370 billion USD and not a single use case

370 billion USD and not a single use case.
Crypto hasn't solved a single problem. And yet, everyone is screaming for a trillion dollar marketcap.
This shit is so overvalued, it's not even funny anymore.

Attached: 104991578-GettyImages-861660314.530x298.jpg (530x298, 20K)

nice pasta kek
>what the fuck your say to me you little bitch?

Nice argument. It's also not a pasta, brainlet.

derivatives dont solve anything either.

>not a single use case

Someone come get their little retarded brother off their computer

Tech in general (including the stock market) is generally overvalued. You don't invest in the "value" of tech companies. You invest in potential. When a company raises $5M at a $100M valuation, they aren't valued at $100M because of their current offerings or balance sheets. They're valued at $100M because they have the potential to scale quickly with little to no overhead. This is the world of software. If you think that "muh not a single use case" is a valid argument right now, you're just wrong. The reason these """companies""" (tokens) are valued so highly is because of their potential. Trust.

You strike me as someone who looks at a project and goes "Wow this has so much potential, and it can do almost anything. I had better buy it now even though their Alpha isn't done in 2 years. Oh but wait they have no working wallet, and their coins function is soooooo good because my favorite youtuber told me this coin is good. I better buy 2000 of them."
Jesus man were u dropped?

>He thinks market cap is an indicator of how much money is in crypto

u got a lot to learn son

Attached: AA66BEDE-88EA-4D79-891F-C5E409233816.png (642x700, 143K)

Try to move more than 10 grand to another country.

Then tell me crypto does not have a use.

you're right for now but OMG is going live soon so...

unironically this

>not a single use case
Buying drugs online. Theft ("tax) evasion. Paying for your child slaves and assault weapons. Other illicit trade.

Attached: monero chan.png (1000x1416, 409K)

I moved 10k in Jan and am going to have to move another 30k in the next few weeks. It literally cost me 0.0034p more than the official exchange rate and no transaction fee. and the money is completely traceable in case things go tits up also pretty easy to set up. I can't imagine crypto being much easier or cheaper if I am honest.

Unironically made a 10k euro sepa transfer last week. Took one day with no fees.

Yeah, ok. Monero is an exception, I forgot.

>move $10K worth of crypto, worth $7K by the time it transfers
>the absolute state

Now try to move money out of South Africa

Its gonna end in a massacre

Shitposting this hard.

Why does this thread have responses?

Where the fuck are you banking? Korea -> US and back is absolute shit.

Energy tokens will solve a big problem.

SNC will launch fully working energy trading platform in April. There are a bunch of other great ones too. Power ledger, restart energy, wepower, etc

Wrong

>1 day
>fast

Who the fuck said anything about Korea? it's just GBP/EUR

Also anything above like 500£/$/eur you don't do with a bank but with a speciality forex companies. Then again I am doing it for my biz so your exchange rate might be slightly worse.

>europoor
>get ass raped by high taxes and regulations
>currency designed by (((them))) and propped up by German cucks
>muh Sepa transfer is so cheap and quick

Because selling BTC, getting hit with AML and KYC, then withdrawing is so much faster? Maybe your bank will call you to ask where that money came from.
lmao. Crypto is a meme and only good for DNMs and money laundering.

You okay buddy? I'm just a guy starting a business trying to make a good life for myself. Also sharing my experience transferring normal currency to and from a different country :)

Now tray and cashout that crypto in a foreign country using local bank and your new nonresident bank account...
Pro tip... you can't...

>Crypto hasn't solved a single problem.
I use it all the time to transfer money internationally. It's way cheaper than using bank wire transfers or Western union.

tell that to all the mexicans and indians sending money to their families you brainless mongoloid

That's all fine and dandy, but that's not a solution that the vast majority of human beings will ever need in their lifetime.

There is no solution -so far- that applies at a average person level that drives use and growth of cryptocurrency. Now, if you want to neckbeard over there being no uses at all, that's pointless, but the overwhelming reality is that there is no widespread adoption of crypto in any significant sense. If anything, it's dying a slow death of 1000 cuts, with entities like Steam dropping support, and banks making it harder to buy in.

