What books give you a lust for life and urge you to live life to the fullest?

What books give you a lust for life and urge you to live life to the fullest?

Other urls found in this thread:

cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/books/Twelve_Types.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil.

Atlas shrugged

Don Quixote

anything by Walter Scott

BK

Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa

confessions of a mask
>living for da boi puss

Torah

If that man truly felt a lust for life why then did he need not only to photograph it but to share this photograph with others? This is how spooks are born kid. Proceed with caution.

Develop further

>Implying lust for life and lust for social recognition are mutually exclusive

I understand the backlash impression management has in the facebook generation, but entirely dismissing it is as folly as letting it rule your life.

Living is keeping the absurd alive. It is a constant confrontation between man and his own obscurity. It is an insistence upon an impossible transparency. It challenges the world anew every second.

To impoverish that reality whose inhumanity constitutes man's majesty is tantamount to impoverishing him himself. I understand then why the doctrines that explain everything to me also debilitate me at the same time. They relieve me of the weight of my own life, and yet I must carry it alone.

It is essential to die unreconciled and not of one's own free will.

I would like to read one of his Waverley novels but I know very little about them. Are they worth reading?

Your thoughts or from a another autor?

-Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

good shit. Ordered it after another memester on Veeky Forums suggested it to me. It's a bit of an effort to read, but once you grasp his explanation of absurdism it is well worth the read.

Okay, will look into it. The only thing I read from Camus was "L'Etranger" back in highschool.

Cool. Stranger is next on my list. I skimmed it in high school but I'm glad to give it an actual chance this time around while knowing a bit more about Camus. Myth is good but it requires a bit of thought into understanding his arguments. You certainly don't need an autistic base with le greeks or anything, but it isn't an easy non-fiction IMO. I've only been reading about 20 pages at a time.

Do you think it'd be hard to read in French if my French isn't that great? L'Etranger and other fiction works okay but I figure a philosophical essay won't be as easy.
I assume you read it in English, how was the language though?

start with Guy Mannering. they are absolutely worth reading

others will urge it more convincingly than I can:
cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/books/Twelve_Types.txt
ctrl-F "The Position of Sir Walter Scott"

Accounts of great real life expeditions and other achievements does this for me. Pic related is a good one. Others that come to mind are Annapurna by Herzog, Thor Heyerdahl's stuff, and so on.

Forgot the pic, of course

The bible desu

Sylvain Tesson famalam

IDK about books, but Louie sure does it for me.
Shame he doesn't write to write.

If you think Nietzsche argued in favour of an 'Eternal Yea', then you glossed over, did not read, or did not understand, one of the most important passages in Thus Spoke Zarathustra.