Most evil fictional character?

This is, as far as I can tell, the most evil character in a work of fiction that I've seen. Tell me why I'm wrong, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1lcZM0MNek
youtube.com/watch?v=AFG7SPHUgqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's not evil, just amoral

I haven't read Clockwork Orange and I fucking hated the movie, but The Judge is pretty damn evil.

>written as an archetype of pure evil
>knows and feels it's wrong, but does it anyway for shits and giggles
>yet somehow becomes a sympathetic character when compared to the state

Actually I take that back, he's evil.

Checked. Also, isn't being amoral and acting upon it an integral component of evil?

The Judge is second only to the Biblical Satan

>inb4 some idiot quotes their high school English teacher and says Iago
Blicero desu senpai

lol m8 it's not at all an unreasonable conclusion

Oh shxt though I looked up Blicero I'm like 100 pages into GR don't think he's come up yet. That's exciting

I'm not familiar with "The Judge". Where can I find him? In which work?

Eh, I think it's different. If you're amoral then you have no sense of right and wrong, like an animal. I believe that to be truly evil then you must be consciously choosing wrong. Is a beast evil if it knows no better? But I do take back my original post, Alex is fully aware that what he is doing is evil yet does it any way so I would consider him evil.

Blood meridian

Blood Meridian

Checked again. I noticed your retraction, and I agree completely.

Thanks. Damn, based on what I'm reading you may have a point. I'll investigate further.

Judge Dredd

OP here. It's worth mentioning that this is such a refreshing Veeky Forums experience for me. As a resident /b/tard, this makes for an encouraging level of discourse.

Judge Judy.

Stick around then... Veeky Forums can do much better than this (and much worse, of course.)

My ass!

I will. But /b/ will forever be my primary source for the dankest of may-mays and the rarest of Pepes the interwebs have to offer.

King Tereus is pretty fucking bad.

Becky from Vanity Fair.

Certainly commits fewer atrocities than the characters thus far listed, but the best representation of evil as it actually exists within the banal.

Then again, Blicero really is pretty fucking evil. And not altogether different from Becky...

>I believe that
>

>No mention of Slothrop, possibly the worst character ever written
>inb4 retards can't into my wordplay

No, he's just an adolescent gone extremely wild in the book.

Now the Judge, THAT is the most evil character in any work of fiction

youtube.com/watch?v=P1lcZM0MNek

>Most evil fictional character?
Am. No contest.

What's your argument here?

I wish people who know nothing about animal behavior would quit repeating this outdated crap.

Many species of animals, including bearly all avian dinosaurs and mammals great and small, have complex social structures and relationships and demonstrate altruism and clear signs on counterintuitive morality. In fact, considering the behavior of many humans, most animals are a step up.

I'm not talking about morality created by social group but rather morality as it concerns God. Animals may have their own set of morals and social rules but do these line up to the word of God? Will these save their souls?

he's been mentioned by that point
in the seance

Oh brother...

Siddhartha.

Satan was actually a prety cool dude.

>blicero
>evil

he's a third-rate "villain"

Gottfried got freed.

please leave our board

Their morals come from their god human.

Man, he was such a dick

>hey Buddha guess what fuck you I'm not following your religion
>ok man whatever
>yeah, cause it's full of holes that only an intellectual such as myself can see
>that's fine dude live your life

From God, or from their false god?

You messed up

Tyrone

From the gods as we imagine them.
Refined by our cultures existing values.
Defined by our social order.

Milton's Satan is fucking boss.

Why tho

I loved gravity's rainbow but people will mention it even in a thread it's not really applicable.

God from the Old Testament would be a good villain if he wasn't so poorly written

Terrible character development

when you redditors try to do the whole "diminish the literary merit of the Bible by measuring it on the same scale as muh genre fic" it actually makes you look like a colossal faggot.

lack of knowledge about the Bible is not a sign of intelligence like it is on your backwards clusterfuck of a website

I was joking

ruth from the girl next door by jack ketchum

Blicero is pride embodied - and from it all other sins. Were he otherwise his relationship with Pökler would've been defined. His evil lies in sinister equivocality

youtube.com/watch?v=AFG7SPHUgqM

yeah well I'm drunkposting fuckin fight me

I felt like the biggest bad guy in GR was the system, myan.
But for real, there was that whole section about how the system and the technology had become a living thing in a way, and it was the thing really driving the war and everything else for its own gain.

The only merits of the Bible are in its influence

True.
The jews tyrant god is a retarded 2 year old psychopath.
Expecting moral lessons to stem from it, well, it explains the quality of morality tgat comes out of that cult.
Socrates makes a far more interesting god character.
More intelligent, and rational as well.

Putting it on par with pulp fiction is an act if kindness user.
You don't want to address its factual historicity, or it gets torn to shreds.

Keep it around, as a nice human-interest piece, that makes you feel special when you read it.

>Becky
Why are you such a misogynist, user?

Miss Wade from Little Dorrit
Quilp from Old Curiosity Shop

What a dick, got what he deserved.

Biblical prose is 10/10

2 And he said, O Lord God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham. 13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water: 14 and let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master. 15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder. 16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up. 17 And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Let me, I pray thee, drink a little water of thy pitcher. 18 And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink. 19 And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking. 20 And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels. 21 And the man wondering at her held his peace, to wit whether the Lord had made his journey prosperous or not.

