What's the best way to cook chicken breast?

What's the best way to cook chicken breast?

I've never cooked before and I'm scared

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=778827byReA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're buying boneless skinless be sure you marinate it for at least overnight, that will break it down a bit. I cut it into chunks and use it for curry. You can also pound it and stuff it with vegetables and cheese.

It's cheap so that's nice but I generally don't buy them since they're so dry. I prefer to buy tenderloins on manager's special. I'll buy all of the discounted packs and freeze them for later use. They're much better.

cook it flamin' yon on a grill

microwave for 6 minutes

Brine
Butterfly
Medium high heat
4 minutes each side

easiest way for a complete amateur:

>set oven to 350F
>get a baking sheet
>put aluminum foil on it
>put salt and pepper on the chicken
>bake for 20-30 minutes, depends
>eat or cool it and put it in a salad or something

en roulade

youtube.com/watch?v=778827byReA

marinate and steam it

throw a couple on top of the rice in your rice cooker and throw in some seasonings.
Cook rice normally. The boiling water and steam will cook the chicken.
It will be rubbery in consistency, but hey, its healthy-ish and takes zero effort.

Marinate/spice it up
Flatten that shit out
Fry it up in butter/olive oil
Take it out, deglaze the pan, maybe add some chicken stock
Pour that delicious sauce on top of your chicken, maybe serve over some fluffy white rice

Wa-lah

BSCB needs to be poached

mix with squats and oats.

I have to main ways of using a chicken breast:

1. Faux Pho

I get some fake pho broth going, either from a cube or from some spice mix, sometimes even from some leftover chicken wings or something.

Get it to boil with some spring onions inside.

Boil some noodles. I don't care what kind.

Cut the chicken into thin slices and put on top of the noodles in a bowl, nicely spread out.

Pour boiling broth on top of the thin slices of chicken and noodles and let it sit for a while.

An egg dropped into the boiling broth for the last 40 seconds is a good idea too.

BAM, done.

The second way is usually a basic wrap:

Chop up that chicken into rough cuboid thingies.

Same goes for onion and bell peppers. And anything you would like in your wrap that you found in your fridge, maybe some mushrooms? Garlic? whatever.

Start with the onions and the bell peppers in a wok until they start being soft and maybe even getting a slight char, get that chicken in. Season however the fuck you want.

Work it until ready.

Some greens like a lettuce could be cool for the wrap.

A sauce can be anything. I like a bit of sour cream mixed in with cayane pepper and tumeric or some indian shit like that.

Wrap that shit up. Eat. Done.

Dear user, welcome on the wild adventure of what is called cooking, but do not fret as you are in good hands here. You made a wonderful choice of choosing chicken breast as your first own cooked meal, I commend you on this. I'm here to help and so are probably many others here on Veeky Forums. Do not be intimidated by the slabs of chicken breast, look at them as your friend that will soon be in your stomach. Are you the type the likes tendies? How do you normally like your chicken breast prepared? Chicken breast is wonderful because you can do oh so much with it or even enjoy it broiled plain, believe it or not! Please provide how you normally favor your chicken breast or any ideas you may personally have, I'm sure others and myself will be able to help you.

Forgot to mention you should baste that motherfucker. Fucking love basting.

Don't want to hijack OP's question, but on a side note, I have a whole chicken breast defrosted in a fridge, forgot all about it. Have an open container of Pomi tomatoes too, what can I do with it? I have a kitchen cabinet full of spices, turmeric, ras al hanut, cumin etc. thinking of preparing it Indian style if possible. I don't have any prepared curry, any ideas guys? I'm thinking a chicken tikka somehow with the basics I have in my spice cabinet and using yogurt in the tikka masala and of course I got a monster size basmati bag of rice.

do you have fresh ginger and garlic? onion? if so it sounds like you're all set for a curry

No ginger, but have garlic and onion. Looked up some recipes online, I think I'll go for it anyway and use the greek yogurt. Oh well, I'm sure it'll come out ok without fresh ginger.

Yeah it sounds like you have everything you really need. Post results if you aren't too shy. Don't forget to add some veg if you have any

What type of veggies would go and how should I prepare them? In the tikka masala sauce?

OP ignore all the plebes ITT
A true chef always serves his chicken medium rare.

Congrats you fell for the meme. Should have bought it on the bone if wanted a proper meal.

I learned this from ck

>preheat over to 450
>take breast, if really big pound it out for more even cooking
>cover both sides in olive oil, season with whatever
>throw in oven, 10 minutes take it out and flip then another 10 in the oven then it ready for eating
>wa la

Been making it this way for a while and its always JUICY. Just had some seasoned with just plan all spice and cayenne with a side of mushrooms and squash with soy sauce on the veggies.

Marinade/brine if you want. just preference.

Just boil.
Pot. Water. Breasts submerged fully. Vegetables. Spices, not too much. 60-90 minutes after boiling on low to medium heat. Pour oil or sauce on before devouring.

pound it flat. Wrap it around butter and parsely. Chill to firm. Bread it, fry it, finish in oven.

don't do this. it will be the most bland piece of garbage you've ever had

put some oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and whatever other spices you want in a bowl and mix it up. slice the chicken so you have two thin flat pieces per breast, and put them in the marinade. cover both sides, then take a fork and stab that meat until it looks like sasha grey at the end of a scene. make sure it's really covered with seasoning, it will look better and have a much better texture once it's done.

put a frying pan on medium heat and cook, around 5 minutes per side. serve with rice or vegetables or whatever

people seem to like cutting the chicken into small bite sized pieces before cooking it, but i think you can get a much juicier final product if you cut it after. the small pieces cook way faster and no matter how evenly you cut it you'll have some pieces that cook faster than others

Bake it for a specified amount of time and use a cooking thermometer to make sure it's done. Or just cook it how you want and still use a thermometer to make sure it's safe to eat.

People who have never done it before should not fuck with it without gauging temperature for safety.

10 mins in the 'wave brah

Throw it in the trash and get chicken thighs instead

bread it and bake it