I know this is pointless, because too many people here are too emotionally invested in being right, and they're willingly in denial, but as someone who's interested in crypto but has no real investment in it, from the sidelines here, the future right now looks pretty stagnant.

That's not to say nothing could happen in the future to change the reality, but right now, Bitcoin is dying, slowly. It can't even sustain over 10k, and it's botted to hell. The exchanges were a brief spark of light with margin trading, but that's being swarmed by the botters and scammers too, and slowly being suffocated.

I see Bitcoin and current crypto tech as the Creative Labs of crypto. They brought one of the more popular MP3 players to the market, but they were surpassed and left behind with the rise of the iPhone. The iPhone of the crypto world hasn't been invented yet. One of the alts may be it. Or not. But it's not around yet, I think the tech and the form of crypto that brings it truly mainstream is a ways out - it's coming, but not for a decade or so. But the pioneering has to happen, and that's what we're seeing now. But very little of what's current now, will survive.

That's my feeling, anyway. I've been around long enough to see the adoption of most new technologies, and my gut feeling is we're still very much in the early days of crypto. This rush to mainstream relevance and use is just wishful thinking.

I call bullshit on moving money from one country to another easily.
I had 5k euro and had to make numerous phone calls, sign papers about how it wouldn't be used for political gain, no family involved in government etc.

Have personally sent almost 50k in crypto to cousin in Europe with no issue and confirmation happened while we were on the phone.

Fuck you idiots saying price drops before confirmation. It takes like 8 minutes max with btc you dumb fuck.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 2.50.43 PM.png (740x938, 1.12M)

Bitcoin is more like thr email of money and alts are like apps/websites

Because it's annoying as fuck to get in. Once there's more fiat exchanges / better ways to cash in / out, this shit's fucking blowing up

Imagine the use case of something as small as iphone apps or games using Nano micropayments. The only reason they don't right now is because getting or receiving any crypto is a pain in the cock

Nope. That's wishful thinking, right there. Email, from the early days, was something everyone had.

The same cannot be said for crypto. When the average person on the street NEEDS a wallet to function in daily life, that's when you can draw that comparison.

If you want to use internet tech as an analogy, current tech is Gopher. The Web of crypto hasn't been invented yet.

Like I said, most of you here are too emotionally invested in crypto, and are making the same kind of wild claims that early adopters of tech usually make. I get it. I'm old enough to remember a world without cell phones, or even personal computers. Early adopters get a kind of religious belief about how everyone should be using it, and because their small circles of friends all use it, then everyone is, but it's not the case. Outside of a small percentage of people worldwide, crypto is unknown, not understood, and serves no purpose. There will be a day when that changes, but it's not now.

Agreed, getting in is too difficult.

But honestly, once in, what solution does crypto offer someone? A typical office worker just wants to deposit their paycheck, and pay for stuff. Putting their money into crypto is a trip it doesn't need to make - and it's still far easier to direct deposit to a checking account and whip out a debit card. You need to replace the bank account, the debit card...why? What is the fundamental problem with the system, as it stands, that's broken? You don't escape taxes, because they pay taxes before they buy coins, or if it's direct deposit by their company into coins, they still have to pay taxes when they spend it.
Honestly, the only benefit I can see is avoiding banking fees, but that's more easily avoided by getting into a credit union, or simply getting the right bank account with the minimal account fees. I pay hardly anything, yearly, and get a ton of benefit from my bank account. And no matter what, anything i do with crypto starts and finishes with my bank account. How do I replace my bank account with crypto? Answer: you can't.
As long as the systems we use, current fiat like the dollar, and have to go back and forth between the two, there's no real benefit, except for trading purposes. And for most people, crypto trading is a non-starter. And, replacing the entire fiat system? That's so massive a thing, so complicated, it's virtually impossible. Until a person can live completely off the cyrpto ecosystem, run their entire lives off of it, there's no solutions for the average person. It's just another layer of complexity for their cash, that they don't need.
And, when crypto can crash $1000 in price, like it did overnight, why would I keep my paycheck in it?
No, I don't see widespread adoption. The iPhone of crypto needs to appear first. A solution that makes sense, for an obvious problem. There are no problems that exist for the average person, and widespread adoption will require that.

fucking THIS

biggest use case is insurance against the banks acting recklessly and printing a fuckload of money driving hyperinflation and starving the masses
people holding bitcoin will become equivalent trillionaires

So, the best use case is a doomsday scenario that is highly unlikely to happen, all the while your money loses value over time, as Bitcoin is slowly losing price over time.

