Does anyone else sometimes get random cravings for canned sardines?

does anyone else sometimes get random cravings for canned sardines?

Yes, I ate 2 cans yesterday.

Smoked fish might be one of humanity's greatest achievements, and canned sardines are one of the cheapest examples of it.

my cravings are pretty much constant. send help

I always have at least 5 tins on hand for just such an occasion.

I eat these fuckers pretty much constantly.

I love em in mustard sauce

NO

Sardines in hot peppers and Triscuit is one of my favourite snacks.

who /deenz/ here?

I will stock up on them and eat them as a meal.
I found a brand that has these jumbo sardines that are amazing.

I've never had canned sardines.
Can I just buy a tin and eat it right then and there?

Yes, I have eaten these constantly for years. I also eat canned smoked oysters a lot.

You could, but if you've never had them I wouldn't recommend it. Just eat them on crackers breh

what brand pls ty

Best brands: King Oscar, Crown Prince, Cento

Brands mean little as long as they descale the little bastards properly.

I love sardines.

King Oscar's Tiny Tots are the greatest sardines of all time. OF ALL TIME!

>Brands mean little
I have not found that to be the case with sardines.
Also brisling sardines are best sardines.

I'll have to try those, heard good things.

I saw this thread earlier today. It is why I bought my first ever tin. Now I am using the internet.

Here's how you do it

Drain the oil from a can or sardines
Add thinly sliced lemons
Minced garlic
Capers
Crushed Chili
Top with highest quality extra virgin olive oil
Broil for ten min

Pretend you are in sunny Barcelona as you eat it

no, they taste like rotten fish

how can anyone eat this crap?

I can't tell if people in here are being serious or not. I canned sardines were a long living ironic joke ever since I was a kid. You guys actually crave eating an animal from a can?

It's a brand called Polar and the sardines come in a tomato sauce in an large oval can.
There can be from 3 to 4 in each can and they are large and delicious sardines.

>Drain the oil from a can or sardines
Don't do this for every can. Some cans use some really tasty seasoned oils that can be eaten with bread.
Starkist gourmet selects sardines has some amazing extra virgin olive oil in theirs that's fantastic.

This is the GOAT of sardines

>rotten
Stick to the big macs.

>get a tin
>start eating one
>i don't even like fish
>throw it all out

I like seafood though

they are really breddy gud, you can just eat them with some bread and they taste breddy gud and are healthy. I also thought they were some oldschool shitty spam-tier shit growing up and seeing them in cartoons, but after going to portugal I realized that sardines are a good meme.

make sure you buy sardines in olive oil and make sure they are italian or portuguese or spanish (in that order)

>eating disgusting pig from the ocean
Good luck with that

LMAO Spam is 100x better than your best can of rotten fish packed in pure virgin olive oils

My roommates have always hated tinned fish (like every roommate I've had in the past 12 years), but my parents loved it, so I had a huge affinity for it. Now I'm super self-conscious about eating it in the house, since they say it lingers a really long time.

Feels bad, man.

You just wished someone good luck with eating lobster. That's like wishing someone good luck driving their new mercedes

Lol

I don't do sardines, but I do get cravings for anchovies...

Pigs are delicious

The cockroach of the sea

What's the best example then?

I never heard that joke before.

Sweet smoked salmon imho

but doesn't that open you up to being the victim of a hate crime?

Crimes are not committed out of love

Any good eastern european brands to look out for? Going to a ruski store tomorrow.

Had em fresh in Portugal. Off the boat, onto an oildrum BBQ, brsued with olive oil, sprinkled with salt then served with a basic salad, hunk of coarse brown bread and glass of local wine. 2 euros for 5 sardines. Bloody lovely.

mfw I live in Western Australia now and most of the sardines here are used as bait!

brushed*

SARDINES + BROWN RICE + HOT SAUCE

MY GOD...

also, I buy king Oscars packed in water and they are perfectly delicious, don't need oil unless the quality of the dine is poor

THIS

i feel like im being trolled by this entire board

I remember a bodybuilding buddy opening a can and slapping it out of the can on two slices of plain white bread

I thought i was gonna be sick. The smell

are sardines good for body building?

Yes, like a fattier tuna.

Yes. Delicious goodness. Whats not to love?

