Me and my girlfriend are saving a bunch of money to start a "Gameplace" in a big city...

Me and my girlfriend are saving a bunch of money to start a "Gameplace" in a big city, how can we make this work so we can do a living out of it?

I was thinking something like:
>a different game on every tv everyday
>a Super Smash Bros in the Switch station called King of the hill where the winner stays as long as he doesnt lose, is being stream 24/7
>selling beverages
>smash 5/melee brackets

What else should we do?

Attached: IMG_20160831_040543009.jpg (2340x4160, 607K)

Arcade machines, like the punching machine, fooseball tables and most importantly pool tables. With policy of no drinks allowed from outside

how much money have you both saved for this venture

As much as we need, we live with our parents and don't have to pay rent so we can save as much as we want

lol you'll sell 5 drinks a day for a profit of $10 and shut down within 2 months. Nobody wants to hang out in you and your nasty girlfriend's shitty gamer basement.

How much so far dumbass

Only 4k CA

Attached: FB_IMG_1520744302751.jpg (480x316, 11K)

probably nothing, this is just some dumb kid with a shitty idea that has proven to never fucking work because these places are absolute cringe to be inside and no one will want to hang out in more than once after realising they can just do the same thing in the comfort of their own home for less money

So, in other words, no savings, probably no job, and you live in your parents basement.

If you're financially incapable of paying for the rent of your own home why in the fuck would any bank want to lease you a commercial space?

lmfao

>what else should we do?
Either kys or grow the fuck up marry her and start having kids

realize that this idea is doomed to fail and go all in link.

Take your $4000 and invest it in some community college courses and some interview clothes. Don't fall for the bachelor degree meme just get yourself certified in some kind of lucrative trade. In 3 semesters you can become a certified surgical technician and make $50k in any hospital in the country, for example.

Because your idea of owning a gamer shop with your girlfriend is retarded and I guarantee you will never work. Get some education and a job and spend less time on Veeky Forums.

dude with 4k you can barely afford TV's and other hardware you will need. Listen to user above me and get yourself educated. Learn how to start a business, read a book about startups and try to get some good ideas not a fucking hurr durr gaming room. Think about electricity costs, licenses, broken controller, stolen games and more. 4k on the other hand is enough to get your life on track and start learning. Knowledge is power.

Idea is not awful, just not fully realized.
Add in an aspect of childcare. Make people pay money for you to make the machines babysit kids for you.
Market as a progressive daycare centered around a "digitally creative" atmosphere.
Also, 4k will get you nowhere

Attached: 1516852187333.jpg (400x388, 53K)

This. I wouldn’t even want to touch the controller after one of those sweaty shit stains who hang out in such a place laid their filthy masturbating hands on it.

this

Lookup "barcade" in NYC.

Was just there. Cost way more than 4K to open that place kek.

You guys are fucking dumb, I say I only have 4k SO FAR, we're still saving we just started saving

Nigga wtf. Do what that other user said. Take some classes and get certified in something and get a decent job. Live with your parents for a few years and save to $100,000. $4000 isn’t going to get you shit.

your "girlfriend" will find a way to screw your over with this. you'll pay all the money and then she'll sell it because it's half in her name and fuck you over. or she'll cheat on you with guys who come there.

4k is literally nothing you can't even cover the rent most business lose money while in their infancy and you need capital to ride that which you aren't even close to having grow up peter pan.

Just go all in on OMG and you’ll be able to buy a few franchise locations of Dave and Busters.

Lmao your the retarded one, starting a business with a girlfriend shows you lack foresight. What are you gonna do when you come to work early one day and shes got jamal balls deep inside her? Business is half hers.

And you both live at home and only have 4k? Come on dude. I get major late teena/early 20s cringe retard vibes from you. Please pull your head out of your ass.

Your still going to need to 50x that just to get a door opened. I don’t know where you live but opening a business like that will bleed you in startup costs. .

Open up in a 3th world country and enjoy using free pirate games

People used to make shittons of money here in Brazil by letting people play games in their video-games (all pirate games, so they had almost no costs)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Terrible idea. I've never seen one of these places succeed.

>costs
Expenses*

yep was like that in all of eastern europe too....until like 15 years ago...

To be fair these are fairly popular whenever I'm in any koreatown nearby but I imagine it's gotta be clean as fuck and have halfway decent food to even half halfway of a chance. A dream is a dream

*have halfway

Attached: 1503878958797.gif (500x388, 929K)

Basically this. They last until Grandpa's inheritance runs out and that's it. Most people have a tight knit circle of friends with whom they do all their gaming and they can do that at home.

>fairly popular
unfortunately doesn't cut it in today's market. You pretty much have to fill every seat every night.
Last time I knew a person running a game space of any kind, they basically had to resign half their store to MTG nerds because MTG tournament play was the only thing putting bread on the table. So invariably if you open such a business you will either become an MTG store, or go out of business, and nothing in between.

