Can someone describe me the taste of the In-N-Out sauce in detail?

Can someone describe me the taste of the In-N-Out sauce in detail?

its basically just russian dressing

Its literally Thousand Island dressing with a bit more vinegar/lemon juice.

thousand island dressing

thousand island dressing with lots of relish

thousand island dressing

It's like a cow had diarrhea at the perfect moment.

Why do burger places always rename thousand island dressing as their own sauce?

I don't know why they would make it sound special, new and different.

Terrible marketing, I suppose.

Big Mac sauce is not thousand island dressing, contrary to popular belief

in n out doesnt really qualify with that though they just call it burger sauce which is pretty generic. they'll even hand it out in giant ass packets if you ask for it
plus its not exactly like thousand island even though its close. Those prudes that actually ask for thousand island would be disappointed with the sauce they give

It is thousand island basically, but, the stuff you put on salad is runny and loose. It tastes like that but is much richer/creamier and thicker than thousand island, maybe thicker than ketchup even. They also mix diced pickles into it which again makes it not quit come across the same.

You can ask for spread packets (it's just called "spread") standalone to really analyze the sauce if you're there and don't normally get the chance to have in n out. If you live around one it's rather mundane, it is just fast food after all. However it definitely is a certain kind of craving, it is very different than other burgers, I could peg that taste instantly.

For those who haven't had it it's salty, but what really makes it nice is that the bun is toasted, so basically it's always a crispy experience. Something about the oil they use and the way they cook it make the burger almost vaguely nutty-tasting, as in like a peanut or something, and the cheese doesn't seem special but somehow I note it mentally whenever I have in n out, "this meat and cheese is so fucking good mm". The meat is also what makes it different, there is very much a kind of "generic burger meat taste" you can find in kirkland patties from Costco, various diners etc and In n Out isn't that taste at fucking all. Once you start having options like grilled onion, whole grilled onion etc you find more to these things than first impressions give.

Is this pasta?
Wtf

No, someone asked for a detailed description and I gave it. I went into describing In n Out period because I figure if someone doesn't know the sauce's taste they don't know what makes this shit a big deal period. I'm just trying to say, it isn't really the sauce that does it, it's a bunch of little quirks combined that make it different.

Not everything longer than two sentences is pasta, christ almighty.

No they don't. They call it spread, as someone that actually gets extra "spread" I don't think you have even ever had in n out.

thanks

I make a little hole in the spread packets and dip my fries in it :3

I thought he was taking about what the line cooks in the kitchen call it? When I worked in a burger kitchen we had all sorts of nicknames for stuff on the menu.

well thats even more generic and further proving my point

For what purpose?
>>
I recently tried a California classic in California, where it isn't on the menu but has a button the register.

It's not in n out, it's cheaper and has the same ingredients but holy shit was it bad.

More generic then you having actually had any?

>where it isn't on the menu but has a button the register.
How do you know this? You just start working there or something?

i watched the person behind the counter slap a single button to order it then after the transaction was over asked if it was on the big sign as I couldn't find it up there.