Best Veeky Forums cure for a hangover? pls halp i think im dying

Best Veeky Forums cure for a hangover? pls halp i think im dying

A red bull, pork roll egg and cheese on a hard roll as well as plenty of water

if you already have a hangover then you fucked up
my hangovers are hell on earth and i'm usually immobilized in my bed until 8-9PM of the day after drinking

my solution is simply aspirin
get two before you get in bed after drinking
drink 1L or more of water
get up semi-early in the morning, another aspirin or paracetamol/other painkillers
get in bed for another hour or two
rise and shine

TIME AND WATER. THATS IT. DONT BOTHER EATING.

RIP in pieces user

Cold sphagheti-os and crispy bacon. Sounds fucking disgusting, works like a dream every time

It's better to use ibuprofen, it's more gentle on the liver.

Instant noodles / ramen

Add some ground cayenne pepper to give you a kick and drink all of that salty goodness liquid as well

Works for me

For me, it's got to be a fried sandwich or breakfast. Eggs, sausage, beans. Throw in whatever else. Black pudding, mushrooms, onions. Tomatoes or hash.browns. Soak all that shit up in grease and carbs. Either it'll even you out or you'll vomit, which will even you out.

guys ive drank 2 liters of water, redbull, taken aspirin, ibuprofen, vicodin
eaten canned cold spaghetti, sandwich, eggrolls, ramen, bacon, sausage, beans, cheese
my stomach feels like its going to explode and my liver is going to fall out of my anus

Fresh Ginger tea is the absolutely best.

white cider
i drank 4L last night and 1.5L so far today and i feel fine, need to sober up a bit so I can buy another few litres later on this afternoon

t. alcoholic

Good lad. I prefer to hold off til the evening, that way I don't develop withdrawals too quickly. It's pretty painful but I can get through it if I have the evening to look forward too. Doesn't always work though, in fact I'm thinking of pouring some right now. Doesn't help that my girlfriend has been at my throat all day.

Don't listen to this guy. Acetaminophen is a terrible idea while drinking. It being hepatotoxic and produces a synergistic effect when combined with ethyl alcohol. We used to tell guys to mix a gatorade and water half and half. Shit 10 cent ramen noodles. Drink the soup. If you can handle it, eat the noodles too.

Weed

This.

OP, the only cure for a hangover is time and rest. Drinking more doesn't cure it, it just masks the effects. Once the effects of the alcohol wear off, you'll be hung over again and it will likely be worse than before.

This, honestly. When I get what I consider a hangover I can't eat for several days or hold down liquids very well. Even if you don't like pot or want to get stoned, a little bit will help you get some food in your body and feel quite a bit better.

Seconded. Helps with nausea. Might inspire you to put something in your stomach

I just drink a pint of water before going to sleep. This nearly always prevents me getting headaches in the morning though I still get the woozy, tired feeling.

I'm at the point of starting too, and once I do there'll be no stopping. Do you know if something can be slow-cooked too long? It's just, if I'm going to do a stew and I start cooking at 5 pm then in 12 hours it will be 5am: neither time for me to be awake nor to eat stew. Does it matter if a stew is slow-cooked for about 6 hours longer? All on a low heat of course.

I just sleep...

Irn bru and a bacon sandwich

What cider? White ace was always a favourite of mine

Kratom

If all else fails, open a beer and sip away slowly.

Just be careful not to get fucked up again

I mean you are dieing, alcohol is a poison, and ten of thousand of people with friends and family die each year from alcohol.

what is kratom all about? Isn't it some kind of alternative liquid intoxicant used by slsavs?

No. It comes in either powder, capsule, leaf, or extract form. It comes from Southeast Asia. It's a herb used for pain and relaxation and shit. I buy it occasionally from a local vendor, it's a good way to relax when you don't have any weed. Kind of feels like a mild painkiller.

>have so little self-control that you getinsane hangovers
Fucking kiddies

>clinging to a finite life so desperately that you feel the need to moderate any of your behaviors
grow up

Asparagus, spinach, and Brussel sprouts all retain water and are good for hangovers.

drink more

>not letting your rampant alcoholism reach such an unmanageable state that it becomes a hazard to your friends and family, estranging you from them, and leaving you to die alone

what casuals

Banana milshakes OP

Trust me, they are the best for hangovers

pedialyte

Hair of the dog. The best hangover cure is either a shot of whiskey or a beer drunk slowly.

>abuse yourself to the point of sickness
>lol rulecuck
Stay gluttonous fatty.

Down a beer and go about your day like a champion.

Good luck m80

>be young
>have good genes
>start drinking at 15
>be me
I'm never hung over

You will be when you get old. I didn't start getting hangovers until my 30's. Your body eventually stops being able to handle insane amounts of booze.

I drink powdered carbo I use after workouts. 4 teaspoons per a 250ml glass of room temperature water. Works wonders. Strawberry or Pineapple flavor is the best. It's also cheap as fuck, like 5$ for a kilo and a half.

Late twenties here. I am already certain that tomorrow will be horrible.