Yeah, i see everyone jumping onto that wagon.

Anyone else? Honestly. Serious replies would be great.

U basterd bich

have you seen the state of europe?
public support of pedophiles gangraping kids?
all the military spending?
shit is going down bigtime

NANO

Who gives a shit, are you here to make money or bitch about lost opportunities?

op are you dumb? There is so much use now and in the future. Don't look at one single coin, but instead look to the power of the block chain. The block chain has created a whole new industry that didnt exist before. Because of this it allows very smart people to become innovative and adapt their niche to the block chain. I already gave you an example of the use of cryptocurrency. Its a lot easier to send money from one person to another with nano; Instant practically fee less transactions. If you guys are not invested in nano idk what you guys are doing.

>There is so much use now
Such as? That's what I asked. All you've offered is nano spam.

Again, serious answers?

>When the average person on the street NEEDS a wallet to function in daily life, that's when you can draw that comparison.

I don't believe crypto will primarily be a consumer-driven innovation like the web was. I believe it will gain a lot of traction in B2B and fintech first. For private money transfer - at least in Europe - it has zero benefits, SEPA is cheaper and easier.

However, not all innovation waves cater to consumers first, for instance computers were a tool first for business, research and the military - and a lot of the foundation of what we use today was invented back then.

This lol. People will try so hard to make crypto look bad and find a reason to hate it.

it solves the government problem
also the paypal is a biased piece of shit problem

>government problem

This. Venezuelans are mining crypto and that's the only way they can buy food. They trade with people from other countries near the border, because Maduro would rather watch them stave.
How is this not a use case?

I'm this user here:At least between Euro and UK it was as simple as piss, get quoted a rate and lock it,send money to account, they make payment to another account. Ez fucking pz.

Out of genuine curiosity does it not raise questions when some random guy gets an untraced 50k suddenly in their account? I'm new to crypto and to a normie that sounds like something that would raise a lot more flags than a traced transfer.

You asked what the use was right? That is a big fucking use. I can send money from one side of the world from the other instantly and cheap af. If I sent an e transfer it would be much more expensive and slower. How dense can you be?

If you want some more uses here: The blockchain has a global ledger and has all transactions listed on that which creates transparency and validity. So this means it is almost impossible to fraudulate the network. Smart contracts are incredibly useful in real life because it brings contracts to next level by enforcing the rules of the contract. There are many business reasons making the blockchain useful. For example, if a company decides to integrate their system within the blockchain it has many benefits. For example, a steel company which is integrated through the blockchain can detect when materials hit a low point and automatically reorder materials. It can also be set up to pay employee automatically and so on. Companies which integrate with blockchain will see a big cost savings effect from this and the blockchain will also go hand and hand with the future of automation and ai technology.

*starve
Fixd

Lmao good luck with your business
You will need it if your posts reflect your IQ

Thanks bud :) I'm trying my best

Unironically it will be ChainLink (and untamperable smart contracts in general) that will first add significant value in real world usage, and with that, eventually validate other parts of the crypto-economy and support fundamental valuation of crypto-assets.

this
the total market cap should be about 3b if that, all cryptoassets are overvalued by 100x at minimum

Crypto can send money across national borders with zero bureaucracy. This was a problem solved back in 2010.

Exactly. You get it. The great unknown is the time until that adoption starts to occur. I've posted my thoughts. A lot of the posts here are wishful thinking, not grounded in reality. Most people here just parrot "Moon soon, 50k!" which is just assigning a dream price to Bitcoin, so they'll get rich and buy lambos, not based on any real adoption or events in the real world.

The only real action right now is exchanges. They're diluting the pool, and just skimming off that sweet, sweet fee money, but there's no drive behind adoption anywhere.

It raises questions when it's converted to fiat, over a certain amount.

Ahh... those were the days

Attached: Screenshot_20171223-161902.png (1080x1920, 187K)

Okay, one more time, since you refuse to listen:

Transferring money is not a problem the vast majority of human beings need. Period.

