Enrolled in university for physics

>Enrolled in university for physics.

What can I expect?

fat smelly white boys and asians, feminists and no research funding

Expect to feel stupid compared to the guy who can't talk to girls and doesn't shower every day.

Its worse to feel stupid compared to that one guy who doesnt try, wrecks everything, and has a healthy social life as well. Every department has one.

>showering every day
It's not optimal to shower every day, especially if you use shower gel and shampoo. There's a reason why the skin secretes oils and you shouldn't be constantly washing those away.

>and on top of that, he's cuter than you

That's me.

Honestly, you must actually be a brainlet if you don't know how to socialize. Interacting with people isn't magic; it's merely another intellectual exercise. If you can't solve this basic problem, you probably don't have the ingenuity required to solve even the most basic open questions in theoretical physics and pure mathematics.

Also, if you need to study more than about two hours a day to do well in your classes, you are a proper cuckold. But that's another story.

I take it you have a lot of friends, correct?

2 hours to do well - i give you that,

But to be a good person in the field you need at least 5 hours everyday if lucky - else the ones who do 10 hours + college will get everything in the end.

>having this much to prove on Veeky Forums

I'm not even mad but come on nigger

Just enough for my needs.
On the topic of showering, I have perfect skin, my hair doesn't get greasy with the frequency of showering and my sweat doesn't smell (well to be honest it smells nice but you'd have to have your nose really close to my armpits to notice)
What's there not to like?

>everyone is smarter than you
>people act like they already knew this shit before
>i don't understand QM, it's too much math and not enough physics
>perturbation theory
>'lol QED is easy dude, i can do compton effect cross section right now if i want to'
>10 sheets of paper wasted to solve one math physics problem
>in the end: fuck fuck fuck i still have to write this/insert this pic in my the- texstudio.exe has stopped working.
>after graduation: Now what?

>math
>studying
>massive textbooks
Also OP, go with a positive attitude and a decent work ethic. You won't end up like the majority of people in this thread.

You'll have to do some maths and overtime you'll change to that as you realise physics is just a shittier version of it.
Happened to me.

Pretty much this.

Math lets you do so much more cool shit without being constrained by the physical realm.

You know it boy. Just switched and entering 3rd year and I have NO PHYSICS classes at all.
It's pretty scary because those were always easier than the maths ones.
Oh well.

>Thinking social interaction is a problem worth spending time solving, except for absolutely bare bones necessity.

Bizarre!

this

Followed by
> I should have done engineering

Honestly, I never experienced this in college (engineer here). There were a couple of guys who were what you described who would get straight A's in sophomore classes but by the time we got to junior year and beyond, it was the smelly autists who wrecked everything.

But still, doesn't mean you need to be an autist to succeed. Those guys got the best grades, but the ones who had the healthy social life yet slightly lower grades were the ones who got into the best schools, best jobs, etc.

tl;dr no matter how smart you are, if you want to 'get ahead' you have to be likable.

>if you want to 'get ahead' you have to be likable.

Fuck. I'm an asshole.

Lol 2 hours a day, for my 7 classes, plus 3 hours per week per class for lectures so study 17 hours a day.

Honesty working 120hr weeks is about accurate for a physics degree.

Pizza parties where you all talk about science.

>There's a reason why the skin secretes oils and you shouldn't be constantly washing those away.
Optimal vitamin D absorption involves not showering for 3 days after UV B exposure.
Sufficient vitamin D absorption only requires showering for a few hours after.

>you shouldn't be constantly washing those away.
There's a reason you constantly secrete those.
Speaking of which, most of those are toxins your body is trying to get rid of.
Especially the ones that smell bad. Lo and behold! There is a reason they smell bad.

>most of those are toxins your body is trying to get rid of.
>Especially the ones that smell bad. Lo and behold! There is a reason they smell bad.
hey dipshit it's actually a byproduct of bacterial fermentation that makes you smell bad, not "toxins"

go back to lgbt you cuckold faggot homeopath

t. biochemist

>biochemist
+1, better than those inorganic fags

>doesn't try
Let me tell you a secret about 'that guy'. He's the first one to learn how to learn. Once you know that, minimal effort or max effort will get you where you want to go. Everybody else learns and forgets, but this guy just learns.

I use dove soap to clean the areas of my body that sweat the most and tend to smell. I wash my hair with shampoo that's free of sulfur compounds. I also wash y fair with this amazing french stuff that works 100x better than any acne medication I've ever used. My point is you can take care of yourself and also not smell like a horse.

>That's me.
I doubt it.

>Honestly, you must actually be a brainlet if you don't know how to socialize
>you probably don't have the ingenuity required to solve even the most basic open questions in theoretical physics and pure mathematics.
Socializing is a learned game, not some sort of intellectual barrier. Some people don't get enough practice until their 20s, and some don't get it much at all in life.

>math is better than physics because physics is just math with limitations
What a meme. You guys have obviously never personally experienced a great sense of inclusion in the Universe.

>>Enrolled in university for physics.

Physics is a terrible primary undergraduate major. Dual enroll in engineering or math or switch out.

Keep telling that yourself.

>What a meme. You guys have obviously never personally experienced a great sense of inclusion in the Universe.

>muh Enlightenment meme

This doesn't happen.

Depends on the country senpai.

It does if you learn Lisp.

a worthless degree at worst and a shit paying 9 to 5 job at best

ya fucked up, nerd

Depends on your aims. If you want to go to grad. school for Physics, Mathematics, or the more 'physics' side of Chemistry (P.Chem and many of the hybrid fields), then a Physics degree is fine.

Physics/Chemistry profs are also generally more visible/famous then Mathematics profs, so they can help you land admission to a really great grad. school program. Just do undergrad research for the famous guy in the department.

A BS in Physics is really useless though, same for Mathematics. Basically you can be a highschool teacher. Chemistry at least has options with a BS.

>Optimal vitamin D absorption involves not showering for 3 days after UV B exposure.
>Sufficient vitamin D absorption only requires showering for a few hours after.

makes sense if you're an animal licking your fur.

otherwise, i'd like to see a reference on humans.

As that guy, sorry :(
But I'm also not going to stop :^)

> it's too much math and not enough physics

>>i don't understand QM, it's too much math and not enough physics

Do you have a nice lean sixpack? Are you over 7 inches?

>abs

cuck

desu

baka

kek