That's what everyone says. Luckily I have a plan. Powdered Gatorade mixed into muh cocktails. It's got electrolytes man.

I used to be the same until I hit 18 or 19.

Ice cream or sherbert with a joint.

Man I cook stew in a slow cooker for 12 hours on high. You'll be fine on low. It'll still be delicious but it might get a little mushy.

Google Bullshot.
Thank me later.

That answer was a long time coming - but I'm still here. Grateful for your response. It felt like a big task, sorting the stock, dredging the meat and the rest but now it's been merrily cooking away for two hours. It will be fun to see how it turns out. My first slow-cooked meal, and it will have been processing for 48 hours. There's something uniquely satisfying about investing that much time into preparing something, when a microwave meal only takes 5 minutes. It's not even really about the flavour - though I hope that it will be something special. Maybe this is why people enjoy gardening.

>Vodka, beef bouillon and Worcestershire
You sick bastard. You probably drink Bloody Maries and egg-based cocktails too.

>fuck loads of water
>hot soup, ramen is fine
>ibuprofen
>bacon and egg sandwich
>fuck loads more water
>pickles + pickle juice

Pot, hydrocodone, codeine, oxycotin, xanax, or valium could all help too if you have access to any one of them. Otherwise if all else fails have a couple beers and try again tomorrow.

Obviously a Prairie Oyster.

>>fuck loads of water
>>fuck loads more water

This is really half the battle. If you ca, me back drunk from a party before bed drink like 1 liter of water and also keep water next to your bed. That alone should reduce the hangover on the next day by around 45%.

I find water with a bit of lemon juice and sugar is even better.

water, some gateraid greasy food and more booze.

I try to drink 8 ounces of water per shot. Yes 8, so 10 shots is 80 ounces. Then per 10 shots a thing of gateraid (really anything salty works, pickle juice, olive juice, chicken bullion, etc, salt helps a lot) Then when I wake up I take some painkillers, have a ton more water, and eat protein and calcium, typically a cheeseburger. If you're so hung over you feel nauseous, dont eat, just drink fluids.

The science behind a hangover is a combination of dehydration and sodium potassium ion pumps is your brain not working well. Thus the cure is lots of water, lots of salty foods, and potassium and calcium.

These steps reduce my hangovers by 75-90%

just drink more in the morning op. /thread

skip a meal and then have a mono meal of watermelon.

shit is life itself, guarantee u wont regret.

Weed then pho then beer

its worthless get drunk

>Best Veeky Forums cure for a hangover? pls halp i think im dying
What I do if I go drinking is try to drink a glass of water inbetween each drink
On the way home, I might get a Coke or sweet tea, maybe even a McGriddle.
When I get home:
Bedime:
bottle of smartwater or gatorade before bedtime
a pepcid/tagamet and a antiacid
Morning:
Oatmeal, another antiacid, a banana, sweet tea (not coffee) and nothing acidic

I do not do Tylenol since it's liver metabolized, but I might do an ibuprofen or Aleve

oxycodone and mcds breakfast with extra hashbrowns or chinese buffet

also costco

I don't get hangovers very often but when I do my go-to is Advil, a shit ton of water, a nice shower, and something easy on the stomach like toast (my personal favorite is honey on toast) or soup. Occasionally if my nausea is really bad I'll drink some ginger ale or sprite.

A redbull and some eggs.

Water and Excedrin, anything else is a meme and people going on about greasy food are underage and have never been hungover.

bacon sandwichs

>48 hours

Enjoy your soup faggot

Maybe I like soup, shitbird. Besides, could you read then you would know that the first 24h was in refining the stock. The subsequent 12-24 is the low-heated stew.

My stomach gets so fucking raw I can't even do most of this shit. I can't consume food/liquid easily.

But the other night after a day of being too sick to drink I heard some alien screech and pounding on my door while I tried to sleep. I just accepted the stomach pain to avoid schizophrenic waking nightmares

If you can sleep/eat/drink or pick something up without trembling uncontrollably, be happy. The worst is yet to come

I know well the feels of alcohol psychosis

>Delirium tremens

Stop fucking drinking lad.

Taper off with beer over the course of a week.

Nothing wrong with what you did at all, user, ignore that faggot. Long simmering stocks provide a unique depth of flavor and nutrition by pulling the marrow from the bone. Then, slow cooking a tough cut of meat with vegetables and that stock, will really be exceptional. I like to use beef shanks for the meat because I can root in the center of the bone for globs of marrow. Plus, they're fucking delicious.

My only problem is, I have to have a glass of any form of alcohol handy the whole time I'm cooking, or I have no motivation to do it.

Hee~
It's still going on. I had to lock my kitties out though. I put my slow-cooker in the back bedroom, silly as that sounds, because one of them was sniffing round it. Can't blame her though since it smells super delicious. I would normally put it on the surface but I don't want one of them to knock it off and spoil it or eat it or causa a fire hazard or something

Hashbrowns + whatever cheese you want shredded or crumbled + diced chicken + seasoning for a fajita is my go to easy hangover cure. I drink a few beers and some coffee while I cook and eat it, take some aspirin, then smoke a joint or two and I'm good for the day.