Not to mention the cultural difference americans and recently immigrated koreans, also. I'm still inclined to want to encourage op because I'm a sucker but yeah

Just wondering for how long have you been saving up, also how old are you? What job experiences do you have that have to do with owning a business?

>having gf
Kys

Like there's some interest here in board game spaces... but not video game spaces. But like I said the board game spaces never last unless they bend the knee to MTG.
I'd imagine console gaming circles are similar to board gaming circles...
You have one ring leader who actually likes owning things and thus owns everything, and then half a dozen or so followers who just play on their stuff.
Not to mention if you actually look around local community centers and what-not are constantly holding "free video game nights" just to keep troubled kids off the street.

>start a "Gameplace" in a big city
enjoy your niggers and spics shitting up the place and breaking/stealing equipment

This is also a concern to consider.

Although this can actually easily be alleviated by having a bunch of book shelves full of books visible from the street.

You forgot to warn him that they will bang his gf too amiriteguys

if you think that a gamespace/arcade in a big city won't just become a shitskin hellhole and go out of business within 2 years then you are living in a bubble mate.

Yeah, it's gotta be half smash bros and half mtg, and if it isn't gonna be a comic book/tg shop then the coffee has to be killer or it has to have some killer feature, maybe google fiber access or something. Not to mention the consoles and tvs, all that shit needs to be top of the line. Why would I go outside my home to play games? Well shit the coffee is excellent or the pastrami or they've got a 4k monitor in every station. It would need to have something beyond "there is games here"

also catering to the e-sports crowd could be lucrative but I don't have any firsthand experience with anything like that

Also Scarcity does not = value
Contrary to what people might say around here.
Sometimes scarcity exists for a reason.

I was born in the early 80s so I was there for the glorious climax of the video arcade. I can tell you why it happened and I can tell you why it will never happen again. Computing power was expensive AF back then.
Games at the arcade were light years ahead of anything you could get on a home console and that's why the best video games of the time were all "crowd funded" by children's lunch money.
As home computing power came down in price the arcade lost it's novelty. Why would I go to stand around in a loud smokey room full of body odor and pedophiles to play Samurai Showdown when the SNES port is just as fun?

Eventually it was down to just the gimmicky games, early tech demos for motion controls... or "classic game rooms" opened up full of arcade machines that had a credit button wired to the former coin register and you just paid to be there by the hour. Those all eventually closed down and were replaced with swinger's clubs and sports bars though. There's just no need for such places anymore.

so you might think you are addressing a scarcity in the market... when in reality you are just gambling on an obsolete idea. People say it's interesting because it triggers their nostalgia, but they aren't going to spend a lot of money there. They'll go once or twice... and when the rosy tint gets wiped from their glasses never again.

Attached: 5dmzvaoyzt6y.jpg (583x575, 34K)

Sell pizza by the slice and set up a bunch of N64's with Goldeneye, my bro.

A VR station with different games

Like one with a racing wheel etc

Also get a good fight stick if you’re not investing in an arcade cabinet

It'll fail
To be a legitimate Esports lounge you're dropping close to 1 million to compete with the big boys before you'll see a dollar of profit.

I've done this idea.

>esports
this is destined to fail. who the fuck would want to go pay to watch esports in some shitty bar rather than sitting at home smoking weed, watching anime on your 3rd screen, having crypto charts on screen 1, and whatever shitty vidya tournament on screen 2 while bullshitting with bros on mumble/ts/discord(god forbid)

>doing something that doesn't already exist
have you ever stopped to think why this isn't already a thing? maybe because no one wants it..

Attached: 1520830237853.jpg (1200x800, 230K)

Pretty much this. It's like... look at traffic say...right after a hockey game. Traffic increases everywhere, not just around sports bars. Most people invite friends over and watch it at home. Cheaper than hitting the sports bars. If it's Bob's birthday then yeah... people will hit up the sports bar... but not every game.

it's also an entirely different demographic between people who watch niggerball and people who watch esports

the people who watch niggerball have more loose change to shake down.

Arcades/Barcades are having a big comeback. You should focus on retro quarter games (some for free to get people through the door), with the streaming/more modern games being a smaller aspect of it -- with the possibility of expansion, of course.

You're going to need double what you think -- prolly gonna take a huge sum to buy all the stuff, then you need at least 24 months worth of rent and overhead. 1.5 mill to start.

Have a college or hip young population nearby.

Best of luck.

Because dweebs who want to impress their "gamer girlfriend" will dump money to keep the girl interested. The more fun she has the better he looks which results in him spending more to keep up the impression

Because groups of guys who aren't neck beards enjoy playing competively with their friends beside them. There is a completely different dynamic to online games when the person you're playing with is there beside you.

