I know lit is a full of book lovers, but what is your day job? I'm a 24 y/o trash-man

I know lit is a full of book lovers, but what is your day job? I'm a 24 y/o trash-man.

So you're our janitor?

I'm a 25 year-old NEET.

we're all NEET

Veeky Forums is ne(e/a)t

Basement dweller roach. Gives me characteristics and experience for when I write a masterpiece.

You writing "Diary of a Turkish man"?

24 yo IT auditor

NEET. Wish I majored in something more practical.

Assembly line.

what did you major in?

Literature

OP here. Same major.

CS student
>fell for the jobs meme

sensible chuckle

I move boxes from one place to another.

>pic related

wtf come on guys

Student, radio operator on the weekends

Soon-to-be high school teacher

Same. Turning 26 next month and still looking for a job. I've tried the shitty job finding sites, craigslist, nepotism, temp agencies, and still nothing.

It's getting aggravating so when I apply I just put in ridiculous shit now. My work history for the last was reverse psychiatry suicide prevention and grass identifier.

Supermarket shelf stocker and occassional editorial assistant. The editorial is only a couple days per month though.

student

Starbucks barista

hows the pay?

I work at a package store. 25 years old.

>Grass identifier

Kek

I have a job but it's kinda shit. Data entry at an accounting firm. I work from home some weeks but I usually do nothing but read and try to get everything done on Sunday. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

26 yo land survey technician

I worked at a deli a few days ago but I think I'm fired b/c I went on a manic episode and didn't show up for 3 days

Research chemist

I work as a temp at a Geospatial firm as an image editor. Before that I worked 58 hours a week at a woodworking factory.

I almost prefer the factory over the deskjob.

my dude, what's it like? I'm on track to enter law school but I really want a lit related job and I actually enjoy teaching (I think, I coached debating once and loved it). also a desk job would actually kill me im pretty sure, i can never fucking sit still and work for hours on end

Fuckin noice, which branch of chem?

Warehouse worker. Used to be a programming teacher but it was too draining, my current job pays well enough and leaves me fresh to do all that reading and studying I love so much. Nowadays I only give classes on whatever subject I happen to be good at for the joy of it if I consider the student worthy of my time.

I work at in n out, I graduate next year and aam going to be applying to law school after. Currently majoring in english

Physicist. Currently working as a Visiting Scholar helping to develop ways of conserving very old books and paintings.

I also move boxes from one place to another, and furniture

Bicycle messenger

K.?

The manual labour end of retail. Plenty of time and energy for real work when I get home which is nice, the lack of yaper and feeling of being an over qualified perdedor is kind of eh.

19yo overnight security guard/fire watch for a construction site. 12hr shifts all alone, lots of time to read.

NEET. My average earning mum recently divorced my extremely wealthy dad, and he (at least, hopefully, just for now) wants nothing to do with me. Before he told me he'd get me a job through his connections when I turn 19 in 2 months, but now that's out the window, and my NEET lifestyle's quality has also sufficiently dropped.

Actuary.

26 year old NEET, no degree either.

No idea what i'm going to do.

26 yo bureaucrat with an engineering degree.

investment banking

Call centre drone

I recently graduated and work as a junior marketeer

Mediator for Research in Mathematical Science between Japan and my country.

what is the requirement [legal or not] for security guard?

PhD student in history, hoping to be a tenured trash-man after my dissertation.

only if you're lucky

>he wants a job with the city

kek, hope you know someone

National Security Adviser

Student, now a research assistant as a summer job.

It's decent work.

Age requirement in the US is 18, as well as a lack of criminal record.

Lab assistant for a research soil lab

I'm halfway to an agricultural engineering degree and this job sort of changed my mind. I'm thinking of just being a biology or mathematics teacher, but I don't want to deal with the shitty pay and dumb students. I wish I could just not work and study all day, since that's the only thing I enjoy.

28yo NEET since 2011 philosophy drop-out

25 years old, oilfield surveyor. Anything construction related, surveyors are involved at some point. In the oil patch, we're the guys that go out on quads/snowmobiles into the middle of nowhere and mark out pipeline routes and lease boundaries, etc. I live in camp for weeks at a time, which affords me plenty of alone time to read and write. It's hard work, but makes for some great stories, and the opportunity for cool pictures. Here's one I took a few weeks ago.