I don't think I ever had sardines.
I do love me some mackerel in spicy tomato sauce; or pickled herring with homemade tartar sauce.
How do sardines compare to mackerel?

>are sardines good for body building?
Supposedly good for health with the omegas, not just the fish protein and calcium from the bones. Alton Brown was downing them in his "diet" episode to explain why he looked like someone with AIDS after all the speculation about his weight loss and strange behavior. His diet episode had some weird superfood combinations completely contrary to someone who had built their career on good eating, good recipes, common sense and everything else. I still think AIDS myself, or maybe some quadruple bypass scare like Dave Letterman had.

sardines with a cup noodle would be my staple breakfast for a while, squirt some lime into your sardines and pt it in cup noodles too
mix a can of sardines with an avocado, salt and pepper olive oil and lemons scramble it for a sick spread

I've had double smoked salmon made North Atlantic fish that ate a diet of almost exclusively herring. That shit was amazing. Smoked Pacific black cod is also way off the chain. The sable from Russ and Daughters is no slouch, either.

But I love it all. I'm almost as happy with a smoked mackerel or herring. Even a tin of sardines is fine by me.

All the fucking time. Smoked herring too.

dumb user here, do they contain bones and bowels? they are so small

The bowels are removed as are most of the bones but they often leave the spine in and a few tinier bones that dissolve when chewed.

Could be vitamin deficiency. I bought a huge thing of non iodized salt once and while i was working through it I got cravings for Japanese food cause the seaweed and fish and kelp and all that has a bunch of iodine.

I love them. I usually eat them on Saltines.

Anchovy stuffed green olives are also bomb.

I'd eat them indiscriminately until I kept finding females. Three females and one male made me not want to eat them anymore. Those eggs do not feel right.

do you eat the scales also?

no

You can, yeah

But a lot of companies take the skin off

My favorite are on crackers with malt vinegar

What's a good smoked fish in a can?

>not liking foods
lol

anything but smoked salmon

smaked salmon is the most pleb smoked fish ever created. Literally my aunt's from the countryside ''''''''''''''''''''''''''fancy''''''''''''''''''''''' food

Wrong. I smoked some fresh wildcaught sockeye and canned it myself this summer. Absolutely the best canned fish I've ever eaten, bar none. I thank the gods that I canned 24 pints, so I'm stocked up for a while.

Anyone else /sardineseveryday/? Been having two cans a day here and no regrets

Love sardines
Recently tried these and i think i like 'em even more than sardines, sprats in oil

cool, never even heard of these. i'll look out for these.

BORN SINNER, THE OPPOSITE OF A WINNER REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO EAT SARDINES FOR DINNER

these are dank as fuck, but also slightly weird tasting. I really like them on crackers with roasted tomatoes, but I have to have some pickles on hand to get the weird taste out of my mouth now and again

pic related, it's my opinion of them

thanks, boys. I've been grabbing mexican sardines in a strange pepper sauce recently that are decently sized, until I realized that my local grocery store has raw ones. I fry them up and put them straight down my disgusting throat.

I once stuck a few cans of these opened in the ceiling tiles of my old high school. God, I hope they're still there.

?

Tell me a basic recipe for these. I only eat them in crackers and I got them since they are healthy but not with crackers.

I did some with avacado and home made mayo. Was very good. But basic still.

They're rich in fat so I like to combine them with acid for contrast. A good redwine vinegar or lemon dressing, along with leeks, jalapenos and grated garrot is goat.

Love them on cornbread crackers with a slice of fresh tomato and spicy brown mustard.

>basic
Fisherman's eggs. Mashed up and mixed with onion and peppers in an ovenware and the crack some eggs over and cook until eggs are how you like. Eat on toast

>healthy
Put some green shit on them, I don't know

Tell me more

More about sprats

R I G A S P R A T S
I
G
A

S
P
R
A
T
S

These

All the time, like getting the ones in water, think King Oscar is the brand, then I pour vinegar and evoo ontop them and just devour.

>go to the store for buying meal fixings
>come back with $40 fucking dollars of canned sardines, kippers, oysters, and octopus
[spoiler] It was fucking worth it [/spoiler]

I have 12 cans of them in my pantry.

I fry them in their own oil with onions and garlic, and serve them on top of fried eggs with scallions on toasted rye

FUCKING GOAT