Thomas Pynchon is now the author of your favorite novel. What changes?

Thomas Pynchon is now the author of your favorite novel. What changes?

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

It becomes an unreadable piece of garbage.

Nothing

I don't know. I haven't read Thomas Pynchon

The author.

The name on the cover.

>gravity's rainbow

noooothing

wrong. thomad pynchon now is not the same man as the thomas pynchon who wrote GR

Hal eats poop and falls down the ETA toilet XD

in stoner william stoner actually smokes pot and so his name is also a pun
idk what else would change but he'd probably get up to wacky hijinks and eat edith's shit

Holden still rapes Phoebe, but now, he's high

Each of the Army & Navy catalog cutouts are a dark, precisely-set anomaly in the field. Sweat gathers at his nape. He is gagged with a white wound shawl. Mr. Ramsey has engineered all the symbolism today. The shawl is the female equivalent of the Hand of Mrs. Ramsey, which Tansley used to light his way into the home: a candle in a dead man’s hand, erect as all your tissue will grow at the first delicious tongue-flick of Boeuf en Daube. The shawl is the cavity into which the skull fits, as the Lighthouse is the womb into which James returns...

Leopold Bloom gets a nose job.

5/10 elmer's paste

quality post
shitpost if written by thomas p himself (i know ur here ruggles you cheeky cunt)

Nothing, he already IS the writer

SO PATRISH

MY PENIS IS BIG AS THE SKY

Mr Compson smokes reefer non-stop instead of drinking
Benjy is obsessed with bananas instead of the smell of trees
Quentin finds massive amounts of shit at the bottom of the Charles River and is eventually killed by alligators
Caddy loses her virginity at age 11

There are two.

For the first, it becomes a story of an opium addict searching for some crazy mute American who runs around 1950's French Indochina, slapping people silly with fish, and terrorizing the locals by melting their bicycles.

For the second, Pynchon is Pynchon. Nothing changes except, perhaps, the movie rights.

As an aside, while I don't list G/R as a favorite of mine, if you do as your answer to OP's question then your favorite novel would be transformed to "Against the Day."

Pretty simple, really.

>Raskolnikov gets a nose boner just as he's about to about to kill the pawnbroker and they both end up fucking Sonya's little sister and brother all the while smoking hashish out of a kazoo, now let me take a brief moment to describe the molecular makeup of someone's shoes

Humbert and Lo's road trip now interuptted 'humorous' interludes of military people getting drunk and being assholes.

Nothing because Son & Xon is the best book ever written.

yup

Don Quixote is actually right about everything

He is in the Cervantes version too

Every time Boylan pounds Molly's prime pussy Bloom is inexpicably targeted by V2 rockets.