And blockchain =/= crypto. Crypto *uses* blockchain tech. Yes, blockchain does have uses, but that doesn't mean it applies to crypto. If Maersk starts using blockchain to track global shipments (which they are), that's a win for blockchain, it has fuck-all to do with Bitcoin. To associate the two is childish and beyond naive.

OP is right. Why would big money investors pump it to 1 trillion so all the grandpas who got into btc recently can turn their $1000 investment into $3000? Its march, 25% of the year is over, btc has only gone down or sideways. You can scream BLOCKCHAAAAAIN but it wont make the market magically pump crypto. Status quo tech works fine, nobody needs or wants blockchain.

Would blockchain be more bearable to use if SSD's became the new standard?

Standard, for what? And "bearable", how? You make no sense.

Yes and no. Retail bitcoinisation for normies is of course a pipe dream, but some of those back-end (non consumer facing) use cases that entail financial elements (payments, penalties, collateral) benefit strongly from being able to use native digital stores of value and native digital reserve assets.

Refer to my post above for the most likely entry points.

Imagine being this braindead

370, you say?

Attached: B.png (1218x942, 336K)

btc price stopped pumping after segwit team takeover

problem is nobody trusts it

not talking about bitcoin.
>Transferring money is not a problem the vast majority of human beings need. Period.
point and laugh at this retard

This is the same kind of craze I saw for www stocks back then, except in this case, this market has literally produced nothing of actual value and use (www market had tons of useful products even at an early stage), and should be treated as such since it fundamentally can't produce anything useful since no-one would use a crypto as a form of payment OR a store of value if the price continues to fluctuate.

BTC, ETH, BCC, and XMR do have a use case as a currency though

(and other coins do too, but they don't have as much adoption)

This is what someone says when they don't have time to do proper research and they need to rationalise ignoring most of the market.

it's a trust-less form of value exchange, so it absolutely does have a use case

This is what someone says when they don't bother to do proper research and they need to rationalise ignoring most of the world and their magical thinking.

solved the i can't get my 200 million to russian sub dealer on sunday afternoon for $50 problem....

world wide abolish in capital controls
the only unrriged asset class, eg you can qe it to death, well u sorta can with alts.

store of wealth that is unseizable if done right

has no central actor or office holder

supply issued by maths

but sure your right

also brainlets need not apply

try it with a milion

Dont forget about ethereum dapps you brainlets
Imagine getting paid for riding taxis because the advertisers directly pay you, no 3rd party needed
Imagine being paid for browsing facebook by advertisers as there is no middle man to take the profits
The list goes on

this.

something doesn't have to be universally used to have value. It just has to be used by some of the non trash segment of society (the 1%+).

Most people don't own yachts, or gold bricks, but the market for those things are just fine.

7 trillion for golden and almost no one owns a significant amount

Yeah nice original thought there user

>Imagine getting paid for riding taxis because the advertisers directly pay you, no 3rd party needed
>Imagine being paid for browsing facebook by advertisers

That sounds like a fucking nightmare

Mocking someone doesn't require original thought, sperglord.

But, since this is devolving into the usual neckbeard slapfight, I'm done. I was hoping for a real discussion, but, Veeky Forums.

>Transferring money is not a problem the vast majority of human beings need. Period
Hahaha I didn't realise that was you. Yeah you should go to bed, elementary school takes a lot of energy.

if I had 1million to transfer surely i would have even less incentive to use a volatile currency such as bitcoin to save a few grand on the exchange. Most normal people would happily take a

you have to be at least 18 to post here you fucking brainlet

This advertiser - customer exchange fails every single time because advertisers and customers trying to make money from being shown advertisements are natural enemies. The advertiser does not benefit from selling ads unless they profit off of the people the ads are being sold to, and these people aim to benefit by doing the opposite, earning a profit from the ads. This can never be a symbiotic relationship, there's a reason all the ad watching apps and shit only make you a cent per ad, time is money and you can't make money efficiently this way since the people you're trying to make money from will not sell unless they can profit.

>Imagine being paid for riding taxis

This is completely retarded which is why it's only going to happen in your imagination, almost no ad in the modern age will ever be worth the price of your attention, if you needed information about a product you could find the best option online in seconds. Even specialized ads will be less efficient than a google search for the purposes of matching a consumer with their desired product.

