Do you believe that reading makes you more attractive to the opposite gender?

Do you believe that reading makes you more attractive to the opposite gender?

kek, it makes you attarctive to them as long as they're interested in it

No.

Nope. Whenever I met a girl and she read potter and or twilight I canned her.

>inb4 implying (YOU) meets girls

Seriously, only one thing worse than women, women who read shitty stuff.

Reading these days actually serves to make you more unattractive; it makes women feel inferior because they only engage in mindless activities like Facebook and Netflix. I have been on several dates where we ask the obvious question of 'What are your hobbies?', and as soon as literature comes up the tone of the date completely changes.

>24 years old now
>went on a date with a girl my age last week
>asked if she ever reads
>'Well, I read the Great Gatsby a couple of months ago but didn't really understand it'

No. My husband doesn't care whether I'm reading, much less what I'm reading. It doesn't factor in at all to how attractive he finds me.

It does, it got me prime teen pussy before.

The older you get the better teen pussy becomes.

>the opposite gender
fuck you

I'm a girl and seeing guy reading is very attractive to me as it tells me that he has his own thing going on and that he has more in his life than just trying to appeal to women or trying to fit in. My ideal guy is the kind of shy, quiet, withdrawn, dark-haired loner sitting by himself with a book who acts surprised in an innocent and nervous kind of way when I get his attention. All of my boyfriends have been like this and I've really enjoyed getting to know them individually, seeing what makes them tick, accommodating their sexual fantasies and kinks and then leaving them go when it's clear they have blossomed into masculine, mature, non-readers.

You didn't really answer the OP. Do you think it makes /you/ more attractive?

Hey I'm Asian and have dark hair. London?

I'm attractive whether I read or not. I know that sounds egotistic but I'm a girl below the age of 25 who looks after her body. I could get a boyfriend today if I wanted to.

Yes actually, Haringey.

No.
Sadly. It makes me to some an interesting person to talk to, but that's not attractiveness.

>they have blossomed into masculine, mature, non-readers.
kek

Why do you keep sidestepping the question?

Do you think it makes you /more/ attractive? Not "do you think it makes you attractive."

The only thing that makes men attractive to women is money and success. Reading is just one of many litmus tests to make sure he isnt a neckbeard growing neet

To some women I know it has. Women in general? Who cares. I only ever want to date one person at a time.

Kek, Haringey here too

It will make me more attractive to the girl I will marry.

A pretty ugly, poor and weird guy is probably more attractive if he at least has some "respectable" hobbies, interests or something. So yes, I do, but not in some "I''m rising above the average!" way; just in a "at least thats something for someone" way.

who the actual fuck grabs a mug like that? you'd burn your fingers and it is just plain savage. this chad clearly never learned from Miss Manners.

Pic related isn't even attractive. Fuck off

pls be
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

no, just like men, women only care about looks.

Not really. I personally don't think whether or not I read is what really factors into whether I'm attractive to girls

This. Plus I dont care.

Its on the same tier as "oh he wears glasses so he must be smart lol"

Why is this still a discussion?

If you see a qt reading La recherche de l'Absolut, you are interested because she's a qt!
The reading comes off as a bonus, but you'll never be attracted to a hamgalaxy reading the same thing, you'll see the book and say ''patrician'' and move on.

What a slut.

In the end it all boils down to one thing:

Are you phisically attractive ?

If yes, well then reading can get you some girls
If no, it won't.

Women won't go after an ugly beta dude just because he reads books, they'll go after the handsome or at least attractive guy who also reads books.
And can you blame them for it ? Take better care of yourself and then girls will be attracted by you reading, but only because in the first hand you appealed to them physically. You would do the same if you had to choose between a qt3.14 and a landwhale.

Plus getting in a better shape =/= getting fit, only requires a little bit of work and hygiene. Besides i think at least half of Veeky Forums is at least normal looking if not good looking, the "Veeky Forums is ugly" meme needs to fuck off already.

Im sorry if my point isn't clear, english is not my main language

This

most people who aren't really fat are at least 'non-ugly'
as long as they are hygienic and all

After like 2 minutes it's good to go like this. And it's a very useful way to drink tea while reading, it's a more steady grip and you don't have to look at it to being it to your lips.

I agree
I'll add that confidence alone can make an average person look more attractive. I started getting more and more girls the day i got fed up of others, thaught "fuck that shit" and started thinking for myself rather than thinking about how people would see me.
And im not a model, im kinda chubby actually, i just refuse to see myself as inferior, and peoples like that.

This, its all about how you carry yourself at the end of the day. Even getting fit is just window dressing.

Yes. The process of reading helps you grow more intelligent. As that girl here said, it also allows you to pursue a passion not directly related to women.

Confidence and social skills matter much more, and are more open to improvement, than appearance.

guess no

Not if you're non-white. Not if you're short. Etc.

Confidence in an attractive person comes off as bravado in a short guy.

Assertiveness in a hot guy comes off as creepy in a non-white.

Luckily I am white and cute but I have literally no charisma around people I don't know, which is pretty much everybody.