That sounds pretty sweet. How did you get the job? Experience, education etc

thanks for destroying our environment.

what's the money like?

np f.am

Do you get to carry a gun for bears?
Please get me a job, I will move wherever necessary to do this.

he typed on his fossil fuel made electronic device

I work at small children clothing shop as a retailer and do some online marketing and stuff for them. 24 yo. Still haven't got my BA. Majoring in History.

>this thread
>all these Literature and History majors

lmaoing @ your lives. no wonder this board is full of bitter, pseudointellectuals.

Noice
Where if I may ask?

OT: I study engineering. German engineering bureau wants me after my bachelor but I don't feel like working yet.

26 year old TA/grad student/test grader.

Security Guard at a slaughterhouse.

Just walked in off the street. I started at 20 and worked my way up from assistant, but you can go to school for it. Geomatics engineering/GIS. You gotta be comfortable being outside all day, every day - the only 'indoor' part of this job is the drive to site in the truck every morning.

Canadian SAGD oil sands operations are the cleanest in the world, despite what you've heard. There's a reason Canada is still #1/#2 in the rankings of cleanest air quality. Also, we're a carbon negative country, so we're actually helping offset your country's carbon footprint.

Pretty good, relative to other industries, but pretty bad within the oil patch. Surveying isn't understood by a lot of people, and many don't even know the job exists. We kind of get the shit end pay-wise, but we get a surprising amount of authority. I've had companies reroute entire pipelines on my recommendation - "You'll want to swing it further south, to avoid the swamps," etc. You've gotta love the job and the outdoors to stick in this profession.

I've gone on fly jobs into inaccessible, remote areas before (helicopter drops you off with your gear and a radio, picks you up at the end of the day), and yeah, we carried a pistol grip shotgun for bears and cougars. Bears are harmless if they're fed and you don't startle them. Cougars, on the other hand, will stalk you through the woods. As for getting a job, just find a surveying/geomatics company and apply. In the patch, the turn over rate for assistants is very high, so we're always looking for new guys.

Here's another pic I took a couple winters ago.

I work in a grocery store.

Post more pics

I'm googling right now but can't find anything.
Can I apply for your company? If I set up an email will you give me the names of some companies?
I don't care where in the country they are, I'm looking to move anyways.

Cleanest oil sand operation or cleanest oil operation? I thought the Saudis and the Norwegians had the cleanest oil extraction.

I work for Altus Geomatics, which is a small part of Altus Group, a world-wide conglomerate. If you're in Canada, there's Focus, Can-Am, Opus Stuart & Weir, Challenger, Quest, Precision, Velocity to name a few. Any company that has 'surveying' or 'geomatics' in their name will be what you're looking for.

I've got a few. Here's a big black wolf I saw a while back. I'm 6' tall, and his back would have been at or above my waist if I were standing next to him.

Data Cuck

>tfw am american not canadian

fug

Cleanest oil sands. Not sure where Canadian conventional oil ranks, but the environmental regulations are incredibly stringent, due to pressure from US groups, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were in the top three or five cleanest for conventional. To give you an idea of how strict the rules are, if I take a pail of water from a pond, walk twenty feet away and spill it, we've gotta call in environmentalists to test the soil. On some sites, you're not allowed to dump your coffee on the ground. It has to go into a waste disposal container.

Pic is another wolf I ran into, this one came a lot closer.

The US is the largest oil producer in the world, there's gotta be some companies around. 'Exploration' is another keyword to look for. GIS services, maybe.

Question to everyone in this thread:

Do you feel intense pressure to "make something of yourself" by a certain age?

I realize I'm spooked as fuck but as soon as I graduated aged 21 I couldn't find a job and felt like absolute shit. I immediately accepted the first full-time job I could and have hated it ever since. I read about people here aged 25 and older working minimum wage jobs and I literally don't know how you can bear it? How do you find a girlfriend with a job like that? How can you live with yourself knowing so many people years younger than you are making more money and gaining more prestige than you?

I work in an office with a bunch of companies, and the majority of the people I work with are privately educated. One of them is a 27 year old guy who is CEO of his own multi-million dollar company, and the others are all highly skilled and earning a bunch of money. The girls are cute and intelligent. They would never condescend to date a guy who is working a minimum wage job, let alone a NEET. How the fuck can you settle for that kind of thing? Don't girls view you as unambitious and pathetic?