I dunno about curing a hangover, but I know the best way to prevent them is stop drinking.

DEMIAN SHOOK!

fuck guys I never get hangovers but fucking suffered all day today. I drank 1.5 liter of wine. more than I usually drink but not insane, and it was friday. woke up at 10:30, couldn't get out of bed until 2:30, splitting headache. Ate 3 slices of pizza and went and bought four new tires and passed out at discount tire waiting. went back home and immediately projectile vomited a bunch of pizza and water. felt a little better and slept off and on until 9. Now that its 9 o clock at night and I've almost wasted my whole day, I feel OK. I forgot how much hangovers suck, not sure what brought this one on.

blogpost over

>projectile vomited

Dude, that's like when I was 18. How old are you? I haven't vomited from alcohol in probably 20 years at least. That's seriously weak.

Sure I gag and retch when I brush my teeth in the morning, but I don't vomit.

I usually take a good shit and feel great afterwards,

If you drink enough alcohol you will vomit. It isn't about being a man or your constitution, it's biology (and not necessarily a bad thing).

Food, drink, pills

Easy shit

my friend who regularly consumes 15+ drinks a night told me to drink 2 big cups of water with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp salt dissolved in it BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. Preventing a hangover is better than trying to cure a hangover

>1/2 cup sugar
yikes, bad one
your body is dealing with the esentially high sugar that is that alcohol. Sugar isn't one of the electrolytes you need

This can also be substituted with a much more palatable Gatorade. It'll have all the sugar and salts.

Like every other psychoactive substance you consume, your body develops an understanding and tolerance of it.
Which is why I would throw up after a quarter fifth of vodka when I was 15, and now I can drink an entire liter by myself without issue.

>Best Veeky Forums cure for a hangover? pls halp i think im dying

If you're not praying for death, you're not really hung over.

1. Don't drink so much next time, asshole
2. Why didn't you have a quart of Gatorade by your bed the whole night? Get up to pee, drink 1/4 of the bottle. VERY IMPORTANT. Or use Pedia-Lyte. Or just hammer plain water overnight.
3. HELLO HANGOVER
What I'd do if the room has stopped spinning is prepare some bacon cooked soft and some nice soft eggs (cooked in the bacon grease for extra points) along with some soft toast. Eat SLOWLY. Continue praying to the God of your choice. Sip water. Take it easy. Take a fucking nap on the couch watching ESPN.

Yeah, that was really my point that he was responding to, although I didn't make it as well as you did.

Another drink

at the moment my branch of lidl which is 30 seconds away has been stocking frosty jack's for 2.49 for 2L
used to stock scimitar for 1.79 for 2 litres, back in the day
only 4 and a bit hours til i can re-up on cans
if you are as desperate as me then you can buy isopropanol hella cheap on amazon but youll get a 24h peach flavoured hangover

The chicken noodle soup from Tim Hortons cures my hangover literally in between the first and second bites. It's a miracle. However they changed the recipe so idk if it still works :(

>eating on opiates
Its amazing, the more desperate to sound cool you fucknuggets get the more inexperienced you reveal yourselves to be

So you've never been hungover then?

>isopropanol
I know youre just a stranger that I'll never meet, but seriously, never drink that shit again. Its not even the same chemical as drinking alcohol. Please, user.

you have no fucking clue about anything

I'll eat a fucking gourmet breakfast on 15 hits of xtc you pussy

no, you're fucked. next time don't be a dipshit and just chug a ton of water before you go to sleep. no matter how drunk i am, if i drink two full pint glasses of water before i go to bed, i NEVER have a headache in the morning. i may still feel kind of "floaty" or dizzy so i wouldn't say it completely cures the hangover, but without the headache, those parts aren't bad at all

tfw you've been on ck since the 90's and realize OPIATE is the best tripfag in this godforsaken mcdonalds and alcoholics anonymous forum

lots of water and proper food

dont worry dude ive only done it when ive fallen on hard times
i think a lot of times people get it confused with methanol where even a single shot will kill you, but if you were to drink that (or anti-freeze) they'd give you IV ethanol at the hospital
i drank 200 fl oz of beer last night and ive got this weird ringing in my ears but i can buy more beer in 10 miuntes

Just had my handover cure, though it doesn't work instantly: fried egg, beans, sausage and onion in a bap. Brown sauce and ketchup. A cup of lemsip.

I did a fifth of vodka and a few lines of coke last night

Im not hungover. Blood is going a little fast

Get off the ride op

Oh, pickle juice.

>Since the 90s

Some tums or pepto if you've got nausea, if you can keep down food something light for your stomach and tons of water, gatorade is also good as you're likely dehydrated as shit.

Drink lots of coffee/caffeine. It's basically one of the only "hangover cures" that actually has an effect.

Also, don't take Tylenol/acetaminophen (potential liver damage). Ibuprofen is probably better (though I would take only 1 pill if it's extra strength).