>Not if you're non-white. Not if you're short. Etc.
t. i dont know anything

Reading has made the opposite gender less attractive to me

>All of my boyfriends have been like this
why did you leave ?

we missed

Honestly, a bit of chub can be endearing on the right person, and with a good amount of confidence even hot. Goes for girls, too.

Just know what you want or at least pretend to, and maintain some degree of cleanliness. Smell good, feel good, usually, you'll get someone good.

Men don't much give a shit what a woman does as long as she's physically attractive. If she's not pretty, no amount of reading will make her so.

But I see women list babby's first philosophy and poplit on their dating profiles all the time, so I'm sure there are more than a few of them who go for various pretentious "intellectual" subculture types who will instantly cream themselves if you namedrop Sartre or Bukowski.

t. Schopenhauer

I doubt it does. It just makes them more prone to striking meaningless conversation with you while you're reading. Annoying af, desu

It tends to accentuate any latent attraction women have of you. If your a buttface, it won't do anything. If women have historically been attracted to you, then expect the puss.

Yeah, if you're already attractive

>Wow you're good looking and you read? That must mean you're smart too. Fill me with your seed.

i think it makes me less attracted to it. it works.

I do. I learned it by watching this cute English girl who was doing a year abroad at my university. We only met once and our eyes met and I think she might have been attracted to me and I never talked to her again.

my reading will help a woman get over her objections/worries/etc

the first decision will be based on looks, mannerisms, graces, charisma, etc. nut after that comes, "what if he's pretty but dumb? Is he a smart choice or just an impulsive one?"

the fact that I read books means I'm easier to explain to her friends and family, and I might even have a real job (an understandable mistake), etc.

Yes, but only to ugly girls/boys

I nominate this for a 12 minute boil - fine potential pasta material

Well...
does it make you more attractive to the same sex?
Cuz I gotta say, I never got no boipvcci talking about poetry.

Nice post, despite the fact you have a penis you really got Veeky Forums going

What if my teeth look like pic related and I'm 2poorfag to afford braces? I'm fucked and can never be physically attractive, right?

Beautiful.

9/10, can't believe how many people fell for this.

Attraction is a spook.

13, al dented -- mom's spaghetti

No, I cant say it does. I don't get any
boypuccy anyways, I live a very sad and lonely life. II'd think that talking about material things even like books can get pretty tedious for anyone. I consider material things any sort of media, so having a hobby like that probably isn't good for attracting other people's attention. Who am I even kidding though, talking about relationships with other people?. I'm a social dailure, and I don't even remember what I was talking about anymore and I can't even look at what I'm typing because the fucking text box on the screen is cut off to the side so I can't see it. Fuck this lonely world, it's just like trying to push a rock up a hill, while having annoying music like britney spears blasting inside your head, except the britney spears music represents what you feel about the futility of your life. Because not only are doing this insufferable task called living, which leaves you feeling bitter about every single possible fucking thing, but you can't get your stupid thoughts out of your fucking head. I don't even care enough to try to think of a good analogy, I want my analogy to be shit to represent how fucking lonely and forsaken and shitty my life is. How many more fucking years do I have to be alone and miserable? So no, I didn't get any fucking boy pussy. Never hAve, and probably won't until the beauty of youth has faded away and I won't want it with amy of the disgusting old people.

No, I think it just makes me look more withdrawn. Most people like social personalities. Attractive people generally look attractive doing anything, though.

>Most people like social personalities.

You'd be wrong. Plenty of women love a brooding mystery. Initially at least.

What about men?

I'm a girl and seeing guy reading is very attractive to me as it tells me that he has his own thing going on and that he has more in his life than just trying to appeal to women or trying to fit in. My ideal guy is the kind of shy, quiet, withdrawn, dark-haired loner sitting by himself with a book who acts surprised in an innocent and nervous kind of way when I get his attention. All of my boyfriends have been like this and I've really enjoyed getting to know them individually, seeing what makes them tick, accommodating their sexual fantasies and kinks and then leaving them go when it's clear they have blossomed into masculine, mature, non-readers.

>mfw I found during a date that she liked to read Hegel, Kant and le sniffy meme man
>mfw she wasn't into me

I have a thing for broody type girls but they're hard to find.

I might have less of a headache with a chill normie girl though

Not at all. because usually women aren't "mysterious" at all

Pynchon, you're old as fuck and married. Stop asking Veeky Forums weebs for dating advice

Too bad you write like a guy.

Yes, certain kinds of bookish guys follow me around frequently. But i'd say it's my breasts that do the most to persuade them to do so.

Personally I only go out with well read men though.

what book is this from?

Just rip em out bruh

Reading itself probably makes you less attractive because it's solitary, sedentary, arcane and nerdy. But presumably we're reading to build our character, intellect and understanding of the human condition; girls (and worthwhile people in general) like the intellect and maturity reading should result in.

... so basically, reading for a good reason is attractive. Reading to tick off a checklist so you can brag to people on Internet and fill your vacuous lives is .... probably not attractive.

>always remember what John Waters said

no

it would make chad from OP attractive but you need to look good already for reading to accentuate things

there's also the problem that the only women i know are from my English department so reading is not anything out of the ordinary and i'm not even that good of a student

maybe i can go wow some pygmy woman with my ability to read spirit runes but otherwise i think i'm S O L

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Gr8 b8

post feet