>the only merits of a house's foundation is its influence on the rest of the house.
c'mon dude that's like trashing the Greeks.

you haven't studied it and you probably have a Reddit tab open

From another thread, Mr Leland Gaunt, who drove the Tucker Talisman, which never existed at all and drove on tires of smoke, who operated his curio shop, that had one of just what each person in town turned out to want more than life itself, and each person got their item not for any monetary price, but in exchange for doing Mr Gaunt a favor. And soon, strange and increasingly horrible things started happening all around town.

Needful Things was supposed to be a lesson in avoiding manipulation, but it only made me carefully plan other ways to destroy the lives of everyone I knew until they killed each other.

Close. I grew up devout, in a Jesuit family and have never been to reddit.

This is such a potent reminder to stay away from the Message translation. That's what I've been reading and the "prose" is like a goddamn blog

lol
and kek

and whatnot

oh, lemme try for the par.

you grew up religious, fell away from your oppressive sheep religion after embracing muh logic, and overcompensated by going full edgetheist

Probably God from the Old Testament, or the New one, whichever one he's a bigger asshole.

It's not an accurate translation. If you want a good contemporary translation, try Robert Alter's translation of the Tanakh (which is loaded with commentary). In his introduction, he explains why the King James, despite its flaws, captures Hebraic prose much better than the other mainstream translations, and laments that the aesthetic of Hebrew prose is generally completely lost in contemporary translations.

god

>It's not an accurate translation
My this I mean "The Message", which is awful. The King James has some flaws, but is, startlingly, a much more faithful translation than most contemporary translations.

Righteous authority and the harsh punishment of sin is not evil. I know your poor little bleeding heart can't handle these notions though

Jason from the Sound and the Fury

Laeretes in Hamlet

Lear's daughters

Hogg

What about Morgoth?

Laertes? I think you mean Polonius

Somebody has to film this scene. Word for word.

With someone standing there listening to him slitting their wrists in agony.

Wasn't Polonious just the bumbling old man who was Laeretes helper?

Why don't you just cut to the chase and tell him you think he smells bad and you don't like his shoes?

[no answer]

sort of in line with you commentary, i think if there's anyone disgusting in GR it's the guests at the dinner party that Roger Mexico and Bodine ruin. Out of touch plutocrats and their children, tolerance too low to accept the smallest dose of reality, predestined to rule over an emerging puppet technocracy (a social arrangement foreshadowed by Blicero and the 00000 project).

Laeretes was Polonious' son user, you're thinking of Claudius

>ctrl-f "the judge"
>6 results
>mfw

Yes, however what can be deemed more evil than the creation of evil itself? Of suffering, pain, despair and loneliness?

Anyway, nice devil's advocate.

>control-f
>no O'Brian
This man is evil incarnate

>the most evil character in a work of fiction

Hitler.

am I the only one who didn't think he was that evil

pretty much everyone in the gang was capable of murder

I dont get it

Zing

Satan

pretty much everyone in a clockwork orange is morally oblique

Cersei Lannister

>Zing

kek I am crazy bored, man.

Old Testament God was pretty evil from a modern perspective

Stop talking to me.

>Tereus

But then he became this goofy bird king who can summon all sorts of pretty birds and help persuade them to build a bird city in the sky.

How is altruism within a complex social structure counterintuitive?

Honestly the Judge wasn't that bad, if we assume he was indeed the devil then he's probably done worse things before and would do worse things later. The implied pedophilia was probably the worst but yeah Glanton's whole gang did a lot of bad stuff, The Kid included

Polonius's advise is false, fatal, and calumnious. For a father to give his son--monstrous. The son is going abroad, and for the first. What does Polonius? Invoke God's blessing upon him? Put the blessed Bible in his trunk? No. Crams him with maxims smacking of my Lord Chesterfield. 'The friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, Grapple them to thy soul with hooks of steel'? Laertes is to take the best of care of his friends--his proved friends, on the same principle that a wine-corker takes the best of care of his proved bottles. When a bottle gets a sharp knock and don't break, he says, 'Ah, I'll keep that bottle.' Why? Because he loves it? No, he has particular use for it. Is there anything in it hortatory to high, heroic, disinterested effort? Anything like 'sell all thou hast and give to the poor?' And, in other points, what desire seems most in the father's mind, that his son should cherish nobleness for himself, or be on his guard against the contrary thing in others? An irreligious warner, --no devout counselor, is Polonius. One sees the fly-blown old fop drule and look wise. His vile wisdom is made the viler by his vile rheuminess. The bowing and cringing, time-serving old sinner—is such an one to give manly precepts to youth? The discreet, decorous, old dotard-of-state; senile prudence; fatuous soullessriess! The ribanded old dog is paralytic all down one side, and that the side of nobleness. His soul is gone out. Only nature's automatonism keeps him on his legs. As with some old trees, the bark survives the pith, and will still stand stiffly up, though but to rim round punk, so the body of old Polonius has outlived his soul. I hate him. Nor can I bear to hear your veterans of the world affirm, that he who steers through life by the advice of old Polonius will not steer among the breakers.

>CTRL+F "Patrick Bateman"

>0 results

Well okay

>he literally says how he wishes he were doing the old ultra violence to people, how he'd like to rape someone etc.

>not evil

Anyway, he's not the most evil one in lit.