Because parents don't know how to relate to their snot nosed soon to be NEET kids so they dump money to impress Jimmy junior so the kid thinks his biological dad is cool vs his step cuck dad

Because mothers want to be in the top tier of their community by doing something that's incredibly fun and unique for their children even tho they couldn't bother to think of non digital ways to entertain their kids

>pay to watch

I was thinking more something like pic related, which is probably well beyond the scope of a guy and his gf starting up a business and is mostly only really a thing in asian countries

Attached: players-at-e-sports-square-cafe-5.jpg (3008x2000, 1.52M)

something like that will only work somewhere without niggers so if you're in a big city you're fucked. a place like that will attract niggers who will try to steal from the whitebois while they're playing vidya. the niggers will abuse and break your equipment, and you legally cannot deny niggers access because of constitutional law.

call me racist but we'll see what happens if you ever do start somethign like this. niggers ruin everything.

Unless you already have 100 friends who would be your patrons, it's a terrible business model. You're relying on people wanting to leave their homes to game. I live in NYC and watched 100 of these businesses fail. The only one that does well from my knowledge is a trendy hipster barcade that servers craft beer that you cant pronounce. It'd be a dream of mine to own an establishment like this-- but it's likely to be a break-even or total bust.

project M?

To replicate Barcade, you're going to need a million liquid. Between liquor license and permits, plus building the interior. This is a poor business plan unless you're already loaded.

this. we had a minigolf/arcade/batting cages place open up a few years ago and it was OK for the first few months until the niggers found out about it and it became a gangland hangout where the blacks would harass everyone and try to steal from people playing the games. the niggers would hang around and not buy anythign and the owners i'm sure were too afraid to kick them out for fear of being called racist. it went out of business after 1-2 years

I question the scope of the "niggas robbin whitebois left and right" problem but I agree it's something racially homogeneous asian countries don't have to deal with and I would heavily advise against opening something like this in the fuckin' hood

This and also smelly unshowered people.

>I question the scope of the "niggas robbin whitebois left and right"
black males aged 16-35 make up about 5% of the us population yet commit well over half of violent crime. wake up, please

Attached: blackrace44.jpg (2032x3528, 840K)

ok, ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

how long have you been saving up that 4k?

You don't gotta redpill me on this, I already understand it, I just assumed it goes without saying that it is an absolute neccessity to check the demographics of the area you're opening a business in

You're getting answers but still are pondering the fantasy of creating one. Good luck

Please don't give solid advice to anons

>buses don't exist in cities and nogs don't ride them for free
whatever mate just make sure to keep us updated. i'm sure there'll be plenty of funny nignog stories for you to tell as your business bleeds

Attached: blackrace2.jpg (1092x1220, 316K)

There’s a place like that in my town, they do pretty good business. It’s in an area downtown near a lot of bars and they have weird drinks there like one with two red white and blue popsicle sticks in a mason jar with blueberry vodka. And lemonade I think. Kinda cool place to get a drink and play some X-Men vs Marvel.

Attached: 20F2782B-E41F-42BE-8B3A-55CFCE080AF9.jpg (3024x4032, 1.77M)

I'm not OP and wouldn't even dream of actually attempting doing something like this, was just discussing possible ways it might not be a total pipedream

Dont do a 24/7 tournament. First of all, no one will watch it live or care. Secondly, its gonna smell like gross beta B.O. after a week.

Buy a ton of arcades and pinball machines. Have comfortable sofas for smash bros and stuff. Have a legit good cleaning crew come in every morning so it doesnt get gross. Have a bar and good bartender so people can drink and play. Buy a big-ass chalk board for top scores and give the top people free booze and food. Make sure you're located near a university campus to maximize profits.

*X-Men vs Capcom

>A gameplace
>only console games

Honestly, just quit now lmfao.

Attached: EW.png (1440x810, 2.05M)

Smash is not a fighting game and you are not a part of the FGC. Sorry, OP.

DBFZ or bust.

I mean X-Men vs Street Fighter god dammit

I've been to one "barcade" ever in my life and it was really awful

This was just a few months ago btw, here's how it went.

>Place charges you 5 bucks to get in, stamp your hand and let you know there's a 2 drink minimum.
>It's dark as hell in there
>Loud as hell, there is a (live dj) blasting edm
>Super crowded, people standing in front of arcade machined not using them just drinking and talking
>Half if not more of all games are broken
>They have a section set up with a bunch of consoles but half are disconnected and the other half don't have any controllers available
>Bar is surrounded by wannabe Chad's trying to get at the bartender who is like a 5/0
>All the while it reeks of unshowered males who sprayed themselves down with a whole bottle of axe before coming
>Literal fedora fags walking around
>Tell security at the door I'm going outside for a smoke and go home

Tl;dr these places attract the worst kinds of shitheads