Have you seen The Grey?

I do feel that pressure, but I'm confident I'm on the path to doing so. My job is relevant to my field and not even close to minimum wage, so it's carrying me through the last of graduate school.

I console myself with everyone else being so ahead in that I come from a small town with illiterate parents, where no one ever encouraged me to do anything beyond possibly finish high school.

My spouse sees me as too ambitious t b h. All the conferences are tedious for someone not into academia.

I worked as sales support and IT for years (a decade) in NYC and climbed the ranks. Eventually I was managing a floor of 80 people but I never made any more than 60k, and the point came where I had to be a venture capitalist or do something else. So even when you have "made something" there still is another platform to climb.

At that point my wife was in medical school and we agreed that if i wasnt pulling in 90k+ I would just stay home with the kids. I worked my ass off for the next year applying everywhere on the east coast, but I failed.

Now I stay at home with the kids, although I have been to the beach the last 20 days out of 25.

I was identifying with you as a fellow achiever who is never satisfied with his accomplishments, and able to recognize all of the things he does not know. But you dropped the ball by mentioning women as your end goal. Stop that shit.

>his entire existence is based on what women will think of him

Lmao, yes. I loved it, but I'm a sucker for adventure/survival movies (and Liam Neeson). It's pretty ridiculous, but I have a high tolerance for ridiculous shit in movies.

Another pic.

As a 26 year old NEET I feel it sometimes yes but I have no idea what I want to do and most opportunities seem closed to me. I've never really had direction though, parents never read or had good jobs, I was never encouraged to do anything and the things I did show interest in they didn't support me, in some cases they crushed it out of me so I eventually stopped caring.

You don't find a girlfriend but for some people a girlfriend isn't important. As for people younger than me being more successful, i've lost a lot of interest in life so I feel apathetic. It's good they're doing well but it means nothing to me personally.

As for how you can settle, you just sort of drift. You get one day and you feel like you want to change everything, next thing you know a year has gone by and you've done nothing. The longer you're in it the harder it is, there's also a bias against people who older. Being 26 it feels like everything is closed off for me and peopel view you differently which makes it harder to pursue.

Ambition is not inherently a good trait, I don't see why I would care what girls think.

Sorry for the blog but you asked.

aren't we all "writers?"
I'm a concierge at a hotel

Another pic. Walked about 3 KM's through chest deep snow that day.

I'm a law student, but currently some sort of NEET during my 4 and a half months holidays
(I just read all day).

I'm a 26 year-old English teacher. As a second language.

Because I'm aware that the system is heavily biased in their favour, and against me. Having lots of money would be fun, but I've no interest in it unless I'm getting it from something I'm passionate about and actually provides meaning, is generally a positive thing in the world - rather than exploiting others and sapping the world's creativity. Unambitious? I'm the most ambitious person I know. My journey is just a much, much longer one, and I have no head-starts.

I'm 26 years old, phd fag and
I'm wealthy enough to sustain myself. I have no intention to work or accomplish anything, I see neetdom as the optimal state, I just hate producing and want to consume vidya and books on my own.

How do you lose interest when there are tons of things to do? Will I suffer the same boredom? Am I just seeking the greener grass on the otherside? I'm just curious.

>how do you lose interest when there are tons of things to do?

when you are intelligent enough to recognize repeated patterns in ostensibly diverse things

>a bunch of trees and some dirt
>cool picture

good thing I'm not intelligent then.

Well, if you have wealth you might be ok but I can barely sustain myself at all. I can barely afford to buy food let alone video games.

You lose interest because there isn't tons of things to do, like I said, i have no money. You will suffer the same boredom if you can't afford experiences and spend your life viewing the world through a screen like I do. I have no friends and no family connection.

It will drive you mad if you are poor. If you're rich you will love it.

>too poor to buy video games

Nigga this is Veeky Forums and we live in the age of the printing press.
You can get weeks of reading for less than $10

My wealth comes from inheritance, I will inherit real estate enough to make me live comfy if not filthy rich, about 40-45k after tax&outsourcing the maintenance cost to some company.

I agree with this user most of the entertainment is cheap, can be found from torrents/youtube/scihub/libgen. It seems to me you don't know how to use them.

Libgen is your best friend.