Are any of you guys pathetic enough to actually use this?

Are any of you guys pathetic enough to actually use this?

I USE IT AS IN READING THE REVIEWS BUT I DO NOT WRITE REVIEWS

that's acceptable

I use it to look at opening hours, contact information, and pictures of the food.

Reviews are worthless.

VERY GOOD

I regularly use it to destroy the reputations of small business owners that have slighted me. You can literally go on there an lie about your experience if you don't like your fag waiter. It's an amazing service

This

If a menu isn't available online sometimes people post pics of the menu, which is helpful.

Anyone remember Indian food truck guy? The guy that claimed he had a PhD and that he was going to sue the food truck because they accidentally gave him meat? Man, whatever happened to him?

I've never written a review and I don't use it to judge whether or not I should go to a place

The only time I use yelp is when I check on the reviews at my own place of work (which isn't in the food industry)

The reviews are usually pretty funny actually. There are a few negative reviews that my coworkers and I love to look at and laugh yet.

I use it to see if there's new restaurants nearby.

Those peeps are doing god's work.

I only bother to write a review when I had a negative experience

I use it all the time to explore restaurants in the area when I'm traveling, or learn about new things in my area. That said, I don't give the star system that much clout, I generally use it for guest photos to understand what kind of place I'm walking into.

I'll review if I have a regular restaurant that I really love that I feel deserves the love. I have written a negative review about a place I used to really like that ended up having a significant change in recipe and customer service after a management change, but I didn't try to use it to get anything free or hold it over anyone's head.

I use it and I always check into every restaurant i go to
to make sure people know I actually been there

Man you have no idea, I used to work at a computer store and when someone left a complaint the owner would go and leave a reply calling them idiots and calling them stupid even though they had legitimate complaints, that computer store is probably the worst one I have ever worked at.

I leave a Google review for businesses I really really like, because it helps them for SEO.

Yes

I enjoy browsing Yelp for my favorite places and flagging the negative reviews. I have a 100% rate of getting them removed. One woman was ranting about the government and another just said it sucked, end of review. Those aren't helpful or even on topic so it feels good to police them and get them thrown out.

Food was cold and had bugs in it
Waiter and staff was very nice though
4/5

>He does it for free

Seven years ago I was Yelp Elite. I did enjoy going to some of the events. But as someone who really only cares about the food I got seriously tired of the tendency among most Yelpers to celebrate places for being cute, trendy or overly precious. I haven't written a review or visited the site in almost five years.

Collierville?

What is this, like they have Yelp Cons or something?

Restaurants looking to boost their popularity host Yelp Elite events with free food and drinks to show the place off. For me it was a few fun nights out at places that were a little trendier than I would normally choose to go to.

to find restaurants, yes. i mostly just look at the pictures though to see if their shit looks good, i don't really read the reviews, which are usually pretentious or are incredibly detailed, one-sided accounts of how a server was rude to them one time. they always make themselves out to be saints that didn't deserve it too

I made a page for the snack stand at my local pool. It's an unhygienic overpriced hellhole staffed by a few of my friends so I figured it'd be fun to shill the hell out of the place to make their lives hell.

Ended up turning the idea back on itself though, and writing reviews with fake profiles based off people who come to the actual pool. I'm just waiting to see if anyone notices that they're reading a review that's based off themselves.

Now that it's winter though I've also been throwing tons of poor reviews at the thing. Stuff like "3/5 I know the pool's closed but I wish you were still open because I'd enjoy the food." Friend wants to send the yelp page to the owner once we drive down the place's rating just to freak the guy out.

Nah man, I'm from Melbourne, Australia

Can you link the Yelp page of the computer store? I wanna kek at the owner harassing people online.

For some reason unprofessional behavior is a topic of extreme comedic value to me.

I like to look at the pictures of food
Not always the best way to tell if a place is good but it's better than reviews

It aint a yelp but it's a google reviews, here's a screenshot of the best of all of them

The rest of them were just the owner telling people they were idiots and that they aren't welcome in the store

In fact the first thing I was told to do by one of the other guys who worked there was "look up the reviews for this place, it's so bad it's funny"

This, only acceptable method of use along with utilizing database of places in a given area.

No way.

OpenTable is #1

Then Eater

Collierville TN?

I write reviews but always include pictures of the food if I do. It's a great service to use to gauge the quality of the food at any given time and day. Suffice to say, if the food looks subpar and the rating is average at best I won't go.

I only write reviews for things like city parks and stores. I won't do it for restaurants because I don't want a waiter to ID me by remembering my order in the review and then spit in it next time I go because I only left 3 stars instead of 5.

>look at the pictures though to see if their shit looks good
This. I once was so close to going to a 4/5 star mexican restaurant near my campus for a quick lunch but one look through the pictures provided on yelp and I saved myself from eating shredded american cheese on a disappointing greasy taco.