, can you suggest which chemical warfare agent you'd consider at least as bad as alcohol? If not a nerve agent, perhaps an organophosphate or neonicotinoid pesticide? An organic solvent?

>being retarded
You were trying to downplay the fact that alcohol is poison by comparing it to weapons of mass destruction. Nice try

You said it was comparable to that you autistic fuck

No, we've already established that there are many thing that are literally worse for you than alcohol, I'm just trying to find out now where the line is.

I mean if we're down below the organic solvents there are already literally tens of thousands of things that are far worse for you than alcohol, and at that point I don't think it's credible to claim that alcohol is literally "one of the worst" when it doesn't even make the top ten thousand.

Maybe we should come all the way down to household chemicals. Is drinking bleach better for you than drinking alcohol?

and yet people drink everyday and live perfectly normal healthy lives.

Fuck yeah, there's an anime for everything

When?

>alcohol is better for you than nerve gas guys! Look how healthy it is!

>normal
>healthy
Fucking lol

But is it better for you than household bleach? Or caustic soda? Floor wax? Cool whip? Draw a line for us here. You're the one claiming it's LITERALLY one of the worst things you can put in your body, but so far it doesn't seem to be.

I like the effects. I look forward to drinking alcohol. It's the high point of my day. I feel bored without it.

>poison isn't one of the worst things you can put in your body

There are many poisons user; that's why I'm asking you to clarify. Everything I've asked you about so far has been a poison; apparently they're all far worse for you than alcohol, too. You really need to think about this some more.

All forms of alcohol are proven carcinogens, aside from their other detrimental health effects. This doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to get cancer if you drink, just that every drink is very, very slightly increasing the odds of you doing so.

Like most enjoyable but unhealthy activities, it's up to you to decide how far you're willing to risk your health.

sola dosis facit venenum

those federales faggots must sure feel like big men smashing up barrels like they aren't just fascist dogshit

Are you trying to say alcohol isn't poison? Because there happen to be worse poisons?

Feels good man.

Alcohol is a solution.

This thread managed to be more autistic than I thought it would, g8 b8 thread OP.

>Are you trying to say alcohol isn't poison?

No. You're the one who claimed alchohol is
and that clearly isn't true.

Do you drink coffee? Ever taken paracetamol or aspirin? Because all of those are LITERALLY worse for your health than alcohol. No doubt you avoid those, too?

You're arguing with a shitposter who is being purposefully obtuse in order to annoy you, because he conflates that with "winning" the argument.

Just stop. It's for your own sanity.

>coffee is literally worse for you than poison
I think we're done here

>Do you drink coffee? Ever taken paracetamol or aspirin? Because all of those are LITERALLY worse for your health than alcohol.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose#Examples

>LD50 ethanol: 7,060 mg/kg
>LD50 Paracetamol (acetaminophen): 1,944 mg/kg
>LD50 Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) : 200 mg/kg
>LD50 Caffeine: 192 mg/kg

Caffeine is 36.7 times more poisonous than alcohol.

When's the last time you saw a drink that was 50% caffeine? Or even 0.05%? It would take much more than you can even physically contain to die of caffeine poisoning from the average energy drink.

caffeineinformer.com/death-by-caffeine

It would take ~80 cans of Monster to die of caffeine poisoning for an average person

>when
I suggest, dumbfuck, that you re-evaluate your mastery of the english langauge, if you do not infact understand what the word literally means;

But we're talking about "alcohol". Did OP mean methanol or propanol instead? If so I apologise, I was wrong. I wouldn't drink methanol if I were you.

>alcohol poisoning exists
>this means alcohol is poison
you are probably right, but not for lack of being retarded. Ever heard of water poisoning?

Everything is "literally poison" in a high enough dose that your liver can't handle it.

I bet you're that trash kid that didn't get invited to a high school party and now runs around spouting off about how alcohol is bad and he doesn't want to drink anyway.

You know what else is a proven carcinogen? The sun. Therefore we should follow your example and never leave the basement, right?

Oxygen causes cancer, we should stop breathing

>a shitposter who is being purposefully obtuse in order to annoy you, because he conflates that with "winning" the argument
I remember a time when we called this "trolling", and it was a fun diversion every so often. When the shit did it become Veeky Forums's norm?

moderate alcohol consumption has very widely been shown to be beneficial to health and decrease mortality

>water poisoning?

Believe it or not, this is a real thing. I went through a stage where I was drinking around 2 gallons of water daily for an extended period of time and became extremely paranoid and delusional to the point where family members dragged me to the ER. The blood tests indicated a dangerously low sodium level that could lead to seizure and death. They limited my water intake and took measurements and everything returned to normal.

>Believe it or not, this is a real thing.

It's not just real, it's killed people (particularly if they were partial to MDMA)

Because, SURPRISE! People like to escape their reality by getting fucked up, dumbass.

No, there were no drugs involved. Don't think they didn't test for that when a patient was brought in for paranoid delusions.

Pretty much this.

Alcohol is bad. People drink it because people are stupid. Some drugs are better than alcohol but the government hates us.

This is the problem. I would gladly give up alcohol for superior and far healthier drugs if they were legal.

I second this. If only I were not enslaved by the demon in the bottle. Curse this vile world. Curse it! Nice dubs tho brah

MARI-JUA-JUA-JUA-JUA-NA

You'd think that people of college age or shortly thereafter would be more prone to alcohol poisoning due to binge drinking and the like. That makes no sense to me.

Alcohol kills more people per week than nerve gas ever has in history
:)

They're legal in states that matter.

Why is alcohol legal in every state but marijuana isn't

Basically this

Yeah like one drink. Any more than that and it has a negative effect

People who don't drink alcohol have significantly shorter lifespans.

Weed is easier to produce thus less taxable and harder to regulate. Alcohol pays for its adverse effects on societal health via taxation.

Alcohol has been a part of humanity for eons all over the globe and is deeply ingrained in a lot of cultures.
Weed generally isn't.
Plus it was a "new" drug when it got real popular, and varying industries didn't like it for varying reasons, and traditionalists and the religious right didn't like it for varying reasons.

Basically a bunch of bullshit.

It's a question of money. If marijuana businesses can collect more taxes, create jobs and have more powerful lobbies than the law enforcement, corrections and drug testing groups that oppose it, you'll see legal marijuana on a federal level.

Hello plebbit