>Imagine being paid for browsing facebook with no middleman

There doesn't need to be a fucking middleman brainlet the "profits" will be taken by the company putting out the advertisement not by consumers that is literally how ads work you will be making pennies to have your normiebook feed flooded with dogshit. The time and distraction involved is worth more than the ads themselves will ever pay you.

Could you explain to me what smart contracts are and also oracles because I have no fucking clue what's going on

Oh and one more thing, all of these "get paid to watch ads" shilling schemes are extremely vulnerable to botting. Verifying that the person watching is a human repeatedly takes a massive amount of time and is the only way to keep botters from forcing the price per ad even lower. The optimal way to make money off of ads will not be to watch them in the manner you describe, it will be to create a bot network and rapidly move from one bot to the next verifying the "human" checks which waste even more time on the part of casual consumers. This will drive the prices of ads even lower and bottleneck the price of specialized ads. Even if your system could work the consumers who take advantage of it would be the ones who use false accounts to watch 20 ads at a time and thousands of ads per hour.

If you have any understanding of how markets work you know a "get paid to watch ads" system is retarded, of ads is being used by websites that cannot make money from their users in better ways.

Attached: Clarity.png (400x475, 125K)

>Once there's more fiat exchanges / better ways to cash in / out, this shit's fucking blowing up
>The only reason they don't right now is because getting or receiving any crypto is a pain in the cock
Ah, keep dreaming. The reason why crypto is so poorly integrated with fiat is because of anti-money-laundering laws. No new token or crypto fiat will change things as long as it's part of the mainstream crypto ecosystem. The same goes for utility tokens: no one will let people seamlessly convert them to real fiat while it's possible to anonymously exchange them for laundered/drug coins, which it is.

>unlikely to happen
The impending collapse of the dollar and the western world is the main reason I got into cryptocurrency. You're blind if you honestly don't think it's going to happen in our lifetimes. It will be worse than the great depression and more significant than the french revolution.

>Imagine being paid for browsing facebook by advertisers as there is no middle man to take the profits
You don't understand how advertising works. It is full of fraud.

Are you fucking stupid? BTC has been gaining value slowly over time since its inception. Stop looking at the last three months and look at the big picture since 2009.

>Stop looking at the last three months and look at the big picture since 2009.
Bitcoin experienced an amazing growth because it found its use in the black market. Then a normie bubble ensued.

Lol found it’s use in the black market? For what dipshit? BTC hasn’t been used in the black market for shit since 2013. Monero and other privacy coins have replaced it.

The money transfer argument works as long as the receiving side is able to spend money directly in crypto. Otherwise it kills the whole purpose: cashing out big amounts of crypto is slow, cumbersome and is subject to a shit ton of anti-money-laundering regulations which can make you a potential suspect.

Stupid decemberfag, before the bubble, most of bitcoin's transactions were for darknet purchases. Without the darknet, bitcoin would be unironically dead, the junkies literally raised it to the top.

Stop regurgitating CNBC talking points. It won’t get you anywhere. Monero and other privacy coins have completely replaced BTC dark net use. And that’s for almost 5 years now.

I might be retarded here but can someone explain to me why ICOs and whatnot are necessary from a technical standpoint?

People talk about all the possibilities of blockchain technology. The justification for crypto is always in the potential of blockchain. So why even bother creating a security and trying to sell it on an exchange? I get that tokens or whatever are needed to facilitate using the blockchain for whatever, but is there any reason to use these tokens as currency holding speculative value rather than just a technical object of no inherent value to facilitate whatever blockchain technology is being implemented?

It feels like every cool crypto idea is a solid blockchain concept with a get rich quick ICO scheme tacked on to it for no real reason.

I'm explaining to you "the big picture since 2009", not the current situation

lol get triggered much? :D

Jesus fuck how dumb are you? No you’re not. Your explanation for the rise of BTC is muhhhh dark net. Yet, since 2013 Monero and other privacy coins have replaced BTC for dark net transactions and yet BTC has gone from around 100 dollars in 2013 to around 9k where it sits now, a 90x rise without any dark net support. Brainlet.